Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Comics Modern Age

Indie Demonic/Satan themed comics4153

Moderator Jesse_O private msg quote post Address this user
One of the themes I like collecting are Demon, Demon possession or Satan themed comics. These themes have LONG been used in the horror comic genre. I'm posting some of the moderns that I enjoy, either for art or story. I'd LOVE to see more!!

First up, connecting covers for Holy F*ck issue #1. I admit, I bought these just for the covers!!

Next, all four issues of Roman Ritual from Amigo comics. I can't say enough about this series!! Great art, great storyline!!

Post 1 IP   flag post
I had no way of knowing that 9.8 graded copies signed by Adam Hughes weren't what you were looking for. drchaos private msg quote post Address this user
This over is a rip-off of the AD&D Payer's Handbook from the 1980s

Magik from New Mutants / X-Men

Hadn't seen this one before:

Ghost Rider has some good covers:

Post 2 IP   flag post
I had no way of knowing that 9.8 graded copies signed by Adam Hughes weren't what you were looking for. drchaos private msg quote post Address this user
Mephisto:

Outcast - you should check out the TV show

Withces Tales

Chaos

DDP

Post 3 IP   flag post
Collector X51 private msg quote post Address this user

Post 4 IP   flag post

Post 5 IP   flag post

Post 6 IP   flag post
Humor..

Post 7 IP   flag post
Collector Zombiebigfoot private msg quote post Address this user
FAUST (Northstar Publications - '88-'89)

Post 8 IP   flag post
Seeing some GREAT looking comics listed here!! That Reverand A Black looks intriguing!! Has anyone read it? Is it a good story line? How about Faust? I've heard a LOT about the art, but how's the writing? And that Remnants humor one made my "to get" list!! And I will check out the Outcast tv show.
Post 9 IP   flag post

Post 10 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR DarthLego private msg quote post Address this user
You know a thread is good when it makes your want list grow!
Post 11 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthLego

Yep!! And I'm having a hard time finding ANYTHING on that Remnants comic!! Must be an underground comic. But that cover - LOL!! Can you imagine having to walk Satan's dog??!! I hope the pooper scooper is made of asbestos!! LOL
Post 12 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse_O
Seeing some GREAT looking comics listed here!! That Reverand A Black looks intriguing!! Has anyone read it? Is it a good story line? How about Faust? I've heard a LOT about the art, but how's the writing? And that Remnants humor one made my "to get" list!! And I will check out the Outcast tv show.

I'm sure I read Reverend Ablack when it came out, but it's been so long that I can't remember. I'm pretty sure it was published by CFD which was Joe Monks' company after him and Joe Linsner had a falling out and parted ways.
Post 13 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse_O
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthLego

Yep!! And I'm having a hard time finding ANYTHING on that Remnants comic!! Must be an underground comic. But that cover - LOL!! Can you imagine having to walk Satan's dog??!! I hope the pooper scooper is made of asbestos!! LOL

Remnants was sold through Diamond, but the print runs may be very low. Mile High lists the first issue.
http://www.milehighcomics.com/cgi-bin/backissue.cgi?action=fullsize&issue=69279493232%201

The art isn't that great, but something about the series always made me laugh.
The publisher is listed as "Pine Cone Comics" for the 1st issue and "Dead Tree Products" for issues #3 & #4. Not sure about #2. Evidently only 500 copes of #4 was published.
Post 14 IP   flag post
598003 14 14
This topic is archived. Start new topic?