Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

IMAGE COMICS 25th ANNIVERSARY BLIND BOX4065

Forum Crier OGJackster private msg quote post Address this user
Did anyone get The IMAGE COMICS 25th ANNIVERSARY BLIND BOX? If so, how did you like the contents?
Post 1 IP   flag post
Collector therealtimmyp private msg quote post Address this user
I got one from my LCS. I didn't hit the Negan which is what I was hoping for. I also, didn't hit any sketch variants. Overall, I didn't get the return in investment, but it was a lot of fun. Some people hit big so huge props to them!
Post 2 IP   flag post
Collector dpiercy private msg quote post Address this user
#boxoflies - credit to @shrewbeer.
Post 3 IP   flag post
I ordered one from http://www.badasscollectibles.com back in June. I haven't received or heard from them. I sent them an e-mail for the status a few minutes ago because the store closed at 5 EST. If I don't have a reply when I get up in the morning, I'll call. I had forgotten all about ordering one LOL! It will be interesting to hear what they have to say.
Post 4 IP   flag post
Collector Savage_Spawn private msg quote post Address this user
Here's hoping you'll be a lucky ducky!!!
Post 5 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR BigRig private msg quote post Address this user
I didn't get nothing really worth the money. 10 blanks rest were reg color covers
Post 6 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR DarthLego private msg quote post Address this user
I got one and flipped it for money. So I'm happy.
Post 7 IP   flag post
Collector Zuul private msg quote post Address this user
I'm interested to see how much "controversy" the Negan book creates.

1) Blindbox is advertised as having a Negan book -- "the only time it will be collected"

2) Some Negan books released SS, which means not all 500 copies made it into blindboxes.

3) Image extends the Negan story in Image+ which means that the blindbox comic isn't complete?

4) Image releases a Negan HC, which, while not a COMIC is still a collected version of the story. Semantics, I know.
Post 8 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR DarthLego private msg quote post Address this user
They advertised it as the only time it would be issued as a single issue comic. The hardcover was already announced, so not a surprise there.

Now the fact that some were slabbed prior to release could be considered an issue because they advertised the box in a way that made people believe that all 500 would be inside the boxes.

The way I see it the books only value as the single comic is the ability to slab it, because for $15 to $20 you can get the complete story in a nice hardcover with a more attractive version of the cover.

They did a pretty bang up job of devaluing what should have been an ultra collectible, so instead of spending $300 I'll spend the $20 and have the complete story.
Post 9 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR shrewbeer private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by dpiercy
#boxoflies - credit to @shrewbeer.

Here you go.

#ILISM!

Post 10 IP   flag post
Collector 1nOnly private msg quote post Address this user
I got 2 boxes. Opened 1 and still have the other sealed. I got lucky and pulled the Negan book which I was super stoked. I liked the whole process of getting and opening the box. The covers were all pretty cool and all the books were in pretty good shape (I heard this was not always the case). My only complaint was that there were multiple duplicate covers in the box. So instead of getting 25 different books I got 17. Now I'm just contemplating what to do with the other box.....open, save or sell.
Post 11 IP   flag post
Collector dpiercy private msg quote post Address this user
B O X O F L I E S !
Post 12 IP   flag post
Collector QuantumTunnelRat private msg quote post Address this user
I have one that I got from my LCS, but I still haven't opened it. I've been too busy to sit down and go through the process. I'm considering just flipping it...but the prices have stabilized since release, so it may just be worth holding onto a sealed box for a while. Not sure what I want to do...but I've got one.
Post 13 IP   flag post
Collector vacaboca private msg quote post Address this user
Recently I posted a thread about my experience in this forum post... short version was, it kinda sucked. I really just wanted a Negan. I basically ended up buying a Negan with another open box from a skybound charity ebay auction... ended up spending nearly $1100 to end up with the Negan buck and then nothing but standard trade dress color variants and a handful of blanks that came with the ebay auction. It was a financial and emotional disaster. I should have just bought the Negan on eBay and avoided the boxes altogether, but I thought a chance at some original art or B&W/virgin variants would be fun.

Not fun, and apparently a VERY non-random distribution. I need to do the actual math on the odds of getting the two boxes I got, maybe I'm wrong. Regardless, sucksville for me.
Post 14 IP   flag post
Once again, I ordered one from http://www.badasscollectibles.com back in June. I never received it. I have tried 7 times to get hold of them by phone and email. I give up. Now I don't want one. Especially after reading about all of the bad experiences. All I want now is my money back and if you have ever thought of doing business with Bad Ass Collectibles, I'd think twice. Their customer service is non-existent.
Post 15 IP   flag post
600893 15 15
This topic is archived. Start new topic?