Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Art Sketch CoversMemorabiliaPop CultureQuestions

Letting go....4117

Collector neyko private msg quote post Address this user
Is this a common topic? Letting go of comics? Going through mine, I realized I have a first appearance of Black Cat. I don't have an emotional attachment to it, but when I see what it is going for I get dumb and a book that meant nothing to me suddenly does till it falls back to nothing three years from now.

Know what I'm saying?
Post 1 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
SELL IT
Post 2 IP   flag post
Collector neyko private msg quote post Address this user
Pressed and graded first? :-) I got a lot of 80's books in demand right now.
Post 3 IP   flag post
Suck it up, buttercup!! KatKomics private msg quote post Address this user
Know exactly what you are saying - only just realized Batman 608 could have value (have both covers - bought the 2nd print by accident!!).
Should get it signed/graded at the Toronto FanExpo by Jim Lee and sell it off to buy something I actually want/care about....but too lazy to find and setup a witness to submit.
Post 4 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR DarthLego private msg quote post Address this user
Sell your 608s to me so you don't destroy them with marker.
Post 5 IP   flag post
Ima gonna steal this and look for some occasion to use it! IronMan private msg quote post Address this user
Why is the 2nd print of 608 worth 3x what 1st print is. Both have Jim Lee covers.
Post 6 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR DarthLego private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by IronMan
Why is the 2nd print of 608 worth 3x what 1st print is. Both have Jim Lee covers.

It is a completely different cover art, which most fans consider to be a better cover than the first print, plus there were less printed, plus there is a Jim Lee Supes cover which matches this cover, plus this cover has become an iconic well known image of Batman. All of these factors combined have created the price difference between the two covers.
Post 7 IP   flag post
Suck it up, buttercup!! KatKomics private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthLego
Sell your 608s to me so you don't destroy them with marker.

If I destroy it with marker I can probably get close to $300 for this thing! and $150 for the 1st print.
Might have to go with 'the other guys' on this one. There is a shop about an hour, hour and a half away that does all the local conventions and has witnesses - can just leave my books with them and pick up in 4 months.
Post 8 IP   flag post
Collector Watcher private msg quote post Address this user
lol...feel you on the black cat cover...it meant nothing to me so when a guy came by about a year and half ago to look over my books (because no one ever had at that point) I offered him 2 books for his time from my "no value" box of higher grade miscellaneous (8.0 - 9.2). he picked the black cat and the rocket raccoon ...I was like "phew"...take em...I hate those books. Now I'm like.."that slick bastahd"...my own fault for not keeping on top of things
Post 9 IP   flag post
601338 9 9
This topic is archived. Start new topic?