Post 576 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR DarthLego private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Symbiote
@BigRedOne1944 Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRedOne1944
Quote:
If you don't like what Wal-Mart is selling, take your business to Target.

These are the kind of asinine replies that are of absolutely no help in advancing a reasonable solution to the topic at hand and helping CBCS establish themselves and their brand.

What's asinine is repeatedly doing the same thing and getting no results. If this company is not doing what you want, then find another company until they do. Some people would of rather complain than find a solution.

So your suggestion is to instead of seeking an answer and solution from CBCS about their product and brand, which I am a loyal customer of and respect their company, your suggestion is that I instead go to one of the other companies which I currently have no loyalty to or respect for? That's so freaking brilliant! Why didn't I think of that before?
Post 577 IP   flag post
Collector Symbiote private msg quote post Address this user
@BigRedOne1944 @DarthLego

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthLego
Why didn't I think of that before?

Because you find it much more enjoyable to sit here and complain.

If you respect this company as you claim to, then respect the fact that they'll tell you when they're ready to tell you.
Post 578 IP   flag post
Collector Logan510 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:

Quote:

If you respect this company as you claim to, then respect the fact that they'll tell you when they're ready to tell you.

It's much more productive to get offended on behalf of a group of people over nothing and try to get someone booted.

Right?
Post 579 IP   flag post
Collector KiloGraham private msg quote post Address this user

Post 580 IP   flag post

I'm a #2. BigRedOne1944 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Quote:
@BigRedOne1944 Quote:
Quote:

These are the kind of asinine replies that are of absolutely no help in advancing a reasonable solution to the topic at hand and helping CBCS establish themselves and their brand.

What's asinine is repeatedly doing the same thing and getting no results. If this company is not doing what you want, then find another company until they do. Some people would of rather complain than find a solution.

So your suggestion is to instead of seeking an answer and solution from CBCS about their product and brand, which I am a loyal customer of and respect their company, your suggestion is that I instead go to one of the other companies which I currently have no loyalty to or respect for? That's so freaking brilliant! Why didn't I think of that before?

It's obvious the guy just don't understand the concept of customer service and how Key it is in the success of any business, Especially a new company looking to gain Market Share. If I get a defective product from Wal-Mart, I simply go back and say "Excuse me this item doesn't work". They promptly, With no questions asked refund, replace or do what ever has to be done to ensure the customer is satisfied, thus ensuring that customer's repeat business. Which is EXACTLY why they are the world's biggest retailer. why would I go else where? Had they failed to take care of my needs as a consumer, I would have indeed taken my business else where.

What part of "Customer Service" do you not understand? NO company succeeds without listening and adapting to the concerns and needs of it's customers. Simple Business 101, you might want to brush up on it.

CBCS is no different. While I would very much like CBCS to be my go to service, If they fail to address and adapt to their customer's concerns and needs in order to ensure their repeat business, they will fail in gaining the Market share required for them to be recognized as a premier grading service, and I will INDEED take my business else where.

Its as simple as that. I think the good folks at CBCS have enough business sense to realize that in the world of collectibles such as comic books where fraud and greed are everywhere, Customer confidence in the security of that Authenticated product is KEY to their survival. Customer confidence in that security and slab is really the Only reason to even submit a book for grading. Without that customer confidence in the security of the product your dead to me.
Post 581 IP   flag post
Collector KiloGraham private msg quote post Address this user
Post 582 IP   flag post
Collector* Towmater private msg quote post Address this user

Post 583 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR shrewbeer private msg quote post Address this user
I just cracked a book out in prep for comicon. I used a can opener like the video, even put cloth in between it to be extra careful taking it apart. Tried my best to cut the label out clean as well.

Results: snapped off a corner of the tab, and the heat seal ripped off some of the label.

It's not nearly as easy to do as the video suggests.

Post 584 IP   flag post
If I could, I would. I swear. DrWatson private msg quote post Address this user

Post 585 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR DarthLego private msg quote post Address this user
Obviously, if heat seals are actually present...they are going to tear the label.
Post 586 IP   flag post
CBCS broke up with me over Facebook. CFP_Comics private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by shrewbeer
I just cracked a book out in prep for comicon. I used a can opener like the video, even put cloth in between it to be extra careful taking it apart. Tried my best to cut the label out clean as well.

Results: snapped off a corner of the tab, and the heat seal ripped off some of the label.

It's not nearly as easy to do as the video suggests.

Tile nippers work much better than a bottle/can opener.
Post 587 IP   flag post
CBCS broke up with me over Facebook. CFP_Comics private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by poka
As stated - personalities come to light in this thread

Understatement of the year.
Post 588 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR JWKyle private msg quote post Address this user
Here is the thing for me. I'm going to go ahead and pump the breaks a little on submitting books to CBCS until they do what they need to do. I have around 35 books in the pipeline and I'm going to let those go through. I was aware of the outer shells being easy to remove when CFD brought it up and I did some experimenting on my own. And yes with the right touch the slab does open pretty easy. I wasn't too concerned with it at the time because it wasn't "out" there and people where not too aware of some shenanigans they could pull. Well it's good and out there now. And if there is a way to con people someones going to be there to take advantage of it.

What I'm personally looking for is a outer case that is sealed to the point where it will show that it was opened or tampered with. Right now that outer shell is just too easy to be opened and reclosed. Someone could actually open a slab produce a ton of spine creases put it back in and a 9.8 slabbed book is no better then a 8.0 or so. I know that would have no purpose to destroy a book other that to say CBCS can't grade or look what they're putting out as 9.8's

The other thing about the label being better attached to the inner well would not be a issue really if that out shell is sealed better.
Post 589 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by CFP_Comics
Quote:
Originally Posted by poka
As stated - personalities come to light in this thread

Understatement of the year.

Post 590 IP   flag post
Collector Hexigore private msg quote post Address this user
Here's an idea:
Make the label out of a material that will combust when it hits the air. Then Insert a tiny dye pack in the case that explodes if the case is ever opened. That should do the trick.

Ridiculous?...yes. But then again, so is this thread.
Post 591 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaptainmyke
Nobody is asking for re holders or refunds. What is wrong with you people? Are we not grown adults?

+1 just more ridiculous comments by people looking to put spin on the topic.

Nevermind.
Post 592 IP   flag post
Collector Midnightowl private msg quote post Address this user
@kaptainmyke I'm pretty sure he's agreeing with you.
Post 593 IP   flag post
Collector infinityG private msg quote post Address this user
I leave for a few days....

i'm glad i'm not a flipper.
Post 594 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user

Post 595 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hexigore
Here's an idea:
Make the label out of a material that will combust when it hits the air. Then Insert a tiny dye pack in the case that explodes if the case is ever opened. That should do the trick.

Ridiculous?...yes. But then again, so is this thread.

Post 596 IP   flag post
@BigRedOne1944

Quote:

If I get a defective product from Wal-Mart, I simply go back and say "Excuse me this item doesn't work". They promptly, With no questions asked refund, replace or do what ever has to be done to ensure the customer satisfied...

Had they failed to take care of my needs as a consumer, I would have indeed taken my business else where

What part of "Customer Service" do you not understand?

I understand that you just proved my point that people want a re-slab/refund

You also just agreed with my previous post

Quote:
Post 597 IP   flag post
Ima gonna steal this and look for some occasion to use it! IronMan private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRig
Lmao we don't know what to think yet the gods havent told us what to think. Yeah if CBCS corrected it's mistake it might make them go bankrupt. Its called being accountable. If you make a mistake you correct it simple. I can tell you my hulk 181 is worth 2k and complete but when you get it in your hand it doesn't have a MVS. Worth it then? You wouldn't be mad that I sold you something that wasn't what I claimed it was right? You wouldn't want a replacement or your money back either. Yeah I guess we are all just over reacting...

The idea of CBCS reslabbing all the books done so far is gross overreacting. CGC's Generation 1 case - just as easy or easier to open up and tamper - is encapsulating "over 3 million comics" according to CGC. Do you see any offer from CGC to reholder all of those 3 million plus books into their Generation 2 holder? And did I mention that magazines being slabbed by CGC right NOW are generation 1 holders?

This is a potential problem. Potential. The sky is not falling. People accept CGC and CBCS books (and with CGC magazines) for what they are.
Post 598 IP   flag post
Collector robertofredrico private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by IronMan
CGC's Generation 1 case - just as easy or easier to open up and tamper - is encapsulating "over 3 million comics" according to CGC.

You keep saying that, but I still think you're wrong.

You can open them, sure. But they don't just "snap" back together like CBCS holders, leaving no evidence of tampering.

You try to put a CGC holder (any generation) back together, it's pretty evident. I've seen people try but fail.
Post 599 IP   flag post
Collector jrs private msg quote post Address this user
Let's not forget that part of the appeal of using a grading company is, well, the grade. Obviously, we all value that service to some degree or we would not be here.

The potential for fraud always exists, but all of us share the same hope that CBCS continues to succeed and develops the best tamper-resistent, tamper-evident case in the industry. The issue has been flagged; we should assume they are working on it.
Post 600 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by IronMan
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRig
Lmao we don't know what to think yet the gods havent told us what to think. Yeah if CBCS corrected it's mistake it might make them go bankrupt. Its called being accountable. If you make a mistake you correct it simple. I can tell you my hulk 181 is worth 2k and complete but when you get it in your hand it doesn't have a MVS. Worth it then? You wouldn't be mad that I sold you something that wasn't what I claimed it was right? You wouldn't want a replacement or your money back either. Yeah I guess we are all just over reacting...

The idea of CBCS reslabbing all the books done so far is gross overreacting. CGC's Generation 1 case - just as easy or easier to open up and tamper - is encapsulating "over 3 million comics" according to CGC. Do you see any offer from CGC to reholder all of those 3 million plus books into their Generation 2 holder? And did I mention that magazines being slabbed by CGC right NOW are generation 1 holders?

This is a potential problem. Potential. The sky is not falling. People accept CGC and CBCS books (and with CGC magazines) for what they are.

Your post is too logical. It doesn't belong in this thread with all the post made by the chicken little crowd (sky is falling reference).

Quote:
Originally Posted by robertofredrico

You keep saying that, but I still think you're wrong.

You can open them, sure. But they don't just "snap" back together like CBCS holders, leaving no evidence of tampering.

You try to put a CGC holder (any generation) back together, it's pretty evident. I've seen people try but fail.

Did you send back in all your books for reslabbing with Newton Rings and the creep engine issue or with the possibility of it? I guess you got your 20% off when you did that. How much did you spend when you did that?
Post 601 IP   flag post
@Logan510 Quote:
Originally Posted by Logan510
Quote:

Quote:

It's much more productive to get offended on behalf of a group of people over nothing and try to get someone booted.

Right?

Now, why you gotta bring that up again? Everyone in the wrong apologized.

It's over.
Post 602 IP   flag post
Collector RexMuff private msg quote post Address this user
Oooo...Plot twist!
Insert Popcorn meme here😂
Post 603 IP   flag post
Collector Logan510 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
@Logan510 Quote:
Quote:

Quote:

Right?

Now, why you gotta bring that up again? Everyone in the wrong apologized.

It's over.

Your thing is telling people how they should feel, mine is pointing that out.

We can't help ourselves
Post 604 IP   flag post
@Logan510

Quote:
Your thing is telling people how they should feel, mine is pointing that out.

We can't help ourselves

... says @Logan510 who tells people whether or not they should be offended

That's the best you can do?

Please let's get back to the topic at hand before @Logan510 gets this thread locked for trying to stir-up a conversation that has already been resolved.

We are patiently awaiting a response from CBCS about the slabbing problem.
Post 605 IP   flag post
601280 606 30
Thread locked. No more posts permitted. Return home.