Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS EventsCBCS Signature VSPSignatures

CBCS Rose City Signing events4054

Moderator Jesse_O private msg quote post Address this user
From The Official!! CBCS Signature Programs facebook page and Mark Roman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Roman
CBCS will be teaming up with Maxwell's Comics, Rob Liefeld & Neal Adams to bring you the following signing opportunities for mail-ins & drop-offs at the CBCS booth at Rose City Comic Con.
The following signing opportunities for mail-ins & drop-offs at the CBCS booth for Rose City Comic Con are due on September 1 (not including the $5 mail fee per book):
- Neal Adams............................$50 each
- Rob Liefeld..............................$60 each (except X-Force #11 at $80 each & New Mutants #87 & 98 at $100 each)
- Donny Cates...........................$15 each
- Garry Brown...........................$10 each
** prices are subject to change on a last minute notice **
*** CBCS will accept books to be mailed in for signatures & WILL BE immediately turned in to be certified to CBCS (unless AWs have a Multi-Event form to keep the books to add more signatures from another future event).
***** Ensure we receive a check or money order for the total amount of the signatures, PLUS the $5 fee per book, to cover shipping from CBCS to the conventions (grading fees not included). *****
Send books to arrive no later than Sept. 1, 2017 to: CBCS, Attn: Jake Fleming, 2400 31st Street South, St. Petersburg, FL 33712. All books submitted for the signings MUST be prepped with window bag cut-out where the signature will go, with the customer's name & phone number on the back of the backing board of each comic. For books that are NOT prepped and with name & phone number on the back of the backing board, will be charged an additional $5 fee per book. THERE IS NO LIMIT ON THE AMOUNT OF BOOKS YOU CAN SUBMIT.***

link to Facebook page
Post 1 IP   flag post
Collector poka private msg quote post Address this user
Is it just me or is Liefeld trying to cash in compared to what he used to charge?
Post 2 IP   flag post
Collector Absolute_Zero private msg quote post Address this user
Just because he created two characters whose movie or movies are about to come out he thinks he can charge what Frank Miller or Stan Lee charges. Would never pay that much for his signature unless it was Mark Hamill lol. But its just my opinion is all so no hate here
Post 3 IP   flag post
Collector moodswing private msg quote post Address this user
So they charge more depending on the comic? Is it harder to sign your name on a New Mutants 98 than a Youngblood comic?
Post 4 IP   flag post
Collector* Towmater private msg quote post Address this user
So we don't have to pay the flippers on eBay to get these? Sign me up. I wish CBCS would do this more often.
Post 5 IP   flag post
Collector KiloGraham private msg quote post Address this user
I saw Rob Liefeld charge a little kid no older than 10 $20 to sign a picture that he (the kid) had drawn of Deadpool. Kid's dad looked like he wanted to deck Liefeld.
Post 6 IP   flag post
I had no way of knowing that 9.8 graded copies signed by Adam Hughes weren't what you were looking for. drchaos private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by KiloGraham
I saw Rob Liefeld charge a little kid no older than 10 $20 to sign a picture that he (the kid) had drawn of Deadpool. Kid's dad looked like he wanted to deck Liefeld.

Since he usually charges $40 I would say the kid got a bargain.

Having spent $750 in his booth last weekend I have the World's smallest fiddle playing for that kid and his father right now.
Post 7 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
Those prices do seem a bit high. I thought Adams was getting $30 per signature.
Post 8 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by drchaos
Quote:
Originally Posted by KiloGraham

Since he usually charges $40 I would say the kid got a bargain.

Having spent $750 in his booth last weekend I have the World's smallest fiddle playing for that kid and his father right now.

Post 9 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR shrewbeer private msg quote post Address this user
I really like this idea. Normally I want to meet the person for my cigs, but if its someone not available in my area, subbing direct to CBCS is a great option.
Post 10 IP   flag post
Collector OrbitCityComics private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Absolute_Zero
Just because he created two characters whose movie or movies are about to come out he thinks he can charge what Frank Miller or Stan Lee charges. Would never pay that much for his signature unless it was Mark Hamill lol. But its just my opinion is all so no hate here

He's just cashing in after all those years of being a punchline to every bad drawing joke.
Post 11 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by OrbitCityComics
Quote:

He's just cashing in after all those years of being a punchline to every bad drawing joke.

He cashed in during the late 1980's and early 1990's. He became a multi-millionaire in his 20's. He's like every other creator that cashes in again 25/30 years after their first go at fame. I'd love to see a Youngblood movie. I think that would be a very cheap way for a studio to cash in on the comic movie craze and not have to throw tons of money at it to do it.
Post 12 IP   flag post
I had no way of knowing that 9.8 graded copies signed by Adam Hughes weren't what you were looking for. drchaos private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Towmater
Quote:
Quote:

He cashed in during the late 1980's and early 1990's. He became a multi-millionaire in his 20's. He's like every other creator that cashes in again 25/30 years after their first go at fame. I'd love to see a Youngblood movie. I think that would be a very cheap way for a studio to cash in on the comic movie craze and not have to throw tons of money at it to do it.

If Liefeld and others din't form Image we miss out on Wlaking Dead, Chew, etc. For all of the crap he gets Liefeld has done a lot for our hobby.
Post 13 IP   flag post
Collector OrbitCityComics private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by drchaos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Towmater
Quote:
Quote:

If Liefeld and others din't form Image we miss out on Wlaking Dead, Chew, etc. For all of the crap he gets Liefeld has done a lot for our hobby.

I'm not knocking his creations. But in all honesty he has been the butt of many jokes.

Personally, I'm not a fan. I find his personality off-putting, and art work to be subpar at best. That's just my personal opinion of his work. Some people like it, others love it... All the power to them.
Post 14 IP   flag post
Collector Gabriel85301 private msg quote post Address this user
I wanted to get at least 1 Neal Adams Signature but then I thought about it and would rather get more for my buck with other individuals.

Hope to see some of you there!
Post 15 IP   flag post
Collector 1nOnly private msg quote post Address this user
Just got an email saying Liefeld will no longer be attending RCCC. Offering refunds for everyone that bought his VIP package.
Post 16 IP   flag post
600811 16 16
This topic is archived. Start new topic?