CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Comics Bronze AgeComics Golden AgeComics Modern AgeComics Silver AgeQuestions

Sales Format/Etiquette409

Collector Maverick private msg quote post Address this user
Board Only Transactions
1 - Books must be CBCS or raw only

2 - No spamming. Group your items into one sales thread

3 - It must be an exclusive board-only offer. If the book is offered for sale through another venue then it should NOT be offered here until an outside sales sub forum is created.

4 - Pictures, Estimated grades and any hidden defects must be listed

5 - List estimated shipping costs, times, and methods.

6 - List acceptable forms of payment (NOTE: Personal/Gift PayPal payment is NOT allowed.)

7 - A return policy must be stated with any time limits indicated.

8 - All trade threads must contain estimated values and what books you are looking to trade for.

9 - No raffles/mystery boxes/ Digital code sales

10 - Probationary period for new members. Members with less than 30 days should refrain from posting sales threads. Please take this time to participate with the community.

By using this site for sales/trades BUYERS AND SELLERS AGREE TO FULL RESPONSIBILITY FOR THEIR TRANSACTIONS. CBCS will not resolve disputes. Purchases and sales are done at your own risk.

Slightly revised from the cgc rules but pretty much to what id like to see
Post 26 IP   flag post
Collector IntoAnother private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverick
Board Only Transactions

3 - It must be an exclusive board-only offer. If the book is offered for sale through another venue then it should NOT be offered here until an outside sales sub forum is created.

6 - List acceptable forms of payment (NOTE: Personal/Gift PayPal payment is NOT allowed.)

8 - All trade threads must contain estimated values and what books you are looking to trade for.

10 - Probationary period for new members. Members with less than 30 days should refrain from posting sales threads. Please take this time to participate with the community.

By using this site for sales/trades BUYERS AND SELLERS AGREE TO FULL RESPONSIBILITY FOR THEIR TRANSACTIONS. CBCS will not resolve disputes. Purchases and sales are done at your own risk.

👍
Post 27 IP   flag post
Collector matterus023 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrWatson
Quote:
Originally Posted by matterus023
Quote:
Originally Posted by IntoAnother
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stelbert_Stylton
Quote:
A rule should be in place that if you are selling a book here then it should be exclusive to only here. That will rule out an inevitable headache of a book being sold on both sites when the seller doesn't have the time to close one of the sales.

It you have books being sold elsewhere then a sales announcement thread would be more appropriate, it would increase awareness of the sale without the risk of running into issues.

This is why CBCS needs to set the ground rules.

I am not sure they are going to get involved at this stage. Yet since sales are underway it may be for the best if we create guidelines together as a community in the meantime.

I can't see why they wouldn't. Not saying there isn't a great reason but I can't think of one

This isn't specifically directed at you, but there are a handful or reasons that they can't be directly involved at the moment. Just because those reasons aren't public doesn't mean they aren't valid. I don't specifically know what those reasons may be, but I've heard and read enough bits and pieces over the last couple of years to form an idea. It may or may not be correct.

A self-started sales thread or set of selling rules (non-CBCS sanctioned)leaves wiggle room or bendability.

Agreed I just like to know all haha
Post 28 IP   flag post
Collector matterus023 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverick
Board Only Transactions

Thanks for taking your time to do this Maverick. Looks good
Post 29 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR conditionfreak private msg quote post Address this user
If and when sale thread rules are established and promulgated. I would also suggest a feature that would help enhance and facilitate their workings.

A feature with the private message system, that would indicate if the person you sent the private message too, opened the message (and thusly could be assumed to have read the private message).

It would save a lot of "but I didn't get, or read the message" problems. Like if someone went into the hospital suddenly.

Just a suggestion. As far as I can ascertain, that info doesn't exist at the moment.
Post 30 IP   flag post

Collector Stelbert_Stylton private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
@conditionfreak Yes, it's Stu.

Hell yeah it is, where ya been?
Post 31 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by conditionfreak
Quote:
I have one of the few sales threads going on this site. It is working well. No problems (yet).

I know this world is all about legal stuff, and about covering ones butt, and also about some people finding ways to get over on others.

But seriously folks. It is pretty simple.

Just post want you have for sale, with a fixed price. State how you want to be paid. Don't put books on here for sale, if you have them for sale on other venues.

Why not? There's no rule against it.

Quote:
Designate the shipping charges to be included in the total price, including mandatory insurance for books over twenty bucks.

Mandatory insurance for $20? That is utterly ridiculous.

Quote:
Offer refunds if the buyer is unsatisfied, unless the book is professionally graded and slabbed, and is not damaged in shipping.

Honest sellers have return policies for ANY book they sell.

Quote:
Package your books well, and insure them.

Unless it's a $20 book where insurance would be a waste of money. Plus, don't you get some free insurance with the tracking number?

Quote:
Pretty simple. Be a decent and honest human, and I am sure most here are that.

Time for my rant:

This site should be all about collector to collector sales, purchases, and trades. It should not be about "professional" sellers. At least, not in my opinion. If you have a store or an online web site where you sell comic books. Do your business there. CBCS is not your partner and will not be sharing in your revenue stream. But that is just my opinion. Yours may vary.

But it's the professional sellers that keep CBCS in business.

Quote:
So much to disagree with here.

But I will start with a question. I have interacted with someone just like you in the past. Are you Stu? Because you are one contrary person. You have been confrontational with others here, including the people running the site itself.

I'm just a mirror, reflecting stupidity back at the source.

Quote:
I will simply say this about your comments.

The thread is entitled in part, "sales etiquette". It is not about rules.

Exactly, and if CBCS doesn't put down any official rules, then no one has to follow any rules or etiquette they don't want to.

Quote:
Even "honest sellers" usually do not have returns on professionally graded comic books. I don't know where you get your books, but go to a LCS or to Ebay, buy a book that is professionally graded, and then try to return it.

You obviously don't know how Ebay works, because I can return any book any time for any reason.

Quote:
And good luck with that. I know for a fact that you are wrong because I am an honest seller and I would not accept the return of a professionally graded and encapsulated comic book, unless I did something wrong in my shipping/packaging, or in my description (such as posting scans of a different book than I sent to you).

Then you are lacking in areas that other sellers are not. Do I need to point out dealers that accept returns for any reason?

Quote:
You obviously do not have much experience mailing comic books. You also do not pay attention to details. I said "over twenty dollars".

$20.01 is over $20.

Quote:
Insurance for items sent priority mail do have fifty dollars automatically, and does not cost any more funds. But books sent by media mail or some other way do not, and should be insured separately unless you just want to take the chance that the buyer will say they never received it or the package was just full of old newspapers. Insurance is cheap and the buyer usually pays it anyway.

See now you're qualifying it. Mandatory insurance for a $20 item is BS. Plus, you can put tracking on Media Mail packages, right?

Quote:
Where do you get your information that professional sellers are what keeps CBCS in business? I would like to read that. I have tons of professionally graded books, and about five of them came from professional sellers. The vast majority came from other collectors. Or from me submitting them myself.

You are so contrary, it makes me smile. But hey. I do want to get along with you (and everyone else). So we can just agree to disagree.

Must be the new Conditionfreak then. I'll give you a shot, see if you devolve into your old self.

But one question: are you Lucky Baru on the CGC board?
Post 32 IP   flag post
Moderator The_Watcher private msg quote post Address this user
Enough with the shit-stirring, Stu. It's Memorial Day weekend. Get away from the forum and spend time with your family, otherwise I'll give you a vacstion. Understand?
Post 33 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Watcher
Enough with the shit-stirring, Stu.

You say shit-stirring, I say investigative journalism. Either way, it wouldn't be occurring if CBCS would just set the rules.

Quote:
It's Memorial Day weekend. Get away from the forum and spend time with your family,

Right now I'm playing Words With Friends with my brother while at the same time I'm playing Plants vs Zombies 2 with my 7 year old! Big Wave Beach 24 is a bitch.

Quote:
otherwise I'll give you a vacstion. Understand?

More rules I wish were set in stone. What's the penalty for the first offense, a week like CGC?
Post 34 IP   flag post
CBCS Pressing SteveRicketts private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Quote:

You say shit-stirring, I say investigative journalism. Either way, it wouldn't be occurring if CBCS would just set the rules.

Quote:
It's Memorial Day weekend. Get away from the forum and spend time with your family,

Right now I'm playing Words With Friends with my brother while at the same time I'm playing Plants vs Zombies 2 with my 7 year old! Big Wave Beach 24 is a bitch.

Quote:

More rules I wish were set in stone. What's the penalty for the first offense, a week like CGC?

Stu, if you want to argue with a moderator, please PM him.
The line is here.
Please let it end here.
Thanks
Post 35 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveRicketts
Quote:
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Stu, if you want to argue with a moderator, please PM him.
The line is here.
Please let it end here.
Thanks

You can argue with the Mods here? That's a cool feature the CGC board doesn't have, lol. Who else besides The Watcher is a Mod here? Does it have to say "moderator" under their name or does having "cbcs" under your name count too?
Post 36 IP   flag post
Moderator The_Watcher private msg quote post Address this user
Jesse_O is the other mod, although another has been recently added. All mods will display "moderator" under their avatar, except for the new guy because he hasn't been upgraded yet. If it displays "CBCS" under the avatar, it means they're an employee of CBCS, not moderation or admin
Post 37 IP   flag post
Good to know.
Post 38 IP   flag post
Now that the dust has settled in here and we've caught the attention of a few higher ups. Is there anything a mod or employee of CBCS CAN say about sales here. If they are allowed could we get a sticky on a set of baseline rules.
Post 39 IP   flag post
If I could, I would. I swear. DrWatson private msg quote post Address this user
At the moment, I would guess that anything done would have to be self-propagating by individual posters. You aren't going to get any other information than what you have already received. None of the selling threads have been locked or deleted, so take that as a sign.
Post 40 IP   flag post
Collector zosocane private msg quote post Address this user
Don't we need a separate forum or sub-forum for sales? Otherwise all the replies would bump up a lot/most of the sales threads and keep non-sales content down or off the list of threads.
Post 41 IP   flag post
@zosocane yes. From what I've been told sub forums are coming soon(tm).
Post 42 IP   flag post
Collector catrick339 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
A rule should be in place that if you are selling a book here then it should be exclusive to only here. That will rule out an inevitable headache of a book being sold on both sites when the seller doesn't have the time to close one of the sales.

It you have books being sold elsewhere then a sales announcement thread would be more appropriate, it would increase awareness of the sale without the risk of running into issues.

This is why CBCS needs to set the ground rules.

I am not sure they are going to get involved at this stage. Yet since sales are underway it may be for the best if we create guidelines together as a community in the meantime.

I can't see why they wouldn't. Not saying there isn't a great reason but I can't think of one

This isn't specifically directed at you, but there are a handful or reasons that they can't be directly involved at the moment. Just because those reasons aren't public doesn't mean they aren't valid. I don't specifically know what those reasons may be, but I've heard and read enough bits and pieces over the last couple of years to form an idea. It may or may not be correct.

A self-started sales thread or set of selling rules (non-CBCS sanctioned)leaves wiggle room or bendability.

Agreed I just like to know all haha

I like this pretty well. Solid set of guidelines and anybody who has hung out Over Yonder will be familiar with all this. I may have to toss up a book or two this weekend just to test things out!
Post 43 IP   flag post
600484 43 18
This topic is archived. Start new topic?