Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Signature ASPComics Silver AgeQuestionsSignatures

Perception of CBCS Graded Comics..4126

Collector Themaxx35 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by shrewbeer
Yeah pretty much. The discussion keeps getting ugly. The short of it is the slab can be opened with out detection while CBCS calls it tamper evident, AND CBCS says the inner well is secure with the heat seals extending into the label so that cannot be swapped, but it turns out at least a quarter of the books being produced don't have that seal (QC probs I would imagine). Waiting to hear something from CBCS on the whole thing...

Hmmm, so it seems that CGC lost a lot of cred when they refused to acknowledge the creep engine issue. I would hope CBCS just comes out and addresses this upfront to avoid that loss of cred.
Post 51 IP   flag post
Collector TommyJasmin private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrWatson
I have sold CBCS books for the same price as and for more than their counterparts from the cgc. I do not sell them for less. Unfortunately, there isn't a service that tracks CBCS sales unless it's GoCollect.

Hey @DrWatson! Minor FYI, Nostomania does track them all - CGC, CBCS, even PGX and uncertified sales. If you guys want a sample book check, let me know, or just check yourself. I'll admit, I was kinda disappointed when I first noticed the CBCS sales clocking in lower than CGC, typically but not always, for the same book, same grade. I first reported this trend in a market report in late 2015.

The topic has been discussed here in past posts, and many plausible explanations have been brought up. The sales data tells the real story though. There has been a gap, but I'm seeing this gap begin to close. The startup of CBCS has been an extremely valuable and healthy addition to our hobby, only good things will come of it.
Post 52 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by comic_book_man
@kaptainmyke congrats!!! Take that 10% below statistics! Haha

Just like you can't point to one storm and say it's evidence of global warming or cooling, you can't point to one sale and call it a statistical trend. But yeah, congrats on a nice sale.
Post 53 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
Thanks, I guess
Post 54 IP   flag post
Collector* Towmater private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by TommyJasmin
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrWatson
I have sold CBCS books for the same price as and for more than their counterparts from the cgc. I do not sell them for less. Unfortunately, there isn't a service that tracks CBCS sales unless it's GoCollect.

Hey @DrWatson! Minor FYI, Nostomania does track them all - CGC, CBCS, even PGX and uncertified sales. If you guys want a sample book check, let me know, or just check yourself. I'll admit, I was kinda disappointed when I first noticed the CBCS sales clocking in lower than CGC, typically but not always, for the same book, same grade. I first reported this trend in a market report in late 2015.

The topic has been discussed here in past posts, and many plausible explanations have been brought up. The sales data tells the real story though. There has been a gap, but I'm seeing this gap begin to close. The startup of CBCS has been an extremely valuable and healthy addition to our hobby, only good things will come of it.

Generally, what does your data show the gap to be at percentage wise? Also, what trend annually has that gap closed on the data you have?
Post 55 IP   flag post

Collector poka private msg quote post Address this user
Tsssh - can we please keep quiet. I prefer to buy my cbcs slabs at current price levels.
Post 56 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Towmater

Generally, what does your data show the gap to be at percentage wise? Also, what trend annually has that gap closed on the data you have?

@Towmater Sorry for slow response Towmater, been out of town and offline. I don't have these numbers handy but that is a great question, and something I should maybe add to the site. It wouldn't take much effort to write the database queries to do this. I just added a ticket to our issue tracking system to discuss, and if it makes sense, implement this. Thanks for a great idea. My main concern is we've only been supporting CBCS for about a year, so while we've got over a quarter million CGC sales in the database, at the moment we only have about 4 thousand CBCS. Of course any Nosto member can sift through the sales manually but I get it, you want the summary stats.
Post 57 IP   flag post
He sounds like a vegan who wants real mayonnaise to be vegan friendly. Instant_Subtitles private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by poka
Tsssh - can we please keep quiet. I prefer to buy my cbcs slabs at current price levels.

Post 58 IP   flag post
I'm a #2. BigRedOne1944 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Themaxx35
Quote:
Originally Posted by shrewbeer
Yeah pretty much. The discussion keeps getting ugly. The short of it is the slab can be opened with out detection while CBCS calls it tamper evident, AND CBCS says the inner well is secure with the heat seals extending into the label so that cannot be swapped, but it turns out at least a quarter of the books being produced don't have that seal (QC probs I would imagine). Waiting to hear something from CBCS on the whole thing...

Hmmm, so it seems that CGC lost a lot of cred when they refused to acknowledge the creep engine issue. I would hope CBCS just comes out and addresses this upfront to avoid that loss of cred.

I personally have refrained from Submitting or buying any CBCS books until they address the Security issue with something more than the cheesy "heat seals on the Label" joke
Post 59 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user

Post 60 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR shrewbeer private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRedOne1944
I personally have refrained from Submitting or buying any CBCS books until they address the Security issue with something more than the cheesy "heat seals on the Label" joke

I totally get the outer shell issue, it's been clearly proven that it is not "tamper evident", and it would be great to hear something from them in regards to it. Combine that with the common cracking on the sides, where I have seen auction houses refer to this as a "cracked case", and it might just be time for an outer shell re-design. It's time for Gen2, and hopefully they add UV protection this time 😁

CBCS clearly had an "open mouth insert foot" moment when it was discovered QC was not enforcing the heat seals very well. However, everything we've seen come through lately has been done correctly. The inner well is completely secure, a label swap is not possible there any more. I would ask, how is that security measure "cheezy" and a "joke"?
Post 61 IP   flag post
I had no way of knowing that 9.8 graded copies signed by Adam Hughes weren't what you were looking for. drchaos private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaptainmyke

Seal Team Ricks has experienced heavy casualties

Post 62 IP   flag post

Post 63 IP   flag post
601303 63 13
This topic is archived. Start new topic?