Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
COLLECTOR JWKyle private msg quote post Address this user
I don't have a business plan for this but let me lay it out this way. Instead of me sending these to CGC to get a 22.83 per book to grade fee. I sent these to you guys and you charge me $22-$23 dollars a book to grade them instead of the $27.00 per book. This is the kind of books I'm talking about. Even having a conversation about it is a step in the right direction

Post 176 IP   flag post
CBCS Michael private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by I_AM_IRON_MAN
Personally, I think a noticeable price difference with a quality product would be the incentive for a lot of disgruntled CGC customers to make the switch. As it is right now, where is the incentive?

I hope part of the incentive is the corporate culture we have. If we had a plastics issue, we would not deny it and then delete a huge post. When we did have a plastics problem, we shut down and fixed it. We would never knowingly send out a comic book in an inferior case that was accused of causing damage. Believe me, if we could do it for a lot less, we would. I know price is important. For now, I will look into the bulk pricing issue, give discounts to people who have larger orders, and eventually get the programming done.
Post 177 IP   flag post
CBCS Michael private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by JWKyle
I don't have a business plan for this but let me lay it out this way. Instead of me sending these to CGC to get a 22.83 per book to grade fee. I sent these to you guys and you charge me $22-$23 dollars a book to grade them instead of the $27.00 per book. This is the kind of books I'm talking about. Even having a conversation about it is a step in the right direction

Until we can get programming done, call if you have an order like this.
Post 178 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR JWKyle private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael
Quote:
Originally Posted by JWKyle

Until we can get programming done, call if you have an order like this.
I will start getting something ready and will give you a call in a couple of weeks.
Post 179 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR DarthLego private msg quote post Address this user
@Michael Oh, I don't know if you have seen this suggestion, but a few weeks ago I made a suggestion that you guys add the feature to our dashboard to allow us to save drafts of invoices without going to final checkout. This would allow us to put together large orders over time and across multiple computers.
Post 180 IP   flag post

COLLECTOR shrewbeer private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael
Our web site is a completely custom site and any change is a big deal.

Changes to an online submission form (more checkboxes, pressing, different shipping for raw, bulk discount etc) is simple code and shouldnt take more than a day tops; no matter how custom your site is.

Unless my programmer is an anomaly, yours is either pulling your leg or he's just really bad at it.

Sorry to just jump in with such negativity. I do like your site and especially your service 👌🏻
Post 181 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR dielinfinite private msg quote post Address this user
@shrewbeer I would also argue that if the entirely custom site is making changes such a big deal then it may be worth looking into a pre-packaged option that allows more features and flexibility.
Post 182 IP   flag post
@shrewbeer There's another thing to consider, I think the current programmer isn't the original programmer. Depending on what that original person did or didn't do can cause unforeseen problems. I know whenever I work on my own sites I write myself little notes in the code so I remember what does what and why. If I looked at my own code a year later without a notes I'd probably spend hours figuring out why I did something here, or put something there.
Post 183 IP   flag post
There may come a point where CBCS needs to make a tough decision and cut losses with this site. If the code is such a mess, starting over from scratch will be faster, easier, cheaper.
Post 184 IP   flag post
598065 184 9
This topic is archived. Start new topic?