Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Comics Modern Age

After two-years it's mine!4137

COLLECTOR dielinfinite private msg quote post Address this user
So putting aside the uncertainty of my job for a bit, I'm gonna take a moment to celebrate the acquisition of this book (purchased before the job news) that I'd been searching for for the better part of 2 years. I believe it's of a print run of 500. I've seen maybe 4 copies for sale since I started looking but the asking price was way too high. A copy went up for auction and I won finally got it for a very reasonable price!

Post 1 IP   flag post
Collector Hexigore private msg quote post Address this user
Congratulations!! Happy for you!
Post 2 IP   flag post
Collector Thanatos private msg quote post Address this user
Pictures?!

500 limited print run.

My guess is a Superman Batman #4 German Variant with the awesome Michael Turner cover art.

amiright?
Post 3 IP   flag post
@Thanatos lol, hit refresh
Post 4 IP   flag post
Collector Thanatos private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by dielinfinite
@Thanatos lol, hit refresh

I was so wrong hahahahha, that looks like a Turner cover though so I get some points!

AWESOME comic Congrats
Post 5 IP   flag post
@Thanatos Thank you!

It is a Turner cover! Most of my Turner books are from his Top Cow days and early Aspen. Aside from some recent DC variants, I don't think I have any of his DC or Marvel covers
Post 6 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR Wolverine private msg quote post Address this user
Congrats good sir
Post 7 IP   flag post
Collector neyko private msg quote post Address this user
Ok, what is the deal with Aspen and others using Turner's artwork? Is it the estate? How does it work? I have no qualms, I am curious.

Trust me, you don't want qualms.
Post 8 IP   flag post
@neyko Aspen is Michael Turner's company that he and his friends founded after they left Top Cow. Aspen's full name, Aspen MLT, contains his initials, Michael Layne Turner. And yes, they're basically stewards of whatever work he left behind.

If by others you mean like DC and Marvel, those books are exclusives released in conjunction with Aspen
Post 9 IP   flag post
Collector Savage_Spawn private msg quote post Address this user
Thumb up!!!!
Post 10 IP   flag post
Collector det_tobor private msg quote post Address this user
nice persistence.
Post 11 IP   flag post
@det_tobor ebay alerts were a godsend when they were introduced! lol
Post 12 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR JWKyle private msg quote post Address this user
@dielinfinite Congratulations on marking a book off the actively hunting list.
Post 13 IP   flag post
@Thanatos @Wolverine @Savage_Spawn @JWKyle Thank you!!
Post 14 IP   flag post
Collector OrbitCityComics private msg quote post Address this user
Very nice.

I just picked this one up on eBay in 9.6 CGC green label.

Going to send it to CBCS and try for a 9.8 red label.

Post 15 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR DarthLego private msg quote post Address this user
Very nice!
Post 16 IP   flag post
I had no way of knowing that 9.8 graded copies signed by Adam Hughes weren't what you were looking for. drchaos private msg quote post Address this user

Post 17 IP   flag post
Collector neyko private msg quote post Address this user
Interesting about Aspen. I had someone rip me a new one about ripping off the dead in a comic Facebook group when I shared the news about the limited number of Metal Aspen covers.

I didn't expect a SJW attack over the info so I just deleted it.
Post 18 IP   flag post
I had no way of knowing that 9.8 graded copies signed by Adam Hughes weren't what you were looking for. drchaos private msg quote post Address this user
@neyko Muchael Turner is the hardest working man in comics. The dude doesn't even call in dead. He just keeps churning out variant covers.
Post 19 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR DarthLego private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by neyko
Interesting about Aspen. I had someone rip me a new one about ripping off the dead in a comic Facebook group when I shared the news about the limited number of Metal Aspen covers.

LOL, it cracks me up when folks get bent out up shape and they don't even know what they are talking about. All the profits go to Aspen, which is still partially owned by Turner's family. Not many Artists can continue to support their family post mortem. It's actually quite amazing that he had such a volume of unused art and still carries a devoted fan base to make these things possible.
Post 20 IP   flag post
Collector Atakmunky7 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by neyko

I always expect a SJW attack after I post anything, anywhere. Sadly, it's the world we live in now. Somebody's gotta get butthurt about something all the time.
Post 21 IP   flag post
600646 21 21
This topic is archived. Start new topic?