Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Art Original ArtworkComics Modern AgeSignatures

Spawn Vault Edition (post your results here)4031

Collector Logan510 private msg quote post Address this user
I got a bigger, more detailed head shot sketch from Neal Adams a few years back for $75.

How much should the Todd sketch go for realistically?

I wouldn't be surprised to see someone pay 1-2k for that book, 9k seems a bit of a reach, but I don't really know the market for TM's sketches.
Post 51 • IP   flag post
Collector poka private msg quote post Address this user
Well - you can always make an offer 😎
Post 52 • IP   flag post
Collector ThisTonyDraws private msg quote post Address this user
bold text

[img]

I was lucky enough to get one

Ordered from Cheapgraphicnovels.com
Post 53 • IP   flag post
Collector ThisTonyDraws private msg quote post Address this user
Not sure if it's a 9k sketch maybe closer to $1,000 or $1500

Being a huge fan I'm happy to hold onto this for a long time. It's a beautiful book though
Post 54 • IP   flag post
Witnessed cigs dielinfinite private msg quote post Address this user
Well, that's 2/14 accounted for
Post 55 • IP   flag post


Qualified Towmater private msg quote post Address this user
Mine is supposed to be delivered tomorrow according to the tracking info I was given by B&N.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthLego
$9,000 for a quarter page sketch is pretty ridiculous.


You can buy Capullo Spawn pages McFarlane inked, Infinity Inc OA pages, and Hulk OA pages for much less than that.
Post 56 • IP   flag post
Collector ComicE2 private msg quote post Address this user
Well i didn't get a sketch. But it's still an amazing book.

Worth the money!
Post 57 • IP   flag post
Collector ThisTonyDraws private msg quote post Address this user
Seller on EBay has dropped his asking price. I'm not interested in selling but if he gets close to 5k I'd have to consider it
Post 58 • IP   flag post
Qualified Towmater private msg quote post Address this user
@ThisTonyDraws For 5K I'd buy the nicest McFarlane OA page I could find. I wouldn't buy a sketch in a book.

I'll post photos of my book and what is or isn't found inside later tonight. I'm gonna have my wife open it with me. It was one of the anniversary gifts she gave me and I think she needs to be a part of it.
Post 59 • IP   flag post
Collector ThisTonyDraws private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Towmater
@ThisTonyDraws For 5K I'd buy the nicest McFarlane OA page I could find. I wouldn't buy a sketch in a book.

I'll post photos of my book and what is or isn't found inside later tonight. I'm gonna have my wife open it with me. It was one of the anniversary gifts she gave me and I think she needs to be a part of it.


Yeah I wouldn't expect it sell for 5k, maybe $1,000 to $1500 but that's it. I think it depends on how many of the sketches are found and make it to the market.
Post 60 • IP   flag post
**POOF!** kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
Mine should be coming soon...
Post 61 • IP   flag post
Qualified Towmater private msg quote post Address this user
Just an autographed copy for me. I looked through the book. I was impressed with it.
Post 62 • IP   flag post
Collector Sirtoddington private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Towmater
Just an autographed copy for me. I looked through the book. I was impressed with it.


They were all autographed. you only get lucky if you get one that's notarized or has a sketch.
Post 63 • IP   flag post
Qualified Towmater private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirtoddington
Quote:
Originally Posted by Towmater
Just an autographed copy for me. I looked through the book. I was impressed with it.


They were all autographed. you only get lucky if you get one that's notarized or has a sketch.


I know that, and that is why my post states "Just". In other words, no big deal, and nothing exciting.
Post 64 • IP   flag post
Snikt! Wolverine private msg quote post Address this user
How cool would it be to have a brother or uncle or even son who is a famous comic artist. Jason Fabok shows his pieces that he does for family members on IG all the time. Would be pretty sweet I think
Post 65 • IP   flag post
Collector Sirtoddington private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolverine
How cool would it be to have a brother or uncle or even son who is a famous comic artist. Jason Fabok shows his pieces that he does for family members on IG all the time. Would be pretty sweet I think


Right!!?? Wish I was related or super close friends with JSC! I've waited over 20+ years since Gen13 came out to own an original Roxy from JSC!
Post 66 • IP   flag post
Collector ThisTonyDraws private msg quote post Address this user
I'll be selling my sketch and Hardcover if anyone is interested please message me

Thanks
Post 67 • IP   flag post
#GLOM DarthLego private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolverine
How cool would it be to have a brother or uncle or even son who is a famous comic artist. Jason Fabok shows his pieces that he does for family members on IG all the time. Would be pretty sweet I think

Damn, does Jason Fabok have a sister I can marry?
Post 68 • IP   flag post
Collector Hexigore private msg quote post Address this user
Is there anyone who hasn't opened their Spawn Vault Edition out of fear of not having a sketch?
BTW: Amazon refunded me $36.35 for my copy to match the current price. I hope others received refunds as well.
Post 69 • IP   flag post
Collector Shakara private msg quote post Address this user
I purchased the Vault edition from Reedcomics.com & paid around £110. It wasn't shrink wrapped when it arrived yet Image confirm that they were all distributed fully shrink wrapped. I'm now suspicious as to why my copy wasn't. Has anybody else received a copy that wasn't? Reed Comics are not replying to emails.
Post 70 • IP   flag post
Collector Darkga private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shakara
I purchased the Vault edition from Reedcomics.com & paid around £110. It wasn't shrink wrapped when it arrived yet Image confirm that they were all distributed fully shrink wrapped. I'm now suspicious as to why my copy wasn't. Has anybody else received a copy that wasn't? Reed Comics are not replying to emails.


They should all be wrapped. It just seems you bought from a shady shop.
Post 71 • IP   flag post
Collector poka private msg quote post Address this user
Yep should be sealed
Post 72 • IP   flag post
Collector jrs private msg quote post Address this user
The book is now $117.85 at Amazon.
Post 73 • IP   flag post
Collector Sparky49 private msg quote post Address this user
Barnes & Noble sucks!! My wife pre-ordered this book for me from B&N and it never shipped. Called to find out what happened and the rep said they only had a limited number (100 maybe?) but that they took pre-orders for over 2000 copies.

Nice to see these pictures though, congrats if you got your hands on one.
Post 74 • IP   flag post
Collector VaComicsGuy private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky49
Barnes & Noble sucks!! My wife pre-ordered this book for me from B&N and it never shipped. Called to find out what happened and the rep said they only had a limited number (100 maybe?) but that they took pre-orders for over 2000 copies.

Nice to see these pictures though, congrats if you got your hands on one.


That does suck.
Post 75 • IP   flag post
127348 75 25
Log in or sign up to compose a reply.
destitute