Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Joined The Club Steverogers11 private msg quote post Address this user
So far so good 👍🏻
Post 1 IP   flag post
Ima gonna steal this and look for some occasion to use it! IronMan private msg quote post Address this user
Defenders is out? Man, my weekend is shot
Post 2 IP   flag post
Yes sir it is. Only 8 episodes
Post 3 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR dielinfinite private msg quote post Address this user
**Spoilers**

I thought it was pretty good, not great. They kind of just threw away Sigourney Weaver's character, which I thought was a waste. She just died suddenly and anti-climactically without a more than the barebones characterization, a satisfying end to her arc or a defining moment, really.

I didn't think the show, in general, had a strong villain since they pretty much just used half-developed villains they already had. While Weaver's performance was great, it didn't amount to much beyond "the boss with a vague master plan.". The villain from Iron Fist, who everyone on the show thought had died but obviously didn't is back and I just want to punch in the throat every time he speaks but I never found him especially compelling. Madame Gao has been in 4 seasons of shows now (including the Defenders) and they haven't done much beyond the old mystic, Asian lady trope.

I'm crossing my fingers in the hope that we're finally done with the Hand as the overarching villains. I thought they've been boring from the start. This season they didn't even have ninjas, just goons in street clothes. I'm not sure we need an overarching villain in general.

I had hoped that they'd use the opportunity to recharacterize Elektra to be a little more sympathetic like how she was in the original Miller run and it kind of seemed like they were going in that direction when she was resiscovering her identity but then they went back to her psychotic personality from Man Without Fear.

I think the show felt a lot like a half or catch-up season for the characters involved. Some of these we haven't seen in a while and it'll be a while longer until we see them again so it served to refresh everyone on who these characters are and to get everyone in place to start the next season. The first few episodes were a little slow as they set up each character and slowly bring them together.

I know it sounds like I'm heaping a lot of negativity on it but I don't think it was bad. The fight choreography, especially the ones where they get all the main characters in a brawl together, was very well done. Nothing quite as showy as Daredevil's long-take fights but after Iron Fist's anemic choreography, it was pretty refreshing.

Also, the scenes when they get Danny and Luke Cage alone and talking were fun as you can see them starting to build the friendship they're known for in the comics.
Post 4 IP   flag post
Collector neyko private msg quote post Address this user
Luckily I'm not bothered by spoilers. 😁😉
Post 5 IP   flag post
Collector BrianGreensnips private msg quote post Address this user
@dielinfinite I skimmed right past your post. I like surprises. But I really want to finish Iron Fist first. Been struggling to get through it.
Post 6 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
I watched the first episode last night. Totally boring. I mean, like, totally boring. Hate it.
Post 7 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR JWKyle private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaptainmyke
I watched the first episode last night. Totally boring. I mean, like, totally boring. Hate it.
I watched the first episode also and I agree it moved kind of slow. Hope it picks up the pace and gets to where it needs to be #soon
Post 8 IP   flag post
Collector KingNampa private msg quote post Address this user
Just finished the season. Hated it.
Post 9 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
I thought it was funny tho when the Cage broke the table with Rosario Dawson
Post 10 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR JLS_Comics private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingNampa
Just finished the season. Hated it.

Do you regret watching it?
Post 11 IP   flag post
Collector VillageIdiot private msg quote post Address this user
But there IS no Defenders show on Netflix?...Daredevil, Iron Fist, Cage, and Jones, were never IN the "Defenders"
Post 12 IP   flag post
It's the latest version of the team, the 2017 book.

Post 13 IP   flag post
Ima gonna steal this and look for some occasion to use it! IronMan private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by VillageIdiot
But there IS no Defenders show on Netflix?...Daredevil, Iron Fist, Cage, and Jones, were never IN the "Defenders"

The Defenders was always a sort of loose, open team I thought. Cage was for a time something of a regular. I pretty sure DD appeared in a few issues as well. I don't remember IF but wouldn't rule him out. The only "no" would be Jessica Jones. At least any of the previous Defenders
Post 14 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by JLS_Comics
It's the latest version of the team, the 2017 book.

😆 How convenient! Capital L.A.M.E.!
Post 15 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by IronMan
Quote:
Originally Posted by VillageIdiot

The Defenders was always a sort of loose, open team I thought. Cage was for a time something of a regular. I pretty sure DD appeared in a few issues as well. I don't remember IF but wouldn't rule him out. The only "no" would be Jessica Jones. At least any of the previous Defenders

I honestly remember none of this 😕 Yet, I'm a child of the 80,s
Post 16 IP   flag post
Collector OrbitCityComics private msg quote post Address this user
The pacing is a bit off. It's taking forever to set up a team. The first few episodes could have been crossover episodes from their individual series.

The overall story is a good premise, but can quickly lose the interest of people who want a fast paced storyline.
Post 17 IP   flag post
Yeah just finish season. Not as good as I was hoping
Post 18 IP   flag post
Collector antoniofett private msg quote post Address this user
Over all I give it a Meh.

5 out of 10
Post 19 IP   flag post
Collector Absolute_Zero private msg quote post Address this user
Well I seen this and feel like i saw a very underwhelming show that turned into a big stink. Really Liked Jessica and Daredevil but they could not save this. Well back to Game Of Thrones a much better show. Just my opinion
Post 20 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR Wolverine private msg quote post Address this user
Just finished it. Wasn't as good as I thought it was gonna be but was better than Luke Cage and Iron fist. I'll put it 4th behind Seasons 1&2 of Daredevil and Jessic Jones.
Post 21 IP   flag post
Collector KingNampa private msg quote post Address this user
If they change the actor for iron fist to someone that actually knows karate it would be a lot better.

Conor McGregor would be way better as iron fist and wouldn't come off as a crybaby.

Post 22 IP   flag post
I kinda wish they used Orson Randall instead of Danny Rand. Imagine that Gun-Fu on screen!
Post 23 IP   flag post
598060 23 23
This topic is archived. Start new topic?