Collector KingNampa private msg quote post Address this user
@SteveRicketts @Jake_Fleming

Damage control please, goodluck.
Post 27 IP   flag post
Collector QuaBrot private msg quote post Address this user
Popcorn
Post 28 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR dielinfinite private msg quote post Address this user
@KingNampa I think this'll blow over in a day or two just like it did when I demonstrated something similar a few months ago.

While I'd love a more tamper-proof design, that would take a while to design and bring to market all the while people are still waiting for magazine-sized slabs. Though it'd be nice to get the more tamper-proof design implemented on the magazine slabs which I'm sure will be here #soon, then implement it into comic slabs shortly after
Post 29 IP   flag post
@dielinfinite but now this design flaw is being talked about on YouTube and cgc forums for the 1st time. Going viral would be very bad 😐😑
Post 30 IP   flag post

COLLECTOR shrewbeer private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingNampa
I'm confused, inner labels are not sealed in the Mylar. There is an opening on either side where you can pull it out.

Now I'm confused. I (and others posting) thought they were sealed. The guy who made the video says he had to use scissors as well to get the label free from the inner well

TBT I've never actually looked/checked to see if it would slip out; just assumed it was sealed in bc it looks to be.
Post 31 IP   flag post
Collector JackJericho private msg quote post Address this user
Notice how everything is done off camera?
Notice how he doesn't show close-ups of the cases before or after to show any signs of tampering?
I could do the same thing with a CGC or PGX case and if I don't show you the area that was tampered with afterwards it's a moot point.
The video proves nothing.
The narrator is selling you a bs claim.
Post 32 IP   flag post
Collector ONLINE_209 private msg quote post Address this user
one way to fixit would be to put a heat embossed stamp on the inner case around the comic itself would cost more for the techonology but it would help fix this issue
Post 33 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR DarthLego private msg quote post Address this user
Damage Control is what CGC does. We don't need that, we need an actual solution. Popping clips without creating physical damage to the plastic is a bad deal, and it needs to be fixed ASAP.
Post 34 IP   flag post
Collector RyanHicks private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by shrewbeer
Quote:
I'm confused, inner labels are not sealed in the Mylar. There is an opening on either side where you can pull it out.

Now I'm confused. I (and others posting) thought they were sealed. The guy who made the video says he had to use scissors as well to get the label free from the inner well

TBT I've never actually looked/checked to see if it would slip out; just assumed it was sealed in bc it looks to be.

I can tell you with certainty, the labels are sealed in the inner sleeve on CBCS cases (not on CGC's; you can slide the label out once the inner well is removed from a CGC case). I have cracked many, many CBCS slabs and they are all sealed; only way to remove the label is to cut the inner well which the guy in the video admitted he had to do.
Post 35 IP   flag post
Collector RexMuff private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
@dielinfinite but now this design flaw is being talked about on YouTube and cgc forums for the 1st time. Going viral would be very bad 😐😑

Agreed, very bad. Isn't the tamper-proof case an integral part of the legitimacy of the service? Seems like an issue that should be addressed
Post 36 IP   flag post
@RyanHicks that's what I thought, but haven't cracked enough cbcs books to be certain.

Someone could make a CGC or PGX video demonstrating the same thing here, I think its just someone trying to make cbcs look bad
Post 37 IP   flag post
CBCS broke up with me over Facebook. CFP_Comics private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanHicks
Quote:
Originally Posted by shrewbeer
Quote:

I can tell you with certainty, the labels are sealed in the inner sleeve on CBCS cases (not on CGC's; you can slide the label out once the inner well is removed from a CGC case). I have cracked many, many CBCS slabs and they are all sealed; only way to remove the label is to cut the inner well which the guy in the video admitted he had to do.

While true, if the plastic was cut carefully enough to slide out the label it would be difficult to detect once back in the outer holder. While there are many who would know what to look for, the masses who buy on eBay may never know that a swap has taken place.

While not the end of the world, this should raise some concerns with the powers that be at CBCS.
Post 38 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR dielinfinite private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by JackJericho
Notice how everything is done off camera?
Notice how he doesn't show close-ups of the cases before or after to show any signs of tampering?
I could do the same thing with a CGC or PGX case and if I don't show you the area that was tampered with afterwards it's a moot point.
The video proves nothing.
The narrator is selling you a bs claim.

The guy on the video may not be doing the best job to show that a slab can be cracked and resealed without damage but CFP and I already posted in this thread showing it can
Post 39 IP   flag post
Collector Mef private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by dielinfinite
The guy on the video may not be doing the best job to show that a slab can be cracked and resealed without damage but CFP and I already posted in this thread showing it can

This!
Post 40 IP   flag post
Collector DocBrown private msg quote post Address this user
Yes, I have popped the clips without damaging them, though since I was doing it for CPR, I had no intention of putting them back together.

However, it's possible.
Post 41 IP   flag post
Quoting for greatness. Especially the 7th paragraph.

Stephen Bagley comment on this topic on the facebook CBCS group page

"First off, these are the Phase 1 labels. They were not heat sealed into the inner plastic like they do now. But they were still REALLY tough to remove without damaging them.
You had to take your time and be VERY VERY careful to have any chance of doing it.
It would not be this quick.

This means that this whole thing was planned and prepped ahead of time to "look" bad. You will notice he does not do it on camera. That's bologna. He doesn't want you to know how? Yeah right. He just doesn't want you to see the setup.

It is IMPOSSIBLE TO DO WHAT HE DID IN THIS VIDEO THIS FAST. it cannot be done AT ALL with the new labels and procedures that cbcs does, and it cannot be done this fast without significant apparentness that it was done with the older labels.

He did not just "slip the labels back into the other books" on these. Not this fast. Impossible. I've cracked and dealt with all CBCS cases and labels since they opened their doors.

This is boooooogus!! This was setup and prepped ahead of time, and was purposefully done "off camera" and without close ups in order to fool everyone.

and this doesn't even mention the BIG MISTAKE he made if he was truly trying to fool someone with this.

Guys, your books are completely safe and secure and authentic with CBCS. All you have to do is scan the QR code on the back of the label of ANY cbcs book, look at the graders notes and verify that this is the book for that label.

It is IMPOSSIBLE to completely hide the fact that the case and inner plastic and label were tampered with. Even with the older labels. The newer ones just have an added level of security by heat sealing the label to the plastic."
Post 42 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
if u look at my new RAM cases, u can see the label is heatsealed into the plastic housing
Post 43 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user

Post 44 IP   flag post
@kaptainmyke Good to know. Now if they just glue the clips we are all good.
Post 45 IP   flag post
Ok, the labels are sealed, we know this. There is still a problem, confirmed by several members of this forum (some of whom have attempted to raise this issue in the past), that the clips can be popped and replaced without damaging them or the slab. This is a concern I very much think should be addressed, regardless of this video. It should have been addressed when first raised last year, and even more so now.
Post 46 IP   flag post
If I could, I would. I swear. DrWatson private msg quote post Address this user
I don't really care. Don't buy an expensive book without holding it in hand unless it's from a seller you trust.
Post 47 IP   flag post
A drop of this inside each tab would even solve the problem. Youd have to mangle the tab to get it off

Post 48 IP   flag post
I'm thinking that UV curing glue might be a good solution too.
Post 49 IP   flag post
Do you know what either of those solutions would do to turn around times? Encapsulation is already a major sticking point to TATs. Everything would slow to a crawl.
Post 50 IP   flag post
Yeah, 30 seconds per slab.
Post 51 IP   flag post
How do you know?
Post 52 IP   flag post
I use glue.
Post 53 IP   flag post
he's just saying it take's no time to use some glue. duh
Post 54 IP   flag post
Video censored 😐😑

Post 55 IP   flag post
600823 606 30
Thread locked. No more posts permitted. Return home.