CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Graded

CBCS Turnaround 8/14/20174038

CBCS Pressing SteveRicketts private msg quote post Address this user
#CBCScomics #turnaroundupdate

Post 1 IP   flag post
Collector Absolute_Zero private msg quote post Address this user
Ok so about two months out till books get pressed. Hey Steve if i submit order and some of the books are getting pressed i have to wait till thise get back before the other books get graded? Sumbitted them at Denver Comic Con.
Post 2 IP   flag post
Ima gonna steal this and look for some occasion to use it! IronMan private msg quote post Address this user
Nice to see Consumer and Expanded taking less time.

Absolute_Zero you asked Steve - but if I understand your question correctly then the answer depends on if you are having all the books shipped back together at the same time to on postage costs. If that answer is yes, then books not being pressed will wait on those being pressed before the clock starts on grading. If you pay separate shipping charges, the books that are only being graded would be done sooner.
Post 3 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR DarthLego private msg quote post Address this user
CBCS always splits pressing and non-pressing into separate invoices for that reason. They don't want books waiting in the vault for 3 months as other books catch up.
Post 4 IP   flag post
Collector Krazywan private msg quote post Address this user
Just maybe the LCS I submitted through will pick up my yellow labels this week, I been waiting so long and I'm getting anxious. I wanna get my Bane books back in my hands.
Post 5 IP   flag post
Collector Absolute_Zero private msg quote post Address this user
Oh ok cool yeah I paid for it on one invoice so its no problem with me waiting for my books. Hope that Batgirl 1 signed by Hope Larson comes in a 9.2. Thanks for the info guys.
Post 6 IP   flag post
Collector KCBatmanFan private msg quote post Address this user
My 05/29 submission shipped today! Excited!
Post 7 IP   flag post
Collector fat1138 private msg quote post Address this user
any updates on turnarounds ,17-104369C Mar 22, 2017 dropped off at ECCC thanx
Post 8 IP   flag post
Collector Gabriel85301 private msg quote post Address this user
Never got an email, but...

BUT...

I am SUPER HAPPY to see I'm IN QUALITY CONTROL! QC!!!

SO SUPER HAPPY WITH CBCS !
Post 9 IP   flag post
Collector AndyRexia private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabriel85301
Never got an email, but...

BUT...

I am SUPER HAPPY to see I'm IN QUALITY CONTROL! QC!!!

SO SUPER HAPPY WITH CBCS !

Same here. Hopefully we have our books next week?
Post 10 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyRexia

I got another batch waiting there that was accepted 2 weeks later after this batch. Those are not in grading yet so I'm a little curious if they receive them the weekend from Phoenix Comicon, or the date they entered them in the computer.
Post 11 IP   flag post
Collector AndyRexia private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabriel85301
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyRexia

I got another batch waiting there that was accepted 2 weeks later after this batch. Those are not in grading yet so I'm a little curious if they receive them the weekend from Phoenix Comicon, or the date they entered them in the computer.

I believe they are considered received the next Tuesday after the con they were sudmitted at. Regardless if they showed up on your dashboard or not.
Post 12 IP   flag post
Collector comic_book_man private msg quote post Address this user
@SteveRicketts

Is there a turn time for Raw Grade?

Thanks!
Post 13 IP   flag post
Just to give a timeline if you submitted thru a 3rd party, I turned my books into my LCS for yellow label on 5-6 17 and got them back on 8-15-17. So 14.25 weeks to get them back. With being said count couple extra weeks depending on drop off and actual received date. Very happy with what I got back. Will do a mail call thread soon. Waiting on my son to get home so he can do it with me.
Post 14 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR shrewbeer private msg quote post Address this user
I'm in purgatory! Its painful submitting more books and still not having the ones from the last con back ... looking at this chart, any day now they should be in grading though

BTW @SteveRicketts your crew today at Terrificon was AMAZING. We had all four kids with us, so we had to make 6 or 7 trips between the CBCS booth and Artist Alley (in between buying stuff for the kids to keep them appeased ). They were all very accommodating, kept our invoice open all day so we could get the signatures and sketches we wanted when we actually had the chance lol.

At the end of the day we were still missing two signatures but were out of time and the kids were DONE, had to go. One of your AWs offered to keep the invoice open and the get the missing signatures for us on his own time later (for less than a decent tip). A+ service, man. Second to none
Post 15 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by comic_book_man
@SteveRicketts

Is there a turn time for Raw Grade?

Thanks!

Raw Grade is on time. There is no backlog.
Post 16 IP   flag post
@shrewbeer Good to hear. Glad they could help you. I'll let them know they were given the shout-out.
Post 17 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
@SteveRicketts - I'd like to second what @shrewbeer said. I just got back from Terrificon too. I dropped off 20 books for grading at CBCS, two that needed witnesses for signatures. The people at your booth couldn't have been more accommodating. Outstanding service!
Post 18 IP   flag post
@esaravo Thanks for the kind words.
Post 19 IP   flag post
any updates on turnarounds ,17-104369C Mar 22, 2017 dropped off at ECCC thanx
Post 20 IP   flag post
Collector Midnightowl private msg quote post Address this user
@fat1138 Were these sent in for pressing as well as grading?
Post 21 IP   flag post
yes - pressing plus asp and vsp books
Post 22 IP   flag post
Collector* Towmater private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krazywan
Just to give a timeline if you submitted thru a 3rd party, I turned my books into my LCS for yellow label on 5-6 17 and got them back on 8-15-17. So 14.25 weeks to get them back. With being said count couple extra weeks depending on drop off and actual received date. Very happy with what I got back. Will do a mail call thread soon. Waiting on my son to get home so he can do it with me.

Did I read that right? 3 1/2 months?
Post 23 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Towmater
Quote:

I am in to week 12 since they were received, and I am 14 1/2 weeks since I submitted.
Meaning I'll get them back while I am out of town.

I am normally not worried, but I did do something stupid.

I used Office Depot Metallic Markers for my signatures

and I have no idea if the marker seeped through the pages since I just read they were water based!!!
Hopefully I'm good to roll.. BUT BUT!!! I don't want to submit 80+ books doing the same thing while I am at the con again and then find out they sweeped. I'm kinda scared to test out the results but don't want to buy a pack and waste the $ if they are gonna be no bueno. The waiting game.
Post 24 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Towmater
Quote:

yes you read that correctly. Got the books signed on a Saturday 5/6, LCS dropped them off at cbcs the following Wednesday 5/10, and they were picked up by my LCS on Wednesday 8/15. No fastpass as I was not in a hurry
Post 25 IP   flag post
CBCS broke up with me over Facebook. CFP_Comics private msg quote post Address this user
What is the breakdown? How long to press and how long to grade?
Post 26 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by CFP_Comics
No pressing on that batch, and my LCS didn't give me that info, although I wish they had, next set I get graded will be blue labels, ill drive them down to cbcs next time and pick them up myself. Few those will have pressing that need to be done
Post 27 IP   flag post
Collector* Towmater private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by CFP_Comics
No pressing on that batch, and my LCS didn't give me that info, although I wish they had, next set I get graded will be blue labels, ill drive them down to cbcs next time and pick them up myself. Few those will have pressing that need to be done

3 1/2 months, that's brutal. Maybe once the con season is over the lag time will decrease.
Post 28 IP   flag post
When I sent in a 6 books batch via 2 DAYS USPS, I sent a money order with it, they were received right away, on the day they were recieved. In times past, it takes a bit to be input in to the system.
Post 29 IP   flag post
601275 29 29
This topic is archived. Start new topic?