Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
TerrifiCon in CT started today and I was lucky enough to be able to spend the day there. I dropped off 20 comics at the CBCS table for grading and the staff was very helpful (I needed to get signatures witnessesed on two of the books; 1 sig on one and three on the second book). I also got to say hello to @shrewbeer, who had his hands full with comics and his family. And I also got to finalize a deal I made last month with @drchaos. I'm going to post what I picked up there, and anyone else can join in.
Post 1 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
The pay-off from the deal:

Post 2 IP   flag post
My impulse buy thanks to all the buzz about this comic on these forums:

Post 3 IP   flag post
Howard Chaykin's autograph (is he trying to copy AH!):

Post 4 IP   flag post
David Finch:

Post 5 IP   flag post
Mr. and Mrs. Finch:

Post 6 IP   flag post
Greg Capullo:

Post 7 IP   flag post
I was also able to check off a few X-Men from my want list.

Post 8 IP   flag post

Post 9 IP   flag post

Post 10 IP   flag post
And my last purchase of the day:

Post 11 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR JWKyle private msg quote post Address this user
Nice haul
Post 12 IP   flag post
Collector Hanginglimbs private msg quote post Address this user
Say hello to Will Torres. He did a sketch for me last week in Boston
Post 13 IP   flag post
Collector Rafel private msg quote post Address this user
That HULK 102 is my favorite HULK cover!! I still have the one I bought for 12ยข (when it came out!!)
Post 14 IP   flag post
Collector jrs private msg quote post Address this user
That's good stuff.
Post 15 IP   flag post
Collector poka private msg quote post Address this user
Very nice
Post 16 IP   flag post
Collector* Towmater private msg quote post Address this user
Nice!
Post 17 IP   flag post
Collector Watcher private msg quote post Address this user
very nice !
Post 18 IP   flag post
I had no way of knowing that 9.8 graded copies signed by Adam Hughes weren't what you were looking for. drchaos private msg quote post Address this user
I am on line with 2 more books for Greg Capullo (41 yesterday) and 48 for Scott Snyder.
Post 19 IP   flag post
I had no way of knowing that 9.8 graded copies signed by Adam Hughes weren't what you were looking for. drchaos private msg quote post Address this user
Just got home from Terrificon.

Aside from the trade I finalized (see above) I had very little time to shop and didn't end up buying any new comics.

What I did get was a ridiculous quantity and quality of artist signatures. I still have to go through everything but I have two weeks until the next show (Toronto).

Even though I lost more than an hour to traffic on day one this was a very successful show for me. Had I gone back tomorrow I might have found some bargains but I will be happy to be chilling out at home and resting up a bit.

I am very happy to have concluded a transaction with one of our members on the board and hope more of you climb on the bandwagon.
Post 20 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by esaravo
TerrifiCon in CT started today and I was lucky enough to be able to spend the day there. I dropped off 20 comics at the CBCS table for grading and the staff was very helpful (I needed to get signatures witnessesed on two of the books; 1 sig on one and three on the second book). I also got to say hello to @shrewbeer, who had his hands full with comics and his family. And I also got to finalize a deal I made last month with @drchaos. I'm going to post what I picked up there, and anyone else can join in.

Hats off to Esaravo for a great transaction all around.

After a horrible slog through traffic and bad weather I was not at my best but we met up after I finished up on the Greg Capullo line and were able to get on the same page.

I look forward to the next one.
Post 21 IP   flag post
Collector Hanginglimbs private msg quote post Address this user
Jealous that you're going to Toronto. I'd love to meet Artgerm and get some books signed.
Post 22 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hanginglimbs
Jealous that you're going to Toronto. I'd love to meet Artgerm and get some books signed.

Now that I got home from CT I have to get my tickets and hotel lined up for Toronto.

Not sure what I would get with the Premium package that the deluxe package does not have.

There are also fan experiences available with Jim Lee or Tim Curry available not to mention the after parties.

If anyone can help me sort this nonsense out I would appreciate it.
Post 23 IP   flag post
Collector VaComicsGuy private msg quote post Address this user
@drchaos
PM sent
Post 24 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by VaComicsGuy
@drchaos
PM sent

Post 25 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR shrewbeer private msg quote post Address this user
Nice pickups, @esaravo!

Here's a little something from terrificon as well:

Sketch by John Beatty, sigs Capullo and Snyder ๐Ÿ‘Œ๐Ÿป

Beatty didnt want to try it, so we struck a deal, it was a funny conversation. He said there was no room for error, and a 50/50 shot he would fk it up. Free if he messed it up, $$ if I was happy. I was happy to pay the man ๐Ÿ˜

And the obligatory Finn signature

I'll post more when I do an unboxing (christmas? ๐Ÿ˜ณ)
Post 26 IP   flag post
600893 26 26
This topic is archived. Start new topic?