Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Comics MagazinesComics Modern AgeMemorabiliaMovies TelevisionQuestions

STAR WARS COMICS419

Collector Revan_Q private msg quote post Address this user
I'm looking for any comics that featured the characters Darth Revan and Darth Malak. Does anyone know if there are any issues out there?
Post 1 IP   flag post
Collector roarzola private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by slq955
I'm looking for any comics that featured the characters Darth Revan and Darth Malak. Does anyone know if there are any issues out there?
Quote:
Originally Posted by slq955

Good Question. Wasn't there a Knights of the Old Republic series of books?
Post 2 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR dielinfinite private msg quote post Address this user
This should help get you started:

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Revan#Appearances

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Darth_Malak#Appearances
Post 3 IP   flag post
Collector MR_SigS private msg quote post Address this user
Well, this thread isn't what I thought it was.
So, since the title says it all, and since it has 3 weeks of dust on it, and since the only other SW thread I can find focuses of sigs, I'm going to hijack this one instead of starting a new one.

So please share your Star Wars books, any of them, including those with sigs and any stories behind them, here.

I'll kick it off with my humble replacement copy for the #1 I sold a few years ago (same-ish grade). I didn't know it when I claimed it, but it came with a 2nd print reader, 35c price variant (honestly didn't know the later prints also had price variants).

I have no interest in focusing on an uber grade copy for my collection, but I love seeing them. And not just the #1s.

:popcorn:
Post 4 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
Seeing triple. I bought three copies of Star Wars #1 when it came out in 1977. I sent one copy in to CBCS for grading and encapsulation last year, and got it back with a 9.6 grade (in fact, they charged me more because of the grade). So I sent the other two in this year. One received a 9.4 and the other a 9.2. All three have the received dates stamped on their covers to show that they came from the same store.

Post 5 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR DarthLego private msg quote post Address this user
Does CBCS charge based on the Raw value or the value after slabbed?
Post 6 IP   flag post
Moderator Jesse_O private msg quote post Address this user
I didn't go all out on the new SW comics, but I had an opportunity to get this Frank Cho variant #1 signed, witnessed and slabbed!! The personalization on it is "May the force be with you." I was thinking of "Live long and prosper." but decided against it. LOL

Post 7 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR DarthLego private msg quote post Address this user

Post 8 IP   flag post
Collector Define999 private msg quote post Address this user
Ok, how about some rare foreign edition SW stuff you don't see often? Lets travel around the world, starting in Russia. The (Darkhorse)Star Wars New hope books look good in Russian! Tough to find even in Russia from what my sources say.

One of the supercool Indonesain bootlegs re-drawn by Indo artist Jan Mitaraga!

Comparison images of the interior art.....

A later Star Wars printing in Japan. This one comes with the cool ad flap on the cover…..

A super rare book you can barely find scans on the web much less a buying opportunity. The killer Star Wars #1 Alemar bookstore from the Philippines.

The used to be tough Columbian #1, recently a bunch have come out of the woodwork….

The altered Columbian cover turning Obi Wan into an alien.

The UK isn't rare, but can be tough when you are looking for a un-punched x-wing cutout insert.

The beautiful Greek!

The Arabic! This one pulled from a Ma qara al koun binding…..

Former Yugoslavia Strip art issue!

The extremly rare, 1st Star Wars in Japan, Weekly Shounen Magazine #18!

And last but not least, probably one of the rarest SW#1 editions on the planet! The South African Supercomix #1

Post 9 IP   flag post
@Define999 That is almost too cool! I guess I hijacked this thread for you, lol.
Post 10 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR JWKyle private msg quote post Address this user
Wow those are crazy wouldn't doubt if some of the print runs on those made the 35 cent price variant look like it was mass produced
Post 11 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by MR_SigS
@Define999 That is almost too cool! I guess I hijacked this thread for you, lol.
I guess you did... it was this thread though that got me thinking I hadn't really put a bunch of my rare SW editions in one post. Thanks for that....
Post 12 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by JWKyle
Wow those are crazy wouldn't doubt if some of the print runs on those made the 35 cent price variant look like it was mass produced

That would be absolutely correct!
Post 13 IP   flag post
Collector nevinem private msg quote post Address this user
I need to get the rest of mine up but for the time being here is what I put up last night.

Post 14 IP   flag post

Post 15 IP   flag post

Post 16 IP   flag post
One creepy cover.

Post 17 IP   flag post
HC Collection and #6 signed by Howard Chaykin last year in Sacramento.

Post 18 IP   flag post
Collector Mephisto private msg quote post Address this user

I don't have many Star Wars comics. I must have sold my Star Wars 42 when I sold stuff in bulk. I have the comic to this painting somewhere in my boxes.
Post 19 IP   flag post
@nevinem Damn thats a lot of 42's! Sweeeet!
Post 20 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by MR_SigS
HC Collection and #6 signed by Howard Chaykin last year in Sacramento.

Love his sig!!!!!
Post 21 IP   flag post
Thanks guys!

Ok, update with a current pic of my entire Star Wars #1 foreign edition and American variant set. Using or inspired by, the classic Chaykin artwork… enjoy! And BTW this set with the exception of the Arabic is the set I took last summer to Red Bank, New Jersey to be featured on Comic Book Men. Very disappointed my transaction didn't make the show. If you want my opinion the Stash guys, Robert B, and the shooting producers were all great! The problem was I think the editing guys got lazy and didn't want to cut this huge thing together. We shot a ton of B roll stuff that was needed for such a complicated transaction with so many pieces. Oh well…. but I am not gonna lie it did hurt my feelings a bit.

Is it the largest set of its type on planet earth? Yes I believe so… and I will just answer now I don't have the 35 cent variant. Hope for one, but until then I am still pretty happy creating what I believe is a record breaking set.
Post 22 IP   flag post

Post 23 IP   flag post

Post 24 IP   flag post

Post 25 IP   flag post

Post 26 IP   flag post

Post 27 IP   flag post

Post 28 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR dielinfinite private msg quote post Address this user
I've got a few favorites:

This is a recent sketch cover I got from Jae Lee at the Long Beach Comic Expo back in February:

These are two fan service issues: Darth Vader vs Boba Fett and Darth Vader vs Darth Maul. I just love the art on these covers. I got them signed by some of the actors behind the characters.

The Vader/Fett book is signed by Jeremy Bulloch and Dave Prowse and the Vader/Maul book is signed by Prowse, Ray Park, Ron Marz, and Jon Foster

These are my two copies of the Shadows of the Empire hardcover. The first is an Art Proof copy. Aside from the standard creators' signatures the book comes with I also got Chris Moeller, who did the dust jacket art, and Dave Prowse to sign it.

This second copy is one of my most prized books. Once again, I got Moeller and Prowse to sign it but I also got Peter Mayhew, Jeremy Bulloch, Kenny Baker, Anthony Daniels, Ian McDiarmid, Billy Dee Williams, Carrie Fisher, and Mark Hamill to sign it

Post 29 IP   flag post
Collector KrellEducator private msg quote post Address this user
I picked up a couple variants this week.

Post 30 IP   flag post
601333 62 30
This topic is archived. Start new topic?