Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Comics Golden Age

NCW - What's everyone grabbing?!?4190

Collector NilesPaine private msg quote post Address this user
Pretty slow week for new comics, though a couple of things catch my eye. Always a True Believer plus its Kirby Craze I have a pull on Jean Grey and I might just have to pick up

MAYBE Wonder Woman and Darkseid too?? A slow week in comics is still a $20 affair
What about yourselves?? Looking forward to any titles??
Post 1 IP   flag post
Collector Themaxx35 private msg quote post Address this user
I'll grab All Star Batman. Only 2 issues left in the series so I may as well ride it out and get the full run. I'll grab red hood and the outlaws annual. Maybe the darkseid special. Everything is a $5 book this week, which is never fun.
Post 2 IP   flag post
Collector tonnage71 private msg quote post Address this user
Agree it's a slow week, other than Secret Empire #10. Been a long time since I only had four issues in my pull list! 😂
Post 3 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Themaxx35
I'll grab All Star Batman. Only 2 issues left in the series so I may as well ride it out and get the full run. I'll grab red hood and the outlaws annual. Maybe the darkseid special. Everything is a $5 book this week, which is never fun.

Haha that's why I grab those True Believers. Feels good to grab a comic for a dollar still. How is that Allstar Batman??? I love the Batman Jokes and Riddles run right now.
Post 4 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonnage71
Agree it's a slow week, other than Secret Empire #10. Been a long time since I only had four issues in my pull list! 😂

LOL only 4 eh?? I usually have that or less per week and up leaving with about 5 extra books. Got my e mail from my local shop about my one pull and thought really???
Post 5 IP   flag post
Collector rtdcomics private msg quote post Address this user
i need to make the most of grabs now before the whole legacy kicks into full swing and melts my brain on trying to following numbering!
Post 6 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by rtdcomics
i need to make the most of grabs now before the whole legacy kicks into full swing and melts my brain on trying to following numbering!

Damn them!!! I tried to take it easy on the previews. Like do I really need this America cover?? They screwed me so bad on this Cable run lol 1-6 to 150?? Hmm?? reminiscent of my other friendly symbiote.
Post 7 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR JLS_Comics private msg quote post Address this user
The thing I am most looking forward to today is Image+ vol2 #1 for the Wytches story

Post 8 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR DarthLego private msg quote post Address this user
Are they ending All Star Batman? My wallet will be happier!
Post 9 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR DarthLego private msg quote post Address this user
@JLS_Comics "exclusively in Image+" (until next year when we release an "exclusive" 500 copy comic...and then until a month later when we release the hardcover, cheaper, longer, and with better cover art) Hehehe. 😎
Post 10 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthLego
"exclusively in Image+" (until next year when we release an "exclusive" 500 copy comic...and then until a month later when we release the hardcover, cheaper, longer, and with better cover art) Hehehe. 😎

Don't fall for the gimmicks!! lol
Post 11 IP   flag post
Collector dpiercy private msg quote post Address this user
Light week; good for me as I am way behind on what I have been reading.

Post 12 IP   flag post
Collector poka private msg quote post Address this user
skipping this week
Post 13 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by dpiercy
Light week; good for me as I am way behind on what I have been reading.

That WW cover is gorgeous.
Post 14 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by NilesPaine

That WW cover is gorgeous.

Jenny Frison's WW covers have been, mostly, pretty outstanding.
Post 15 IP   flag post
@JLS_Comics
What pray tell is this Wytches story?? I don't follow Image too closely.
Post 16 IP   flag post
Collector Themaxx35 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
How is that Allstar Batman??? I love the Batman Jokes and Riddles run right now.

All-Star is not bad, but it doesn't justify the 4.99 price point. The first arc was not great in my view. The story was ok, by John Romita Jr.'s art is just not good these days (that's blasphemous to say I know) and it kinda killed the arc for me. The other arcs have been much better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthLego
Are they ending All Star Batman? My wallet will be happier!

Yeah, I think they decided to wrap it at 14 (or is it 15?). It was selling ok, but not as high as you would expect for Snyder. I think that 4.99 price was an albatross around its neck. My understanding is that they want to use Snyder for really good one-shots and mini-series that will let him do some bold storytelling without tying him to a monthly. TBH, I will not miss this series too much, especially the price. King's Batman is finding its stride and I am happy with that being my Batman book. I will be jumping back onto TEC too b/c they are revisiting the Tim Drake story thread. That'll be enough Batman for me.
Post 17 IP   flag post
Quote:
@JLS_Comics
What pray tell is this Wytches story?? I don't follow Image too closely.

It is a image comics miniseries by Scott Snyder (w) and Jock (a). Basically, it's a horror story that follows a family who move to a town and their daughter is marked as a sacrifice to a coven of witches that live in the woods
Post 18 IP   flag post
Collector Zombiebigfoot private msg quote post Address this user
@NilesPaine @dpiercy
I have to agree on this weeks WW cover. I wonder if this was an homage to the Nat. Geo. cover from back in the day.

This was the first thing I thought of when I saw this cover. Is it just me or do others see it too?
Post 19 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zombiebigfoot
This was the first thing I thought of. Is it just me?

They aren't dissimilar. Having said that, looks more like an influence rather than direct homage to me.
Post 20 IP   flag post
Collector Savage_Spawn private msg quote post Address this user
Wow very observant. There has to be some influence here, especially the "folds" of the headdress on the lower right. If WW mouth were closed I'd call it a clear homage.
Post 21 IP   flag post
598059 21 21
This topic is archived. Start new topic?