Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS EventsCBCS Signature ASP

What's the point for submitting comics to ge4036

Collector Ny85 private msg quote post Address this user
So apparently cbcs does not obtain autographs for you at cons so what's the point of submitting comics for certain cons?
I can't make it to Rhode Island comic con but there are great celebrity guests as well as great comic artist
Post 1 IP   flag post
Collector Mef private msg quote post Address this user
You go to the booth. Ask for a witness. The witness watches your book get signed and then helps you submit it to CBCS for the yellow label.

CBCS offers the service of taking your books for grading from that con. So if you're going to that con to get sigs, and CBCS is going to be there, they can facilitate your yellow label goodness.

There are other services that will take your books to conventions and get them signed for you, and some will go through the process i just mentioned for you to get those back with yellow labels!
Post 2 IP   flag post
I had no way of knowing that 9.8 graded copies signed by Adam Hughes weren't what you were looking for. drchaos private msg quote post Address this user
There is also an advantage to submitting unsigned books at cons.

You do not have to pay to ship them to CBCS.

Also, you do not risk the books getting damaged on the way to CBCS.
Post 3 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by drchaos
There is also an advantage to submitting unsigned books at cons.

You do not have to pay to ship them to CBCS.

Also, you do not risk the books getting damaged on the way to CBCS.

Agree!
Post 4 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mef
You go to the booth. Ask for a witness. The witness watches your book get signed and then helps you submit it to CBCS for the yellow label.

CBCS offers the service of taking your books for grading from that con. So if you're going to that con to get sigs, and CBCS is going to be there, they can facilitate your yellow label goodness.

There are other services that will take your books to conventions and get them signed for you, and some will go through the process i just mentioned for you to get those back with yellow labels!

I just talked to costumer service they said they won't do it
Post 5 IP   flag post
The only function of the CBCS booth at a convention is to help you submit your books to them. I'm not sure what question you asked them, but they want your books and they can take them at conventions.

They cannot grade and encapsulate them at a convention as far as I'm aware, which could be the source of some confusion??
Post 6 IP   flag post
Collector DocBrown private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ny85

I just talked to costumer service they said they won't do it

Well, unless you're looking to dress up as an Avenger, you're probably calling the wrong dept.

Post 7 IP   flag post
Collector RyanHicks private msg quote post Address this user
CBCS will have AW's and employees working the booth at every convention. Either of those people will go witness signatures with you if you are at the show and you bring your books to the booth. If you are not able to make it to a show but you want to get signatures from that show, you would need to reach out to a third party facilitator like Collectors Choice Comics (full disclosure, i co-run CCC; i know, shameless plug). The facilitators (assuming they are authorized CBCS witnesses) can take your books to a show, get them signed and submit them for yellow label.
Post 8 IP   flag post
Collector MR_SigS private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mef

I think this answers it best, if I understand the question correctly.
He can't make it to the RI show, and I think he was hoping CBCS would get his books signed for him, then grade them, and he's been informed they don't do this.

So I think Mef's response is what Ny85 is looking for.
Post 9 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanHicks
CBCS will have AW's and employees working the booth at every convention. Either of those people will go witness signatures with you if you are at the show and you bring your books to the booth. If you are not able to make it to a show but you want to get signatures from that show, you would need to reach out to a third party facilitator like Collectors Choice Comics (full disclosure, i co-run CCC; i know, shameless plug). The facilitators (assuming they are authorized CBCS witnesses) can take your books to a show, get them signed and submit them for yellow label.

Will you be at Rhode Island comic con?
Post 10 IP   flag post
Collector RyanHicks private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ny85
Will you be at Rhode Island comic con?

Yes we will. PM me or reach out to me on Facebook (Collectors Choice Comics (CCC))
Post 11 IP   flag post
I really should have been a bit more descriptive in my reply! I was trying to be sneaky at work! Glad you got hooked up with a service to help you get those signatures!
Post 12 IP   flag post
Collector DocBrown private msg quote post Address this user
I never submit my comics to ge. I much prefer westinghouse.
Post 13 IP   flag post
Collector SpiderTim private msg quote post Address this user
Josh Avery is going to Rhode Island Comic-Con, he can take your books to get the signatures you need and then also press the books before shipping to CBCS for grading. Contact Avery Pressing Services and tell him I sent you!
Post 14 IP   flag post
598103 14 14
This topic is archived. Start new topic?