Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Signatures

Thoughts/Ideas on selling an odd collection4141

Collector OpiePride private msg quote post Address this user
I’d really appreciate some input….I am by necessity selling off some of my books, and have a certain collection, a unusual group that I would like to keep together as one. The problem is I am having a hard time putting a value on it or deciding how to sell it.

It’s a collection of Power Girl and Huntress, that includes every Power Girl titled book, everything with their namesake, Power Girl Vol.1, Power Girl Vol.2 1-27 with every variant, JSA Classified run 1-4, with variants, World’s Finest 0-32 run, the All Star Comics run from 58-74, every key issue for Power Girl (lots of different titles), and tons of front cover appearances, plus 3-4 signed by Amanda Conner copies of the 2009 Power Girl series, and JSA. The Power Girl stuff is a fully packed long box by itself.
The Huntress Vol.1, Vol.2, Vol.3 runs. Robin III (unopened), about 100 books of Huntress related issues/covers

All the books, especially the important books are in great condition, and there are three graded books All Star Comics #58 CBCS 7.5 (1st Power Girl), DC Superstars #17 CGC 9.0 (1st Huntress), and 2009 Power Girl #4b Guillem March Variant CGC 9.6.

I’ve probably left things off, but that’s the bulk of it. I’m trying wrap my mind around selling it as a whole, at least the Power Girl stuff. It took my wife and I long time to put it all together, and it’s the only comic book collecting that she kinda/sorta wanted to be part ofThe entire group would seem more valuable than splitting up, but maybe I fell that way wrongly because of all the work we did to put it together>?

So I liked to hear some options, opinions, suggestions, advice on how to sell it, setting a value, etc?? It’s seems like a lot to list as one for eBay, would there even be much interest, and the shipping/weight would be so great??? So I would really appreciate thoughts, ideas from others,

Thanks in advance
Post 1 IP   flag post
Suck it up, buttercup!! KatKomics private msg quote post Address this user
Could always try breaking it up into smaller lots rather than as one whole. Might find someone who is looking to fill gaps and doesn't mind getting a few doubles
Post 2 IP   flag post
Collector CopperAgeKids private msg quote post Address this user
If you sell it as a lot, expect to leave a lot of money on the table.

You would be much better selling it piece meal.

List the slabs and variants individually.

Mini series individually.

And so on.
Post 3 IP   flag post
Collector comic_book_man private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by CopperAgeKids
If you sell it as a lot, expect to leave a lot of money on the table.

You would be much better selling it piece meal.

List the slabs and variants individually.

Mini series individually.

And so on.

@OpiePride
I agree, you should sell the Key/1st Appearance/Slabbed books separately - either 0.01 Auctions or Buy It Now below the lowest on eBay (If you want to move it faster + /w Best Offer). The rest of the books I would do as themed Lots, which you can still do as 0.01 Auction or Buy It Now /w Best Offer.

Good luck!
Post 4 IP   flag post
Collector det_tobor private msg quote post Address this user
face it, @OpiePride, you have some work ahead of you.
* Get some ledger pages
* list each book you have
separate line for each variant
* check ebay & the auction houses for what each book sold for
and when.....also, a price guide
slab on separate lines from non slab

book values come from
how much a book is wanted
condition
RARENESS
don't expect miracles. GOOD LUCK!
Post 5 IP   flag post
Collector VaComicsGuy private msg quote post Address this user
I agree with above. It's probably going to be tough to sell as an entire collection.
Post 6 IP   flag post
Collector doog private msg quote post Address this user
You are doing it for money, maximum money=individual sales.
Post 7 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR JWKyle private msg quote post Address this user
You can sale it as bulk but you'll get penny's on the dollar for the keys. Someone will act like they're doing you a favor taking it all and how they will have to set on it for awhile. Try mycomicshop.com send it to them break it down to ten book lots and have then auction them off for you.
Post 8 IP   flag post
Collector Redshade private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by JWKyle
You can sale it as bulk but you'll get penny's on the dollar for the keys. Someone will act like they're doing you a favor taking it all and how they will have to set on it for awhile. Try mycomicshop.com send it to them break it down to ten book lots and have then auction them off for you.

Let's be honest, pennies is all he can expect whatever the selling medium.
Post 9 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR DarthLego private msg quote post Address this user
@OpiePride I would list the 1st appearances by themselves, I would then break the full runs down into smaller more manageable lots that would fit into a reasonable size box for shipping without being too heavy and then list each small lot.

P.S. If you have anything signed by Ashley Scott please PM me.
Post 10 IP   flag post
Collector det_tobor private msg quote post Address this user
Another option: contact the major auction houses
Heritage, Hake's, etc.
Give each a list of what you have and ask for a general appraisal.
If you go with them, you may get more money but you will have to wait months for it unless you sell to them directly.

GOOD LUCK
Post 11 IP   flag post
Collector OpiePride private msg quote post Address this user
Thanks everyone. Lots of good input idea, lots of good suggestions, lots of what I figured as well, and lots of work ahead.

It's not a valuable collection, and though I'd like to see it stay together if I'm going to make anything on it... I better separate. I may end up keeping this and selling more of the sought after books, just for sentimental reasons???

I really appreciate all the comments, and being able to bounce ideas off of you guys is awesome.
Post 12 IP   flag post
Collector VaComicsGuy private msg quote post Address this user
You might want to list books you are selling in a new thread on the forum. You'd probably get some sold and you wouldn't have to pay commissions like you will with Ebay or auction houses.
Post 13 IP   flag post
Collector* Towmater private msg quote post Address this user
Depending you what you have don't forget to contact Comic Link. Good bunch of people.
Post 14 IP   flag post
600893 14 14
This topic is archived. Start new topic?