Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS GradedComics Copper AgeGrading Help NeededQuestions

Grader Notes Question ??4074

Collector mattness private msg quote post Address this user
Hey all. I just picked up a new CBCS slab. On the back of the book are some white scuff marks, they can be scene on the far right side down the spine and at the bottom as well. All the reflections and light on the left of the image is from taking the picture outside. I wiped down the case. The scuffs seem to be on the book. The graders notes say "light spine wear & stress some breaks color" would these marks fall into that description? Thanks everyone.

Post 1 IP   flag post
Collector Homer private msg quote post Address this user
If you tilt the book, I would suspect the scratches are on the inner well.
Post 2 IP   flag post
@Homer Thanks for the response. I tried tilting the book but I couldn't tell. The front has some scratches on the slab so I think I'll send it in for a reholder. I guess that's the only way to tell for sure. Thanks again!
Post 3 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR DarthLego private msg quote post Address this user
One thing to keep in mind is that not every defect makes it onto the grade notes on the database. They limit to the major ones that prevent the book from making the next higher grade.

What was the grade of the book btw?
Post 4 IP   flag post
@DarthLego Yeah, I remember Steve saying something about that. That's why I was curious. This book is a 9.6
Post 5 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR DarthLego private msg quote post Address this user
At a 9.6 I would be surprised if that is on the book and not on the inner plastic.
Post 6 IP   flag post
The corner is dinged pretty good too, like the Spawn I showed a while ago. I'm surprised that isn't listed in the grader notes ? How does the inner well get scratched if it's in the case? I'm confused lol
Post 7 IP   flag post
Collector Homer private msg quote post Address this user
The inner well was scratched before the book was holdered. It's just a piece of raw material.
Post 8 IP   flag post
600652 8 8
This topic is archived. Start new topic?