Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS EventsPop Culture

CBCS Baltimore Con Dinner Sign up4075

Moderator Jesse_O private msg quote post Address this user
Official RSVP Request: CBCS BALTIMORE COMIC CON DINNER, Saturday 9/23/17

CBCS and Steve Borock will be hosting another CBCS Baltimore Comic Con Dinner in Baltimore on Saturday September 23rd at 7:45pm. This will take place during the 3 Day Baltimore Comic Con the Weekend of September 22-24th. We will be working on securing a nice dinner venue within walking distance to the Convention Center for Dinner, Drinks, and a Fun Time.

Steve Borock will be working on inviting some industry legends to the dinner and we will make sure a great time will be had by all.

Please comment if you are interested or message me, DavidSebs14, if you think you may want to attend and how many people in your group. Details on Cost and Restaurant will be posted soon as we are working out those details. This will most likely be a set price and menu of choices for dinner as this is still being worked on.

I will update this post as we get closer to the event and plans take shape.. We are 35 days out as of today 8/17 so please RSVP asap but keep in mind that a price and location is not yet set. THANKS!
Post 1 IP   flag post
Collector DavidSebs14 private msg quote post Address this user
Send me a message to RSVP on here or feel free to email me at DSDinc@gmail.com, I will be updating this thread with more details as we get things ironed out.
Post 2 IP   flag post
Collector antoniofett private msg quote post Address this user
I'm in!
Post 3 IP   flag post
Collector VaComicsGuy private msg quote post Address this user
I'm interested.-
Post 4 IP   flag post
Collector kbutcher private msg quote post Address this user
I'm interested
Post 5 IP   flag post
UPDATE: The Dinner will be held at Mccormick and Schmicks at the Baltimore Inner Harbor. There will be a 3 course set priced menu with lots of options which will be posted once we confirm.

http://www.mccormickandschmicks.com/…/ba…/easternavenue.aspx
Post 6 IP   flag post
Everyone who is interested send me an email or message on here with your full name and email address, also can reach me on Facebook at David Dhanesar https://www.facebook.com/DavidDD14

and here is the Facebook post for this. https://www.facebook.com/groups/cbcscomics/permalink/745564122314316/
Post 7 IP   flag post
We are looking at this being under $65 btw, which will include 3 course Dinner, Gratuity, All taxes and fees for room rental etc. soda and coffee included. Here is the dinner menu and vegetarian and gluten free options are also available. Menu Attached

Post 8 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidSebs14
We are looking at this being under $65 btw, which will include 3 course Dinner, Gratuity, All taxes and fees for room rental etc. soda and coffee included. Here is the dinner menu and vegetarian and gluten free options are also available. Menu Attached

Sounds awesome man I can't wait!
Post 9 IP   flag post
Collector Lonestar private msg quote post Address this user
Count me in. Looking forward to this and the con in general. Should be a fun weekend.
Post 10 IP   flag post
I had no way of knowing that 9.8 graded copies signed by Adam Hughes weren't what you were looking for. drchaos private msg quote post Address this user
Will there be an option for those of us who might want to skip the dinner and just join in for a few drinks?
Post 11 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by drchaos
Will there be an option for those of us who might want to skip the dinner and just join in for a few drinks?

Sounds like an after party. I could be talked into that.
Post 12 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonestar
Quote:

Sounds like an after party. I could be talked into that.

Count me in
Post 13 IP   flag post
Thanks for all the replies. I will get out an official list today of all who is IN so far. Please send me a message with your Fullname and email, also the price will be set at $63,we should round up to $65 for any incidentals as there is always something that pops up... This should take care of everything, dinner, non-alcohol drinks (soda, coffee, etc) and all gratuity, booking fees, food taxes etc. whatever money is left over we can purchase a bunch of Appetizers and/or a round of drinks possibly? The next step once we confirm everything is to start collecting payment. I will send each of you an invoice in PayPal where you can use any method to pay and/or make payments on the invoice over a few days or weeks. For those that don't have or use Paypal we can discuss other forms of payment and I should still be able to send you an email with a Paypal invoice where you can pay with a credit or debit card, I can set that up also to take partial payments until invoice is Paid in Full.

Action Items: Send to my EMAIL at either DavidDhanesar@gmail.com or DSDinc@gmail.com and include this info, if you did message me I will reply back to the old message today also:

1. Full Name
2. How many People, List each Full Name
3. email Address
4. Paypal Email Address or preferred method of payment
5. Let me know If you do require Vegetarian or Gluten Free Options (please scroll up in post for menu)

ALSO - Looking into setting up a cocktail hour pre-dinner and post dinner for the ones who get there early and stay late, and/or aren't going to dinner but want to stop by. Getting the OK from the Restaurant soon.

Thanks
David D.
Post 14 IP   flag post
Here is a tentative list so far, rem we can do a max of 50. If I missed anyone PM me or if you need to be taken off. Guest # Name
1 Steve Borock
2 David Dhanesar
3 Jeff Babb
4 Mike Kremer
5 Robert Doggett
6 Robert Doggett's wife
7 David Doggett
8 Newell Turner
9 Newell Turner +1
10 Nicholas Thiffault
11 Derek Kurysz
12 Edward Pinkus
13 Nathan Klurfeld
14 Kurt Clawson
15 Ed Lauver
16 Craig Hawkins
17 Don Zdancewicz
18 Antonio Fett
19 Lee Gordon
20 Lee Gordon +1
21 forum username: Kbutcher
22 forum username: VAComicsGuy
23 CBCS Staff
24 CBCS Staff
25 CBCS Staff
26 CBCS Staff
27 CBCS Staff
28 Jay Lipson
29 Chris Cwiertniewski
30 Possible: Jay Lipson +1
31 Possible: Jay Lipson +1
Post 15 IP   flag post
Hey all, looks like we are 15 days out from the dinner and are all set to go. I will be collecting payment starting this weekend for the Dinner. Details on where/who to pay etc will be posted later tonite.
Post 16 IP   flag post
OK ALL. WE are about 10 days away and I will NOW start to collect funds. Please Paypal me at DavidDhanesar@gmail.com to send funds or I can send you an invoice. Also PM me asap if you want to pay cash or check and we can figure it out, also can take credit cards through FB Messenger. PRICE IS $63 and mention if you want a vegetarian option also.
Post 17 IP   flag post
Will the hurricane aftermath have any effect on CBCS's Baltimore apperence? I'm just glad they made it!
Post 18 IP   flag post
CBCS BALTIMORE COMIC CON DINNER LAST CALL, Our Final Cutoff date to set the amount of People will be this Wed Sep 20th. The Dinner will be held at Mccormick and Schmicks at the Baltimore Inner Harbor. There will be a 3 course set priced menu with lots of options, soda and coffee included. The price is $63 which includes 3 course nice dinner, all gratuity, taxes, fees, booking fees etc. I will send out messages today and this week to collect funds, PayPal to DavidDhanesar@gmail.com as i'm handling the reservation and booking, thanks! also please note if you have a vegetarian preference.

Dinner will start closer to 8:30pm with a cocktail hour before hand at 7:30pm, we have the venue booked until midnight.
Post 19 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by antoniofett
Will the hurricane aftermath have any effect on CBCS's Baltimore apperence? I'm just glad they made it!
Steve said all is fine and will have some special guests in attendance as well as the CBCS crew
Post 20 IP   flag post
@DavidSebs14 Thanks to you and CBCS for setting this up. Looking forward to it. Can't wait to find out who the special guests are.
Post 21 IP   flag post
I had no way of knowing that 9.8 graded copies signed by Adam Hughes weren't what you were looking for. drchaos private msg quote post Address this user
Some of us had expressed an interest in popping in for drinks instead of joining for dinner. Is this still an option?
Post 22 IP   flag post
Anyone from the public is welcome to go have drinks at the restaurant, However the CBCS Dinner is held in a private room with it's own bartender, wait staff, and secluded from the general public where you will need to be on the guest list.
Post 23 IP   flag post
Quote:
Anyone from the public is welcome to go have drinks at the restaurant, However the CBCS Dinner is held in a private room with it's own bartender, wait staff, and secluded from the general public where you will need to be on the guest list.

That sounds like a no.
Post 24 IP   flag post
Quote:
Quote:

That sounds like a no.

I'd say try your chances can't hurt
Post 25 IP   flag post
Cocktail Hour Begins at 7:45PM on Saturday Sept. 23rd And Dinner will start being Served at 8:30PM, we will have the best room in the restaurant with Bartender and Private Servers for the rest of the evening, so should be a good time for all with many toasts and speeches...get those ready! thanks for all who are coming, if anyone wants a last minute add PM me and I can see what we can do. Restaurant address and map is as follows and is a 1/4 mile 10 minute walk from the convention center and you can walk right along the inner harbor promenade to get there easily.

7:45pm Cocktail Hour,
8:30pm Dinner Served

McCormick & Schmick’s Seafood & Steaks at Inner Harbor - Baltimore
711 Eastern Ave.
Baltimore, MD 21202
Image may contain: text

Post 26 IP   flag post
Moderator Jesse_O private msg quote post Address this user
If anyone stops by the Tommy Castillo booth (#109) tell Sammy that Jesse says hi!! LOL!!
Post 27 IP   flag post
Thanks for everyone who came out to the dinner, was def a great time and thanks to Steve Borock for hosting. Also special thanks to our guests of Honor Mr. Neal Adams and his wife Marilyn for attending and giving some great insights and great stories all night.
Post 28 IP   flag post
600723 28 28
This topic is archived. Start new topic?