Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Comics Modern AgeGrading Help NeededPop CultureQuestions

ebay buyer accuses me of switching labels!4188

I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user

then he sends me a second message

to which i responded:

So now what, @SteveRicketts and @Jesse_O

?
?
?
Post 1 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
Now he's opened a requested return on the book.

I will never order another CBCS book ever again. Period. This is bullshit.
Post 2 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR DarthLego private msg quote post Address this user
This is what happens when the authenticity of a company's product is called into question and they remain silent for 3 weeks.
Post 3 IP   flag post
Collector vabchgent private msg quote post Address this user
@kaptainmyke That's messed up, sorry to hear that. Looks like word is getting around that the CBCS holders cannot be trusted. Guess people are going to take advantage when they can.
Post 4 IP   flag post
Collector RexMuff private msg quote post Address this user
Sucks a lot man, and what's stopping this ass-clown from doing exactly that and sending you back a different book?
Post 5 IP   flag post
I am beyond pissed. They are going to take my money, and most likely this guy is going to switch books and I'll have a different book and my money stolen from my bank account.
Post 6 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by RexMuff
Sucks a lot man, and what's stopping this ass-clown from doing exactly that and sending you back a different book?

Fortunately, iirc, Myke's RAMs had some good heat seals (unlike 50% of my newer slabs *cough, cough*) so if he did it would show the tears on the spots where the seals pulled off.
Post 7 IP   flag post
Collector VictorCreed private msg quote post Address this user
@kaptainmyke Did he send pics of what he received?
Post 8 IP   flag post
yes
Post 9 IP   flag post
these are his supplied photos with his case:

to which i replied in the case:

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaptainmyke
I'm telling you that is the plastic scored from breaking the plastic molds at cbcs's place who makes the cases. You may contact them to ask them further. I am more worried that you will switch out the books with your return now. I am using your own photo and you can see that the heat seals are intact below the serial number on the label above plastic trim. This shows the label has not been removed and switched out. I politely refuse your suspicious claims at me trying to scam you. I have never scammed anyone on ebay. I also have an invoice proving I ordered 5 copies of Rick and Morty to be graded with CBCS and each of them has grades with matching serial numbers. So unless I decided to switch out 3 9.8s with 2 9.6s, that doesn't make any sense, does it? See attached photos with invoices and you can google kaptainmyke to look at counteless more photos of EACH graded book in "the rick and morty collection" at kaptainmyke.com. see photos

these are the photos i supplied:

Post 10 IP   flag post
Collector ONLINE_209 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaptainmyke
yes
sorry for the troubles someone is causing you
Post 11 IP   flag post
Collector tonnage71 private msg quote post Address this user
Sorry to hear about this. Dishonest people suck. Will keep my fingers crossed that this turns out positively for you.
Post 12 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR Wolverine private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthLego
This is what happens when the authenticity of a company's product is called into question and they remain silent for 3 weeks.

Is that the topic that was brought up a few weeks ago when people were saying that your able to pop the side Open and slide in another book? Has CBCS not addressed this topic yet? Seems unlike them. At least in my expericances they've always pretty quick to at least respond to issues like this.

Sucks to hear your customer is an idiot and is trying to screw you.
Post 13 IP   flag post
The numbers under the 9.8 are different in his and your pics.
Post 14 IP   flag post
His end in 004, yours 002.
Post 15 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR JWKyle private msg quote post Address this user
I'll keep my fingers crossed for you Myke. Hopefully your get your book back as it was shipped out.
Post 16 IP   flag post
my mistake, these are what i sent him, they match... it's 004

Post 17 IP   flag post
Collector moodswing private msg quote post Address this user
I would call ebay.
Post 18 IP   flag post
Collector jrs private msg quote post Address this user
It sounds like this guy is not familiar with cbcs cases and the marks on the side of them.
Post 19 IP   flag post
Ok. But do you have pics which include the area of the book caseing that he shows is scratched? Trying to cover your bases to help you out with evidence.
Post 20 IP   flag post
Whole slab pic maybe?
Post 21 IP   flag post
Moderator Jesse_O private msg quote post Address this user
Direct him to the FAQ's on the forum.
Post 22 IP   flag post
Moderator Jesse_O private msg quote post Address this user
Point out the heat seals are not damaged.
Post 23 IP   flag post

Post 24 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR JWKyle private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrs
It sounds like this guy is not familiar with cbcs cases and the marks on the side of them.
I think this is the case with this buyer. Maybe he got wind of CBCS cases can be tampered with and is being ultra nervous.

With that said CBCS needs to put out the flames so the collecting public is not paranoid of their product.
Post 25 IP   flag post

Post 26 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrs

This, along with the paranoia that #SealGate has caused seeping into the marketplace. Equals uninformed and untrusting buyers.
Post 27 IP   flag post
Collector moodswing private msg quote post Address this user
The response messages are too small can't read any of them ha.

Is it easy to actually switch comics? I thought it was easy to switch the labels or something. I would think you would get your comic back.
Post 28 IP   flag post
Buyer seems like he is trying to do some kind of con.
Post 29 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by moodswing
The response messages are too small can't read any of them ha.

Is it easy to actually switch comics? I thought it was easy to switch the labels or something. I would think you would get your comic back.

All one has to do is swap a label in order to swap a book, the outter shell can be opened and reclosed.
Post 30 IP   flag post
601319 382 30
Thread locked. No more posts permitted. Return home.