Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Questions

CBCS Case Swap video Real?3983

Collector* Towmater private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveRicketts
I think this thread has run it’s course for now. It’s being derailed, and that is going to stop here. We really don’t want to lock this thread.

CBCS will make an announcement when we have one to make. Today is Saturday. Everyone returns to the office on Monday, so please stop with the drama until we get back to you. I appreciate the passion, but really…

As for the incessant trolling, it stops here. Consider this the only warning. Your fate lies in your own hands. Or, fingers, I suppose.

I was gone and missed a bunch. Going back and reading all the back and forth, and he said she said trolling I have to

For stepping in and posting the above. Steve,

Post 401 IP   flag post
Collector Logan510 private msg quote post Address this user
Well, that was an embarrassing display.

Post 402 IP   flag post
Naw, it was honest. All the dishonesty in the thread was making it hard for me to...ya know. Glad Steve posted. It calmed it down instantaneously. People took him at his word.
Post 403 IP   flag post
CBCS broke up with me over Facebook. CFP_Comics private msg quote post Address this user
Still embarrassing.
Post 404 IP   flag post

Post 405 IP   flag post

Collector MPREZYA private msg quote post Address this user
Sadly I didn't join this forum till now but I figure to chime in. I was the one asking on the video comments about if he kept that label and could show the lower right side. It looked from 1080p screen caps to have the melt over on the label that I also showed in the Facebook group (the one attached is from the video at @3:10 after he replaced and closed the slab). Funny he said he threw it away since it was going to get signed by someone else. I just got 19 books back as well from CBCS and all had 1/4" melt over run on both sides of the label.

I hope everyone realizes you would have to luck out on getting a label of a lower grade & higher grade that is of the same book and both have no damage from that melt over run. It would cost more money to do that than you might even make with all that hassle. I'd rather play the power ball as it's probably similar odds and way less of a payout.
I'm sure the CBCS staff will enact some tougher QC to ensure that overrun is more prevalent from now going forward.

On a side note I've had some CGC books and even new cases that I could open enough to potentially swap a label since their glue spot is mid slab and even then not always enough to hold it. I for one wouldn't mind a separate CBCS shield melt on the labels as a further assurance to prevent

While it may be an issue it's not as "end of the world" as it's made out to be and can be further addressed with that minor QC change. CGC would have to do more as their labels have no real way to prevent or clue in a label swap (especially old as we've seen).

Post 406 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR DarthLego private msg quote post Address this user
No, luck involved. You can see from seller photos if the heat seal is there or is completely missing. Like this one:

Post 407 IP   flag post
Collector MPREZYA private msg quote post Address this user
True but then you have to find the same book (in this case signed by the same person since it's yellow) in lower or higher grade to swap that doesn't have the over run and show the defect.
I've attached my 2 Manara Variants I cracked that were early new label books that the overflow defect is visible on (that's how I learned about it as a hidden tamper proof). If I swapped both labels it would still be noticeable if you looked. Any CBCS book I was interested in I check the grader notes as well as now those heat melt marks (especially on newer as it is unknown if that was consistently done on older though I have about 70+ newer that have one or both sides done).

It's not perfect and that a where QC for that needs to be addressed and discussed to ensure at least one side(or both) have a positive heat melt into the label at minimum. Maybe as I mentioned a CBCS shield shaped melt on the label as an additional very visible tamper deterrent could be added. If anything it will prove how and why CBCS is doing more to prevent & protect tampering beyond just cases for the benefit of our hobby & this industry (which in turn hopefully gets others to do the same).

Sadly as someone else mentioned if people want something or think it's worthwhile to scam/steal from others they'll figure out a way to do it no matter what preventative measures are put in place.

Post 408 IP   flag post

Once the DNA crowd shows up, this party is gonna be legendary.
Post 409 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR BigRig private msg quote post Address this user

Post 410 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRig

Post 411 IP   flag post
If I could, I would. I swear. DrWatson private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Towmater
Once the DNA crowd shows up, this party is gonna be legendary.

Who is the DNA crowd?
Post 412 IP   flag post
Collector KingNampa private msg quote post Address this user
#soon on an update from CBCS
Post 413 IP   flag post
@DrWatson The ones who make the party legendary, of course. That's kind of self-apparent.
Post 414 IP   flag post
Collector RexMuff private msg quote post Address this user
Be patient, steves in your closet right now puttin heat seals on all ur slabs.😁😂😳
Post 415 IP   flag post
If I could, I would. I swear. DrWatson private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
@DrWatson The ones who make the party legendary, of course. That's kind of self-apparent.

I guess I was wondering what DNA stood for.
Post 416 IP   flag post
Did someone say legendary party?

Post 417 IP   flag post
Collector vabchgent private msg quote post Address this user
Did I hear legendary party.
Post 418 IP   flag post
Collector RexMuff private msg quote post Address this user
When and where? I'll bring the giggity
Post 419 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by RexMuff
Be patient, steves in your closet right now puttin heat seals on all ur slabs.😁😂😳

Post 420 IP   flag post
I'm good with splotches. Nuffsaid111 private msg quote post Address this user
My popcorn bag is eaten 8x over now after 4 days and one million posts.
I think I'm getting a stomach ache.
Post 421 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuffsaid111
My popcorn bag is eaten 8x over now after 4 days and one million posts.
I think I'm getting a stomach ache.

Post 422 IP   flag post
Collector DocBrown private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveRicketts
I think this thread has run it’s course for now. It’s being derailed, and that is going to stop here. We really don’t want to lock this thread.

CBCS will make an announcement when we have one to make. Today is Saturday. Everyone returns to the office on Monday, so please stop with the drama until we get back to you. I appreciate the passion, but really…

As for the incessant trolling, it stops here. Consider this the only warning. Your fate lies in your own hands. Or, fingers, I suppose.

I was gone and missed a bunch. Going back and reading all the back and forth, and he said she said trolling I have to

For stepping in and posting the above. Steve,

Very, very much agreed, although there might still be some confusion about just who was trolling whom.

Regardless, it was beyond necessary, and very much appreciated.
Post 423 IP   flag post
Going to need some boots in here now...
Post 424 IP   flag post

Post 425 IP   flag post

Post 426 IP   flag post
https://forum.cbcscomics.com/topic/2434/page/1/so-i-was-cracking-a-slab/
Post 427 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR JLS_Comics private msg quote post Address this user

Post 428 IP   flag post

Post 429 IP   flag post

Post 430 IP   flag post
600892 606 30
Thread locked. No more posts permitted. Return home.