Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Collector rckstr1253 private msg quote post Address this user
The winning bidder had bid with this seller 72% and the next highest bidder had bid 75% of the time with this seller.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Ultimate-Spider-Man-1-cgc-9-8-SS-Stan-lee-RRP-White-variant-Bendis-Quesada-amazi-/282606433126?_trksid=p2047675.l2557&nma=true&si=21tXmFVGUiGOPN2tBAparFWsi%252FY%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc
Post 1 IP   flag post
Collector KingNampa private msg quote post Address this user
Probably. Did you lose? If so better that way, move on and don't bid on that guy again .
Post 2 IP   flag post
Collector ONLINE_209 private msg quote post Address this user

Post 3 IP   flag post
I was bidding on it up until it reached over $450.....that's the highest I was willing to go.....I just found it fishy it would jump between these 2 bidders at ridiculous increments
Post 4 IP   flag post
Collector Bluespeyer private msg quote post Address this user
Not necessarily shill bidding. Could've just been two guys who really wanted it. Doesn't do the seller any good to shill beyond what's reasonable.
Post 5 IP   flag post
Collector 50AE_DE private msg quote post Address this user
Doubt it. A high percentage of bids from one or more buyers doesn't necessarily mean they're shills.
Post 6 IP   flag post
Collector Lonestar private msg quote post Address this user
What's a fair price for this comic?
Post 7 IP   flag post
Collector VaComicsGuy private msg quote post Address this user
I think it can be hard to determine shill bidding looking solely at how often a buyer bids on a particular sellers items. I tend to return to the same sellers if I get an item that was as advertised and good customer service.
Post 8 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
Does not look like a shill auction at all.
Post 9 IP   flag post
Collector comic_book_man private msg quote post Address this user
@rckstr1253 What you are seeing is probably just auto-bids, one had their max bid set to $660 and the other person's was higher...probably $700 which just put him to $670 to win it.
Post 10 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by comic_book_man
@rckstr1253 What you are seeing is probably just auto-bids, one had their max bid set to $660 and the other person's was higher...probably $700 which just put him to $670 to win it.

Good point. Thanks for the info. I wasnt saying it wad shill bidding but figured id ask what others thought of it. I am trying to learn all the in and outs of the art of auction buying
Post 11 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR DarthLego private msg quote post Address this user
Shills usually don't have triple digits feedback.
Post 12 IP   flag post
600879 12 12
This topic is archived. Start new topic?