CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Questions

CBCS Census and/or Registry Update? Round 24122

COLLECTOR shrewbeer private msg quote post Address this user
Is this new? I dont seem to remember seeing it before

Post 26 IP   flag post
Collector Scorpion private msg quote post Address this user
that been up there for a while now, like the cbcs Census and registry .
lol
Post 27 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
@shrewbeer - That’s been there far too long. I feel like “soon” means “one of these YEARS.”
Post 28 IP   flag post
I'm good with splotches. Nuffsaid111 private msg quote post Address this user
If given the option of #1 priority being a registry or turnaround time - sorry but I choose TAT hands down
Post 29 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR conditionfreak private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuffsaid111
If given the option of #1 priority being a registry or turnaround time - sorry but I choose TAT hands down
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuffsaid111

+1
Post 30 IP   flag post

Collector JustABitEvil private msg quote post Address this user
What about an 'unofficial' census?
Post 31 IP   flag post
Collector rdowdy95 private msg quote post Address this user
It's 2019 where is the Census?
Post 32 IP   flag post
Collector RyanHicks private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdowdy95
It's 2019 where is the Census?

It's 2018; but your point is still valid
Post 33 IP   flag post
Collector Lewdog private msg quote post Address this user
Glad I found this thread...I've spent 30 minutes trying to find a census on CBCS. That's a huge determining factor on a books perceived value.
Post 34 IP   flag post
I had no way of knowing that 9.8 graded copies signed by Adam Hughes weren't what you were looking for. drchaos private msg quote post Address this user
In the 1950s we were promised flying cars. Where the hell are ther flying cars? 21st century over-rated.
Post 35 IP   flag post
Collector antoniofett private msg quote post Address this user
Hopefully we will get a census before my unborn child can vote.
Post 36 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR conditionfreak private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by antoniofett
Hopefully we will get a census before my unborn child can vote.

Are you working on it? Take your time. (that's what she said)
Post 37 IP   flag post
Collector RyanHicks private msg quote post Address this user
Are we any closer?
Post 38 IP   flag post
Collector Scorpion private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by drchaos
In the 1950s we were promised flying cars. Where the hell are ther flying cars? 21st century over-rated.

Flying cars have been here, am sure that more complicated than building the Census? #SOOON , but what do i know.
Post 39 IP   flag post
Collector CopperAgeKids private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanHicks
Yea, i know its wishful thinking but the purpose of this thread is my attempt to keep it top of mind; for both CBCS and the forum/customer base (been pinging it every month for over a year and was pressing CBCS about it even a year before that lol). CBCS is only going to prioritize it if customers demand it. In my opinion, this should be the absolute highest priority (second only to speeding up TAT's which they have already started improving). The census and registry are really the only major feature keeping CBCS trailing behind CGC (regardless of what people think of the quality of each company; i'm purely referring to the options offered). In my opinion, the lack of census and registry is a primary force behind keeping really high-end collectors, competitive collectors, and dealers from using CBCS over the competition.

[b]
I could not agree with this more.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanHicks
I am a web developer and while I will not trivialize the amount of work required to build either of these things (census or registry), it is definitely not something that would take a solid developer working on only that project more than a couple months. For the census, most of the work is actually obtaining and storing the data which i would imagine they are doing as they grade books; building the actual interface to access and display the data would not be a ton of effort depending on what types of features they are trying to roll out with. The registry would be a bit more challenging due to all of the rules and validation that would be required to build out as well as an internal workflow to maintain it and ensure its integrity as people submit books as well as make changes as they sell books.

I know their IT team really only consists of 1 or 2 developers so i suspect that the main reason for the 2+ year delay is just that it is just not priority; which is the primary reason of the monthly pings of this post, trying to just keep a reminder that it is something that we as customers want and need.

Same as above.

Never mind the fact that I am unable to do something as simple as quoting 2 posts without a syntax error.😩

To avoid further butchered misquotes on my part, I will just add an emphatic "Amen, Brother!", in response to MarcJ's post (post #17) in this thread.

Post 40 IP   flag post
597875 40 15
This topic is archived. Start new topic?