Originally Posted by TotalComicMayhem
Batman #635 1st Jason Todd as Red Hood

Batman #638 - Jason Todd revealed as Red Hood

NYX #3 - 1st X-23

Amazing Spider-Man #4 2014 - 1st Cindy Moon as Silk

Amazing Fantasy #15 volume 2 or 2004 series - 1st Amadeus Cho

Ultimate Fallout #4 - 1st Miles Morales Spider-Man

Amazing Spider-Man #654 - 1st Flash Thompson as Agent Venom

Just a pet peeve of mine....of all characters who should stay dead it was Jason Todd.
They made people call in and pay to vote if he should live or die.
Pretty sure my parents would not have let me call the number but I want a refund anyway
Post 51 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR DarthLego private msg quote post Address this user
I disagree, the Jason Todd Red Hood went on to give us the absolutely best Batman video game story ever made in Batman: Arkham Knight.
Post 52 IP   flag post
Collector Themaxx35 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by KatKomics
Quote:
Originally Posted by TotalComicMayhem
Batman #635 1st Jason Todd as Red Hood

Batman #638 - Jason Todd revealed as Red Hood

NYX #3 - 1st X-23

Amazing Spider-Man #4 2014 - 1st Cindy Moon as Silk

Amazing Fantasy #15 volume 2 or 2004 series - 1st Amadeus Cho

Ultimate Fallout #4 - 1st Miles Morales Spider-Man

Amazing Spider-Man #654 - 1st Flash Thompson as Agent Venom

Just a pet peeve of mine....of all characters who should stay dead it was Jason Todd.
Pretty sure my parents would not have let me call the number but I want a refund anyway

Normally, I would agree. I think comics need to have actual stakes. The threat of death needs to exist or there's no real drama. However, Jason Todd as the Red Hood has become one of my favorite characters. He's really a rich character and it would be a shame not to have his perspective in the bat-characters.
Post 53 IP   flag post
Collector Drogio private msg quote post Address this user
He was out of the continuity 16 years (Jan 89 to Feb 05). In today's comics where characters struggle to "stay dead" more than a year...that's pretty good...and to come back as an "anti hero" is fitting given the path he was heading down prior to his death. He's more popular now than when he was robin.

Seems like the only two marvel/DC characters that have stayed dead longer are Bucky Barnes (also resurrected as an anti hero) and captain marvel...who is set to return soon, I believe...)

Kinda like Bucky barnes's resurrection.
Post 54 IP   flag post
Rock, Paper, Scissors, Lizard, Spock Tedsaid private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by KatKomics

Here, here.

Quick trivia question for the group: in what issue (title + number) did Jason Todd die?
Post 55 IP   flag post

COLLECTOR conditionfreak private msg quote post Address this user
A Death in the Family, Batman 468 I think. The story was four issues long, but I think he actually died in 428.
Post 56 IP   flag post
Rock, Paper, Scissors, Lizard, Spock Tedsaid private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by conditionfreak
A Death in the Family, Batman 468 I think. The story was four issues long, but I think he actually died in 428.

Yep, that's what I - and everyone else - thought for years. But then I realized a few weeks ago: he didn't die in 428. His death was REVEALED in 428. But the explosion that killed him was at the end of 427.

Of course, it's a kind of Schrödinger's Todd situation there, isn't it? Because he didn't die until after everyone voted him off the island. Which happened AFTER 427 was published. So he was both dead and alive between the two issues.

Still, it's interesting that this hasn't come up. Overstreet does say specifically that 428 is the death of Jason Todd. And that's the current consensus, too. (And the cool cover art of course). But both CBCS and CGC put "Death" in quotation marks.

Not sure if that is due to the timing vs reveal of the death, or the fact that he came back later...
Post 57 IP   flag post
Collector TotalComicMayhem private msg quote post Address this user
LOL, I'm just rattling off some Modern Age keys...whether it's helping is a different story...

Incredible Hercules #133 - begins origin of Amadeus Cho

Fury of Firestorm #19 New 52 - 1st Caitlyn Snow Killer Frost

Justice League #31 New 52 - 1st full Jessica Cruz as Power Ring

Wolverine Origins #10 - 1st Daken

X-23 #1-5 2005 Limited Series (Innocence Lost) - begins X-23 origin.

What If? #105 volume 2 - 1st Spider-Girl May "Mayday" Parker

What If? Iron Man Demon In An Armor #1 - 1st appearance of Venompool in the story "What if the Venom Symbiote Possessed Deadpool?"

Venom Sinner Takes All #2 - 1st Cameo of She-Venom

Venom Sinner Takes All #3 - 1st full She-Venom
Post 58 IP   flag post
601275 58 8
This topic is archived. Start new topic?