Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Questions

CBCS Case Swap video Real?3983

COLLECTOR DarthLego private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by RexMuff
Seems to me that precautions have been taken to prevent this sort of tom-foolery, so the issue is...has CGC begun to panic and "hire" secret agents to propagate a false sense of distrust in its competition? 🤔

Fixed that for you.
Post 101 IP   flag post
Ok, now the even more serious question!

Where is Jake?
Post 102 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR shrewbeer private msg quote post Address this user
I thought the label was just sealed in, and thought that was good enough. Having the label sealed like that to guarantee a tear if it is messed with is just genious. I, (and many others it seems) had no idea of this feature. This thread has proved its value 🍺👍🏻
Post 103 IP   flag post
How long ago was this started? I do have some new labels where it is not there.
Post 104 IP   flag post
Collector KingNampa private msg quote post Address this user
@SteveRicketts Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveRicketts
As mentioned earlier in the thread, the labels are now sealed into the inner well with a small tab.

Hey Steve, could you please tell us when this process started? Some new label comics don't have that seal on the labels.
Post 105 IP   flag post

Collector Mef private msg quote post Address this user
I have two books from June 2017 that do not have the labels heat sealed in. I subbed them myself so I'm not concerned about authenticity hopefully that date can be a point of reference.
Post 106 IP   flag post
Ima gonna steal this and look for some occasion to use it! IronMan private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingNampa
I have a bunch of unused CBCS cases that are intact. Can I return them to CBCS for a credit or something? Like recycling cans, etc.

I'll build up a stack of perfectly good slabs (outer holders) from Crack, press and resubmit. From all the grading companies. I used to sell them every 6-12 months on eBay. Collectors use them for display. Some even make up their own labels.

Last time I put a bunch in a local comic book store. They sold in a couple of days for $4 each.
Post 107 IP   flag post
I just went through my books. I have original labels with this feature very evident, so this isn't a new practice. However I have new labels where this feature is there, the feature is there but very subtle, and some where the feature is completely absent, including the 3 books from my last invoice. Some problems in QC or what?
Post 108 IP   flag post
My original labels are actually very noticeable with the heat seal going into them, none of my newer labels were sealed nearly as well.
Post 109 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR JWKyle private msg quote post Address this user
I have all new label slabs and some have it on one side, some have it on both and some have it on none. I would venture to say with this thread and facebook stuff happening ,books getting sealed tomorrow going forward with have the label sealed on it in some sort of fashion I would assume.
Post 110 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR shrewbeer private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthLego
My original labels are actually very noticeable with the heat seal going into them, none of my newer labels were sealed nearly as well.

Which means that the dirtbag who made this video either would have had to search the internets for two "error" slabs of the same book in order to make this happen, or he cut into the inner well more than implied and didnt show closeups for that reason.

Wth.
Post 111 IP   flag post
CBCS broke up with me over Facebook. CFP_Comics private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by IronMan
Quote:
I have a bunch of unused CBCS cases that are intact. Can I return them to CBCS for a credit or something? Like recycling cans, etc.

I'll build up a stack of perfectly good slabs (outer holders) from Crack, press and resubmit. From all the grading companies. I used to sell them every 6-12 months on eBay. Collectors use them for display. Some even make up their own labels.

Last time I put a bunch in a local comic book store. They sold in a couple of days for $4 each.

Well, I have thrown out thousands of dollars then.
Post 112 IP   flag post
@CFP_Comics send them my way...I'll make sure they are properly recycled.😉
Post 113 IP   flag post
If I could, I would. I swear. DrWatson private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by CFP_Comics
Quote:
Originally Posted by IronMan
Quote:

Well, I have thrown out thousands of dollars then.

Tens of thousands.
Post 114 IP   flag post
Collector rckstr1253 private msg quote post Address this user
Anyone have a cbcs case for sale? I want to protect a sketch that is on its way to me
Post 115 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user

Post 116 IP   flag post
@rckstr1253 ComicSkin.com
Post 117 IP   flag post
Collector KingNampa private msg quote post Address this user
@DarthLego

Post 118 IP   flag post
Ima gonna steal this and look for some occasion to use it! IronMan private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by rckstr1253
Anyone have a cbcs case for sale? I want to protect a sketch that is on its way to me

I only have some empty slabs of those other guys right now. But the problem is shipping, which is why it worked out so well that the newest comic store in town - owned by a friend - was willing to let me set a couple of boxes of them in the store for sale. When I sold them on eBay I sold them in groups of 3-4. Otherwise shipping is more way more than the empty slabs.

Mail one in a manila envelope first class mail and it probably arrives in pieces. A suitable box and some bubble wrap gets it there safely. For about $8.
Post 119 IP   flag post
Collector b00ch private msg quote post Address this user
new video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7sPunTy9R-g
Post 120 IP   flag post
This is bad news.

Brand new label, no heat seal going through it, in and out like a boss.

Wut now?
Post 121 IP   flag post
Collector GenuineCOA private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by shrewbeer
Quote:

Which means that the dirtbag who made this video either would have had to search the internets for two "error" slabs of the same book in order to make this happen, or he cut into the inner well more than implied and didnt show closeups for that reason.

Wth.

There is no reason to attack the character of a person whom you've. likely, never met, since you do not reference him by name. Let's elevate ourselves to a higher level of integrity. If this situation has already been addressed by CBCS, great (which, I believe they have). If not, then here is the opportunity to do so. But personal attacks made towards someone who is not even here to defend himself doesn't seem appropriate. Let's stay classy
Post 122 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by b00ch
new video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7sPunTy9R-g

The new video greatly disturbs me. That's being "next level" classy. Well put it that way.
Post 123 IP   flag post
Quote:
This is bad news.

Brand new label, no heat seal going through it, in and out like a boss.

Wut now?

It might be a fairly new book, but it's not a brand new book. It's yellow label and he said signed by Scottie Young in June.

I just got back some books from CBCS today. Here is a picture. They do this on both sides. All five books have it.

And I'd still point out that there are three million CGC graded books out there far easier to tamper with. Where is Torrey's concern about those? Where was his concern when - from July 2014 to June of 2016 CBCS had the much better, more tamper resistant case. Busy witnessing books for CGC is what he was doing.

Post 124 IP   flag post
There is obviously a problem, more than half of my new label slabs have no heat seal on the labels like they are supposed to.
Post 125 IP   flag post
@IronMan this conversation isn't about CGC.
Post 126 IP   flag post
I have all my original label slabs with the heat seal, it's not a new process. But half my new labels nothing, more of them with barely touching heat seals. There is a huge problem in the slabbing process and it's a new problem.
Post 127 IP   flag post
Collector KiloGraham private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
There is obviously a problem, more than half of my new label slabs have no heat seal on the labels like they are supposed to.

Same, just looked at 10 new slabs cbcs grades within the last 4 months. only 1 of the 10 were sealed on both sides, and the other 9 had very little sealing, like 1-2mm.
Post 128 IP   flag post
Well my old label reholder plan is now on hold. I'm not going to give up a secure heat sealed label in exchange for an unknown product. Get the QC in line CBCS.
Post 129 IP   flag post
Now the new video has gone poof. WTF?
Post 130 IP   flag post
597902 606 30
Thread locked. No more posts permitted. Return home.