Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Comics Modern AgeMovies TelevisionPop Culture

The Joker Origin Movie4139

Collector Themaxx35 private msg quote post Address this user
So, I would be down with this a bit more if DC was starting an Elseworlds brand for their movies/tv shows.

Like a Netflix series would be great. Give me a four episode arc of Speeding Bullets (Kal-El lands in Gotham), In Darkest Knight (Bruce gets the GL ring), or Red Son (Kal-El in USSR). Warner Bros could have all my money if they did that stuff right. I would give them my wife's money too.

But if they are releasing movies using the same characters without having some clear distinction as to how this Joker is not related to the Leto Joker we're going to see in GCS or other DCEU movies, then its just going to be confusing for the causal moviegoer, who you will need to make a profit.
Post 26 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR shrewbeer private msg quote post Address this user
This movie has some great potential. I mean, when do we ever get a movie that straight up super villain?

They can tell his story as an innocent, get you attached, and then make you watch him turn. There will be no happy ending; but this could be an awesome movie!
Post 27 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR DarthLego private msg quote post Address this user
What I'm super confused about, is how the hell is The Batman now not part of the DCEU? That makes no effing sense. They need to fire that director and put Affleck back in charge.
Post 28 IP   flag post
Collector Themaxx35 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthLego
What I'm super confused about, is how the hell is The Batman now not part of the DCEU? That makes no effing sense. They need to fire that director and put Affleck back in charge.

its been clarified - it is DCEU. The story is just stand alone. It doesn't build on other characters or lead to Justice League 2. Things like that. But its rooted in the same universe. The director just used really sloppy language.

But I do agree, that I would rather see Afleck and Johns running this. After all the time they spent on the script I can't believe WB just trashed it.
Post 29 IP   flag post
Collector det_tobor private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by shrewbeer
This movie has some great potential. I mean, when do we ever get a movie that straight up super villain ?

Suicide Squad maybe??
Post 30 IP   flag post

Collector ZosoRocks private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Towmater
They should do it like St. Elsewhere. Go through the entire movie and then as it is fading to black have it shift to the Joker sitting in Arkham Asylum staring at a picture on the wall. In the back have 2 doctors chatting with one another about a newpaper article/TV News story with similar events we just witnessed in the movie being reported on. That way the audience is shown that the fiction they have watched for last 2 hours is actually fiction within fiction happening within the Joker's mind. That way we still leave the theater not knowing who he is and where he came from and it doesn't change the DC Universe.

That is actually pretty good Towmater.

*smiles*
Did you think of that, all by yourself?

:o)

LOL
Post 31 IP   flag post
601280 31 6
This topic is archived. Start new topic?