Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Comics Modern AgeGrading Help NeededPop CultureQuestions

ebay buyer accuses me of switching labels!4188

COLLECTOR DarthLego private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Instant_Subtitles
I think one of my many selves has died from the heat here.

Post 326 IP   flag post
@Mef You didn't ask lol
Post 327 IP   flag post
Now watch him show up and write an 11 paragraph biography about Xavier Woods. lol

#UpUpDownDown
Post 328 IP   flag post
Collector Mef private msg quote post Address this user
@darthlego told you
Post 329 IP   flag post
Collector DocBrown private msg quote post Address this user
lol

Google is your friend.
Post 330 IP   flag post

Post 331 IP   flag post
Collector Thanatos private msg quote post Address this user

Post 332 IP   flag post
Collector jrs private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
@jrs

This says it all.

Hat tip to @Instant_Subtitles
Post 333 IP   flag post
He sounds like a vegan who wants real mayonnaise to be vegan friendly. Instant_Subtitles private msg quote post Address this user
After hearing how some eBay buyers can, I wonder how it could become worse.

Post 334 IP   flag post
Quote:
After hearing how some eBay buyers can, I wonder how it could become worse.

Post 335 IP   flag post
He sounds like a vegan who wants real mayonnaise to be vegan friendly. Instant_Subtitles private msg quote post Address this user
@DarthLego It's a fake Tweet generator I found after I got bored of doing stuff. I was thinking of doing this when I was reading that buyer's replies. And again when I failed to equate how much of a pain in the butt he must be to other sellers.

Post 336 IP   flag post
Collector poka private msg quote post Address this user
@DarthLego did you have to do that? - lol
Post 337 IP   flag post
Collector CopperAgeKids private msg quote post Address this user
KaptainMyke:

You cannot let personal feelings/sentiments/what have you get in the way, when dealing with a buyer.

For that matter, any situation when your ass is on the line.

If you get pulled over by a cop for a traffic offense,and you are inordinately polite and respectful, he may very well let you go with a warning...I have gotten pulled over and gotten off with warnings before.

Had I reacted with the general tone that you spoke to your buyer with.... I would have been looking at a few hundred dollars in fines and a hike on my insurance.

Point being, it does not pay to lose your cool.You only hurt yourself.

IME, I have fared exceedingly well when I have CALLED eBay regsrding problem buyers, which I have had 3 of.

I also did just as well when I CALLED eBay about a couple sellers who tried screwing me.

Call eBay, and just be friendly with the damn CS rep. You know they deal with prices railing at them all day, if you are polite and friendly, they will see reason and easily side in your favor, 99% of the time.

This also relates to your creation of this thread, which to the uninformed or misinformed, puts CBCS in an unfavorable position.

My other advice to you is now more pressing than ever:

Record yourself opening the package in the presence of your local USPS postmaster because now, more than ever, the buyer may try to eff you.
Post 338 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by poka
@DarthLego did you have to do that? - lol

Post 339 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
The buyer closed the case and he will keep the book. CBCS has offered to give him a free reholder, too.
Post 340 IP   flag post
Collector 00slim private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaptainmyke
CBCS has offered to give him a free reholder

THIS is the kinda stuff I wanted to hear.

How, exactly, did that offer come about?
Post 341 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR shrewbeer private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
don't make my thread get locked up brah

Instead, the mods have gutted the last few pages lol.. I think, I can kinda tell, what happened, pieces...missing...

Nice to see the issue at hand resolved though.
Post 342 IP   flag post
Collector jrs private msg quote post Address this user
Isn't the case going to have the exact same problems? Methinks this might not be over yet but I'm glad the buyer closed the eBay case. He's going to turn around and sell the book anyway, I presume.
Post 343 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrs
Isn't the case going to have the exact same problems? Methinks this might not be over yet but I'm glad the buyer closed the eBay case. He's going to turn around and sell the book anyway, I presume.

Yes, but the slab will come straight from CBCS to him, what's he gonna do, accuse CBCS of tampering with the slab after they slabbed it? lol

Also, what does it matter if he resells it? Mike got paid, it's that dude's property to do with as he pleases.
Post 344 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by shrewbeer
Quote:
don't make my thread get locked up brah

Instead, the mods have gutted the last few pages lol.. I think, I can kinda tell, what happened, pieces...missing...

Nice to see the issue at hand resolved though.

Nothing got deleted.
Post 345 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthLego
Nothing got deleted.

You made references to @mef post that doesnt seem to exist, and a few of caps posts that I was laughing at went *poof* as well.
Post 346 IP   flag post
Collector* Towmater private msg quote post Address this user
Interesting reading
Post 347 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR JWKyle private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
The buyer closed the case and he will keep the book. CBCS has offered to give him a free reholder, too.
This action by CBCS to step in and do this just made my decision for me. I was going back and forth on whether to call in and have my 30 books on 3 different invoices that is just received stopped and shipped back to me. CBCS stepping in on this shows they stand behind their product and will probably save Myke and new owner of the book as future customers (please send this guy something back with no QC issues). I'm still looking for some sort of answer to the slab issues before I start sending more books in. Hopefully this will be after Chicago.
Post 348 IP   flag post
@JWKyle curious how long ago they marked your books as recieved?

I have an invoice that according to the turnaround update should have been in grading 2 weeks ago, and another invoice dropped at cbcs booth 2 weeks ago yet to be received. I was thinking maybe the gears had stopped turning 😬
Post 349 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR JWKyle private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:

I have an invoice that according to the turnaround update should have been in grading 2 weeks ago, and another invoice dropped at cbcs booth 2 weeks ago yet to be received. I was thinking maybe the gears had stopped turning 😬
@shrewbeer I've had three books that have been in grading all this week and hasn't moved from grading. Usually grading only goes a day or two so it does make me think something is up.
Post 350 IP   flag post
Collector kclaw97 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by JWKyle
Quote:

@shrewbeer I've had three books that have been in grading all this week and hasn't moved from grading. Usually grading only goes a day or two so it does make me think something is up.

I just had books move from Grading where they resided for 4-5 biz days and have been in QC for the last 2+ days. There's movement...just not at the pace we'd all like to see.
Post 351 IP   flag post
@kclaw97 thx for confirming. Good to know the gears are still running at least, albeit slow. I know con season is in full swing, theres gotta be thousands of books piling in on a daily basis this time of year
Post 352 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
No, nothing was deleted. Nothing went **POOF!** except me.
Post 353 IP   flag post
Collector 00slim private msg quote post Address this user
@kaptainmyke So, exactly how did it play out after that last message?
Post 354 IP   flag post
Well, he then proceeded to apologize for the 20 messages and then asked me what I do for a living, which evolved into how do I get witnessed signed books and how do I afford to pay for such expensive books.

Post 355 IP   flag post
600815 382 30
Thread locked. No more posts permitted. Return home.