Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Comics Modern AgeGrading Help NeededPop CultureQuestions

ebay buyer accuses me of switching labels!4188

He sounds like a vegan who wants real mayonnaise to be vegan friendly. Instant_Subtitles private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by rckstr1253
I have no horse in this race and have kept quiet for weeks until cbcs gave us an update, but after 3 weeks or so and not a peep from a representative is a little concerning for me as i was getting books together for my first submission. I guess ill have to wait and see, but really, an update should of been made immediately. Every company has flaws or issues that arise, but how you handle them is what matters. Its always better to come out and speak about it right away than to disappear for weeks with no word. With that said, i hope this gets straighten out but, after what cgc did with the new slab fiasco, and how they handled it, cbcs seems to be taking the same approach. NOT GOOD!

I posted about this. The response will arrive.

[ERRATA: Did not see the "thumbs up".]
Post 301 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR Foghorn_Sam private msg quote post Address this user
When I got my first CGC slabs, I thought those injection scores on the sides are places where the slab was supposed to be sealed in addition to the 4 posts. Only after reading several discussions on the CGG chat boards did I realize they are just injection ports for the molten plastic and not meant to be any kind of seal at all. The problem is, if you are uneducated on the injection molding process like I was, it would be easy to think they must serve some purpose for the slabbing of the book and not some necessary byproduct related to the manufacture of the slab parts.
No doubt some trimming at the factory already takes place to smooth these injection points down and other places where the plastic leaks out.
Also, it's obvious some don't understand the slab is not supposed to be sealed tight at the sides as to allow the slab to breath. Once again, like I was, some think the slab has been tampered with just because the sides can be pulled apart a little bit.
It's really too bad this lack of knowledge and understanding is causing such a problem between (honest) buyers and sellers and/or scammers are trying to use it to gain leverage for their scam.
Post 302 IP   flag post
Collector Themaxx35 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by shrewbeer
Die-hard fans are dropping like flies.

WHO'S AT THE HELM??

Yeah, kind of depressing to watch. I personally don't have a dog in this fight right now, but the silence is a bit deafening. If they are losing die-hard forum members, I can only assume that other collectors are/will be jumping too.
Post 303 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR DarthLego private msg quote post Address this user
@Instant_Subtitles Zero information learned on your phone call was new information. Every single thing you repeated was something every one of us already knew, and for a long time. But thanks for the effort.
Post 304 IP   flag post
Collector poka private msg quote post Address this user
@Themaxx35 he just needs his friday night scotch and he will calm down and be back
Post 305 IP   flag post

He sounds like a vegan who wants real mayonnaise to be vegan friendly. Instant_Subtitles private msg quote post Address this user
@DarthLego Thanks for the 411. I figured that everybody knew that the person who responds to these things is at the convention in Chicago, and will be back soon. Not the other stuff. So live and learn.
Post 306 IP   flag post
Also... An answer to this ordeal?

Post 307 IP   flag post
Collector RexMuff private msg quote post Address this user

Sorry dude, just sounds like a run-around. I'm really lookin for somethin to rekindle my confidence. As opposed to a "an answer is comin". This whole things gone too long
Post 308 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
nobody needs to pat you on the back
Post 309 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
don't make my thread get locked up brah
Post 310 IP   flag post
i haven't even had 1st bourbon yet
Post 311 IP   flag post
i see you typing
Post 312 IP   flag post
stop it
Post 313 IP   flag post
thanks
Post 314 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR shrewbeer private msg quote post Address this user
Lmfaoooooo 🤣🤣
Post 315 IP   flag post
@RexMuff Not appreciating the fact you chose to reply that was based on an oversight. And in a way that makes me think making an effort to help means anything here.

@kaptainmyke Whatever. I actually felt upset with the way they responded to your share of this issue. I guess I'll just sum it up as a mistake, and let you have your wish.
Post 316 IP   flag post
oh don't be that way, oh you
Post 317 IP   flag post
I like to mess with everyone, including myself even
Post 318 IP   flag post
@kaptainmyke Good to know. But I also barely know you, and vice-versa. And right now, I am currently more stressed than a Meeseeks helping me be better than DAIGO at Street Fighter V.
Post 319 IP   flag post
We all are
Post 320 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Instant_Subtitles
@kaptainmyke Good to know. But I also barely know you, and vice-versa. And right now, I am currently more stressed than a Meeseeks helping me be better than DAIGO at Street Fighter V.

You're playing Street Fighter and not Mortal Kombat or Injustice...that's your first problem...please correct and then get back to us.
Post 321 IP   flag post
@Instant_Subtitles you've been typing for a really long time...I'm getting worried...are you ok?
Post 322 IP   flag post
Collector jrs private msg quote post Address this user
False advertising. His subtitles are not instant.
Post 323 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthLego
@Instant_Subtitles you've been typing for a really long time...I'm getting worried...are you ok?

Yes. Thanks. I got caught up on watching Xavier Woods and Kenny Omega maintain their rivalry with non-Warner Bros. fighting games. That, and I think one of my many selves has died from the heat here.
Post 324 IP   flag post
@jrs

Post 325 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Instant_Subtitles
I think one of my many selves has died from the heat here.

Post 326 IP   flag post
@Mef You didn't ask lol
Post 327 IP   flag post
Now watch him show up and write an 11 paragraph biography about Xavier Woods. lol

#UpUpDownDown
Post 328 IP   flag post
Collector Mef private msg quote post Address this user
@darthlego told you
Post 329 IP   flag post
Collector DocBrown private msg quote post Address this user
lol

Google is your friend.
Post 330 IP   flag post
597876 382 30
Thread locked. No more posts permitted. Return home.