Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Art Original Artwork

Mock up commissions anyone??4025

Collector Sirtoddington private msg quote post Address this user
So I've been doing this more for fun & out of bordem. I've been taking commissions & mocking them up to see what they'd look like as a printed book. But as I am now laid off for the next few weeks I could use some extra cash to get myself by so thought.... Hell why not see if anyone out there with commissions would want something like these. So I'm officially offering my layout services to those with commissions that would like to have a fun mock up done. $45 for mockup. Here are some of my samples.

Post 1 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR DarthLego private msg quote post Address this user
Did you draw all those too?
Post 2 IP   flag post
That White Lantern Roxy is hawt.
Post 3 IP   flag post
Collector cbj102 private msg quote post Address this user
Beautiful work for sure but I'm afraid I'm not understanding the service you are offering.
Post 4 IP   flag post
I think what he is offering is to take artwork people have had commissioned and turn those into full fledged mock up covers.
Post 5 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthLego
Did you draw all those too?

Actually.... this is a yes & no answer. lol. I took OA commissions I've had done over the years by artists & mocked them up to have all the logos/ issue copy, etc added. BUT, I've completely redrawn all the logos/ titles, etc that I overlaid on top of the original artwork. So it's still takes a bit of time to deal with all the logos & such that need to be redone depending on the title that needs to be placed over the art.
Post 6 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by cbj102
Beautiful work for sure but I'm afraid I'm not understanding the service you are offering.

If you've had a commission done by a artist & would like to see it with titles/ logos copy added to look like an actual printed comic.... hence the term "Mock Up"
Post 7 IP   flag post
Collector OrbitCityComics private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:

I was wondering the same thing. Is it a book, is it just a drawing of a commissioned book?
Post 8 IP   flag post
So I would send a file of commissioned art and you can do a mock up cover?
Post 9 IP   flag post
Quote:
So I would send a file of commissioned art and you can do a mock up cover?

yes.
Post 10 IP   flag post
OK.... to clarify. a mock up is taking art/ photo's & adding all the book coverings (logos, copy, title's) to simulate a finished printed cover.

So taking your original commission like this......

& turning it into this...

Post 11 IP   flag post
Do you or can you color a B&W commission?
Post 12 IP   flag post
Quote:
Do you or can you color a B&W commission?

If you only have the original line art then yeah that's not a problem. I did this mock up with a Diego Bernard Harley commission I had done over Christmas. Usually I start them when I've received & scanned the line art from the artist so I can set the bleed/ trim areas for all the logos & text. Then all I really have to do is drop the colored art on & maybe tweek any masks that need to hide behind a figure.
Post 13 IP   flag post
So I would need a "digital" commission, hmmm very interesting I'll have to look into that, thanks for your patience.
Post 14 IP   flag post
A digital scan of your commission.
Post 15 IP   flag post
@cbj102 @DarthLego well... either a hi rez scan of the original line art (that you would naturally send to a colorist for a color commission) or a copy of the original color file you would receive from a colorist. When i get color commissions I only receive a digital file. I don't know any colorist that will send you an actual hard copy printed copy, though I'm sure they would find a way for an additional charge. lol.
Post 16 IP   flag post
598058 16 16
This topic is archived. Start new topic?