Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

This newstand thing might be out of control4099

COLLECTOR conditionfreak private msg quote post Address this user
Rare newsstand signed and sketched copy of Amazing Spider-Man #36 for

$600,000.00

http://www.ebay.com/itm/AMAZING-SPIDER-MAN-36-CGC-9-8-SS-9-11-HANNA-STAN-LEE-ROMITA-SR-JR-RARE-WTC-V2/263123267225?_trkparms=aid%3D888007%26algo%3DDISC.MBE%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D41376%26meid%3D17dadd73fe774b3581c6d4e5bdce2b9c%26pid%3D100009%26rk%3D1%26rkt%3D1%26sd%3D202012477011&_trksid=p2047675.c100009.m1982

I guess I could make an offer.
Post 1 IP   flag post
Collector Logan510 private msg quote post Address this user
He's asking 600k but wants $15 for shipping lol

If I were wanting 600k for a book I think I just might throw in free shipping
Post 2 IP   flag post
You should see the prices on some of his Marvel Milestone reprints. Just wow. Hope springs eternal. $120,000.00
Post 3 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR shrewbeer private msg quote post Address this user
@conditionfreak thats the guy that (heresay) lists his collection "for sale" to appease the wife 😁
Post 4 IP   flag post
LOL Now it makes some sense. Ha Ha
Post 5 IP   flag post
Collector neyko private msg quote post Address this user
Shit! I clicked buy it now.
Post 6 IP   flag post
You think I'm joking, I'm not. earthshaker01 private msg quote post Address this user
Just buy golden and silver age and you'll have less headaches. This modern stuff just gets dumb after awhile. 600k for a comic I might read on the crapper
Post 7 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR DarthLego private msg quote post Address this user
Yeah, I think that is the guy who just uses eBay to show off what he's got with no intention of selling, hence the outrageous prices.
Post 8 IP   flag post
Just read in the description "This is a key book with great investment opportunity." LOL Investment opportunities are supposed to be had at market bottom prices, not market top over inflation pie in the sky prices. There's no place for the value to go but down.
Post 9 IP   flag post
I think it is a joke
Post 10 IP   flag post
You think I'm joking, I'm not. earthshaker01 private msg quote post Address this user
Well I looked at his past sales and someone bought a modern Rocket Racoon #1 for 17k so some people will bite on that stuff. I would be ebarrasef to shoe that book off and tell people what I paid gor it. Sad part is that guy will own that Rocket Racoon gor as long as he is alive. No one else will pay him that much or more.
Post 11 IP   flag post
Collector Krazywan private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by neyko
pony up that cheddar bro
Post 12 IP   flag post
The title of this thread gives Newsstand books a bad name. This book is priced crazy for the sigs and sketches on top of the rarity of the book itself.
Post 13 IP   flag post
Collector D84 private msg quote post Address this user
This guy is also asking for half a million dollars for a RESTORED (moderate professional) Amazing Fantasy 15 in 8.5! That would be more the price for a Detective Comics 27 in that condition.

This guys is just advertising what he has. I don't think he really wants to sell any of it.
Post 14 IP   flag post
First line of the description:

"“THIS IS THE VERY RARE UPC CODE NEWS STAND 9/11 TRIBUTE EDITION OF THE AMAZING SPIDER-MAN V2 #36 BOOK AND ALMOST IMPOSSIBLE TO FIND IN THE 9.8 MINT CONDITION"
Post 15 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by conditionfreak

"“THIS IS THE VERY RARE UPC CODE NEWS STAND 9/11 TRIBUTE EDITION OF THE AMAZING SPIDER-MAN V2 #36 BOOK AND ALMOST IMPOSSIBLE TO FIND IN THE 9.8 MINT CONDITION"

You're absolutely right, that's what this guys advertised. But does this one lunatic asking over half million dollars on a book, constitute the entire market of Newsstand collectors being out of control?
Post 16 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthLego
Quote:
Originally Posted by conditionfreak

You're absolutely right, that's what this guys advertised. But does this one lunatic asking over half million dollars on a book, constitute the entire market of Newsstand collectors being out of control?

No, of course not.

Good thing I never said ALL newsstand seekers or collectors are out of control. I said "might be" in my title, and it worked very well. Because it grabbed your attention.

That was my goal. To manipulate you to visit my thread.

I really don't care what someone wants to collect. But I do enjoy making fun of those who collect boogers or potato chips that look like past presidents. And I especially enjoy pointing out silly stuff on the net. Like trying to sell a comic book printed in this century, for over a half million dollars. And using the fact that it is the rare newsstand edition as your #1 tag line.
Post 17 IP   flag post
So this thread title was clickbait...I hate clickbait thread titles, and I've noticed them popping up more and more lately.
Post 18 IP   flag post
That's your best retort? C'mon man. Surely you know I was being sarcastic about that manipulation thing.

You're sharper than that.
Post 19 IP   flag post
Collector Logan510 private msg quote post Address this user
For what it's worth I'm glad you started this thread. eBay listings like that are always good for a laugh.
Post 20 IP   flag post
I already started a thread for that. Have ya'll forgotten about The Zero Key Got Stuck?
Post 21 IP   flag post
I'll probably wake up constipated. Pre_Coder private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthLego
I already started a thread for that. Have ya'll forgotten about The Zero Key Got Stuck?

I remember that thread.
Post 22 IP   flag post
Collector TommyJasmin private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:

@neyko That made my day, good stuff. Careful or he'll block you as a bidder.
Post 23 IP   flag post
Can I get an explanation of what's the newsstand UPC deal? Thank you.
Post 24 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR shrewbeer private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Can I get an explanation of what's the newsstand UPC deal? Thank you.

Some people feel this way about it 😁

Not me 😎 I am an avid newsstand collector. Regardless of the print runs, you could chase a newsstand copy of a very common book in 9.8 and come up empty for years. Its a fun chase 🍺
Post 25 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
+1 I collect newsstands and prefer them for my witnessed signed books
Post 26 IP   flag post
I'm good with splotches. Nuffsaid111 private msg quote post Address this user
@earthshaker01 I might not only read it on the crapper; but may also use it if I run out of toilet paper. 600K would be a seriously expensive wipe
Post 27 IP   flag post
Collector BrianGreensnips private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuffsaid111
@earthshaker01 I might not only read it on the crapper; but may also use it if I run out of toilet paper. 600K would be a seriously expensive wipe
What would you do with the case?
Post 28 IP   flag post
Collector CopperAgeKids private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by earthshaker01
Well I looked at his past sales and someone bought a modern Rocket Racoon #1 for 17k so some people will bite on that stuff. I would be ebarrasef to shoe that book off and tell people what I paid gor it. Sad part is that guy will own that Rocket Racoon gor as long as he is alive. No one else will pay him that much or more.

He had it up for around $17,000 BIN or best offer.I just checked GPA, the buyer paid $630 for the book, which is by far a GPA high for the book signed by the 3 with an original art sketch cover.

The artist is not a big name, either.

My guess is that book would fetch around $300, in a no reserve $1 opener auction.

So that sort of sales approach can work sometimes i.e. price obscenely high and offer a best offer.

If you knock $1600 off of a $17,000 book and a buyer thinks he is getting a deal.

Definitely not the sort of approach that any dealer who actually wants to sell a respectable amount of books would use, though.
Post 29 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR JLS_Comics private msg quote post Address this user
Hmmm ... let me check my eBay bucks
Post 30 IP   flag post
600638 30 30
This topic is archived. Start new topic?