Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

WTB G.I. Combat #44 (7.0 or higher grade)4077

Collector Disfan private msg quote post Address this user
I'm looking for a 7.0 grade (or higher) G.I. Combat #44. Any and all leads are appreciated - thanks in advance.
Post 1 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR JWKyle private msg quote post Address this user
Good luck with the hunt on that book.
Post 2 IP   flag post
Collector neyko private msg quote post Address this user
Have you tried signing up with Heritage Auctions. Now there is a 4.5. Well below what you are looking for but slabbed at $195.
Post 3 IP   flag post
JWKyle - thanks.... unfortunately I think I'm going to need it.
Post 4 IP   flag post
Neyko - yes, I'm signed up with Heritage Auctions and have it listed on my "Want List" with Heritage. Of course, as you mentioned, the only one they have now is a 4.5. Plus if I can save money by not paying that 19.5% buyer's premium then that would be great. I'm hoping someone on here knows some lesser known sites that might have it, or better yet - knows someone that has the book in a higher grade who is willing to sell it. Thanks for responding.
Post 5 IP   flag post
I know a lot of the big five war books are harder to find in grade. I settled on this one in the 4.0 range. I will keep an eye open and if I run across one in a high grade state (7.0 and above I consider high grade for this book) I'll shoot you a PM. Especially if it's too rich for my blood

Post 6 IP   flag post
In just about any grade I think that's still a great looking book.

So, you're putting me in a tough position. On one hand I'm glad you'll keep an eye out for the book....even though you'll only let me know about it if it's too expensive for you. On the other hand it sounds like if the book is a good deal then I'll only know about it when you post a photo of your new book.

So now I've got to hope you find one that is barely too expensive for you, but still a good deal for me.

Joking aside, I really appreciate you responding and keeping an eye out for me, and thanks for posting a photo of your book.
Post 7 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Disfan
In just about any grade I think that's still a great looking book.

So, you're putting me in a tough position. On one hand I'm glad you'll keep an eye out for the book....even though you'll only let me know about it if it's too expensive for you. On the other hand it sounds like if the book is a good deal then I'll only know about it when you post a photo of your new book.

So now I've got to hope you find one that is barely too expensive for you, but still a good deal for me.

Joking aside, I really appreciate you responding and keeping an eye out for me, and thanks for posting a photo of your book.
Don't worry If I come across one I'll give you a heads up unless it's at an insanely crazy price. I'm pretty good with my above copy and don't really feel the need to upgrade it.
Post 8 IP   flag post
600842 8 8
This topic is archived. Start new topic?