Questions

CBCS Case Swap video Real?3983

COLLECTOR DarthLego private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by keefriffhards
I can't find the video on youtube....

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=08L5wbwqqSI
Post 376 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
when did CGC state they were not going to honor CBCS yellow labels?
Post 377 IP   flag post
Idk, that has been the universal grapevine
Post 378 IP   flag post
Collector poka private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaptainmyke
when did CGC state they were not going to honor CBCS yellow labels?

I have seen it in forums and it is not really surprising. Try to write anything in the cgc chatforum which contains cbcs and it will be deleted by moderators within 24 hours. There is a reason they use voldemort.
Post 379 IP   flag post
I'm a #2. BigRedOne1944 private msg quote post Address this user
I am in agreement with DarthLego

This is purely a security flaw with CBCS, nothing ELSE matters.

I don't believe the "heat sealed Labels" were ever intended to be a security measure as much as they were a flaw in the QC department.

The whole point of authenticating and slabbing a book in the first place is SECURITY. without that you might as well just keep it raw.

Until CBCS implements a "REAL" security feature into their slabs I would not be inclined to use their services. I would also be hesitant in purchasing CBCS books online for the same reason.

Implementing a legit security measure will surely go a long way in securing my future business.

Healthy competition is absolutely needed, so I wish nothing but the best for CBCS and their continued success. Its a tough road to haul for a start up company going up against the established Goliath. Hopefully CBCS can stay the coarse and do the right thing here, to again buck the system and set themselves apart from the crowd.

I believe they can do it.
Post 380 IP   flag post

Honestly - the video doesn't contain any new information. Can the cbcs slab be better and more secure - yes - like most cgc slabs on the market.

The video will not stop me from buying cgc nor cbcs slabs - as with everything else - just need to use a common sense of sceptism.
Post 381 IP   flag post
@poka

Maybe for you. Myself and others learned quite a bit of new information about the CBCS from the video. We also learned new information about the slab from the CBCS response to the video. And by studying our own slabs based on what CBCS said, we discovered a serious QC issue. I'd say that a lot of new information has resulted from the video.
Post 382 IP   flag post
There are three things which the video has achieved

1. Cause fear level to inc are whether my comic in my cbcs slab is the same as the one got graded.
2. Force CBCS to provide a response - which will be interesting
3. Provide knowledge to a wider audience including those with undesirable motives of how to open a cbcs slab.
Post 383 IP   flag post
4. Exposed a very real vulnerability.
5. Revealed a serious QC problem.

Fixed that for you.
Post 384 IP   flag post
@DarthLego joe repeatedly has said that he can open a slab in 2 min with no evidence of tampering. did anyone ask any questions? no - no one . i guess you now believe him
Post 385 IP   flag post
CBCS broke up with me over Facebook. CFP_Comics private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by poka
@DarthLego joe repeatedly has said that he can open a slab in 2 min with no evidence of tampering. did anyone ask any questions? no - no one . i guess you now believe him

I am going to demonstrate cracking out slabs at the Chicago dinner on Saturday.
Post 386 IP   flag post
@poka I believe my own eyes. I also believe several other members of this forum who have repeatedly said they open cases on a regular basis without damaging the case. Do you honestly think every single one of these members is lying to you?
Post 387 IP   flag post
CBCS has not denied the ease of opening the outer shell, it is in fact the very reason they put out the statement about the heat seal preventing the label from being removed cleanly. And we now know that that feature is not consistently present on all the slabs, making those slabs vulnerable to unscrupulous activities.
Post 388 IP   flag post
All I am saying is that the ease to open the outer shell really should not come as any surprise
Post 389 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by CFP_Comics
Quote:

Does that include the new cgc slab?
Post 390 IP   flag post
If I could, I would. I swear. DrWatson private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
All I am saying is that the ease to open the outer shell really should not come as any surprise

The outer shell was never designed to be impenetrable. Some people do want to crack books out from time to time for various reasons.

Just like the cgc Jason Ewert micro trimming scandal years ago, people aren't doing this with your IG-88 Star Wars Action Figure variant. If they are going to invest their time, it's going to be for a larger return.
Post 391 IP   flag post
CBCS broke up with me over Facebook. CFP_Comics private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by CFP_Comics
Quote:

Does that include the new cgc slab?

Actually, yes.
Post 392 IP   flag post
If I could, I would. I swear. DrWatson private msg quote post Address this user
Plus, I think CBCS should really take some time to discuss this internally. If I were them, I would postpone any comments until the end of the week.
Post 393 IP   flag post
@CFP_Comics that one I am curious about, haven't been able to work it out yet
Post 394 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR JLS_Comics private msg quote post Address this user
This is still going? This thread is really just going in circles at this point
Post 395 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR Foghorn_Sam private msg quote post Address this user
The label should be heat sealed embossed to the inner well so it can't be removed without destroying it. I'm not talking about along the edges, but embossed with the CBCS logo, it could even be part of the CBCS logo to be less obtrusive. It would kind of give the logo a slight 3 dimensional look. If done right, it might look pretty cool and make the label darn near tamper proof.
Post 396 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
I like comics. (bump)
Post 397 IP   flag post
Collector Symbiote private msg quote post Address this user
@DarthLego

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthLego
@poka

Maybe for you. Myself and others learned quite a bit of new information about the CBCS from the video. We also learned new information about the slab from the CBCS response to the video. And by studying our own slabs based on what CBCS said, we discovered a serious QC issue. I'd say that a lot of new information has resulted from the video.

Darth, was the CBCS response in this thread? I must have missed it amongst the 397 replies.
Post 398 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR JLS_Comics private msg quote post Address this user
@symbiote

Here you go:

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveRicketts
Quote:
I was well aware of how easy the old CGC slab was, I thought that was common knowledge for anyone who cared.

Which slab is best right now is kind of irrelevant imo.

I think the real question should be this. If the serious concerns of people can be solved by four dabs of glue? Then why resist actually solving that concern? And if that isn't logistically feasible, let's hear a solution that is.

I'm looking forward to the response from CBCS. This isn't something that would stop me from submitting books, but it dang sure is something that will effect how I purchase slabbed books from other people going forward.

Four dabs of glue are not the answer. We tested this when we started up, and here were our observations...

1) We were concerned about the possible effects of the glue off-gassing.

2) We made samples of cases with the clips glued and showed them to test subjects, without their knowledge. The subjects commented that the spot where the glue was looked like a crack in the case.

3) We had concerns of putting a liquid, especially glue, anywhere near someone's comic book because that is an accident waiting to happen. We don't even let employees have drinks on surfaces near comics. We determined that just wasn't in the best interest of the company.

We're always working to improve our product and procedures. As mentioned earlier in the thread, the labels are now sealed into the inner well with a small tab. This was by design in effort to make it harder for nefarious individuals to tamper with the holder.
Post 399 IP   flag post
Collector RexMuff private msg quote post Address this user
And a few mo

Quote:
In case you guys didn't see this; Steve Paulus posted this on the Facebook thread...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Paulus
The YouTube video shows a person swapping labels between two CBCS graded books. What is not shown is the person creating the video cutting the inner wells in order to cleanly remove the labels. No design is foolproof and criminals always try and get around security measures, be it currency, software or comic book cases. We are always looking to improve our product and services and have changed procedures during encapsulation that make it even harder for someone to switch labels. One such improvement was the extension of the heat seal to include part of the label, which effectively secures the label to the inner well. What has not changed is the ability of CBCS customers to have instant and free access to grader notes. The grader notes provide valuable information on the condition of the book and can provide customers the reassurance that tampering has not occurred.
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Paulus
One such improvement was the extension of the heat seal to include part of the label, which effectively secures the label to the inner well.

This is something I was not previously aware of. I had noticed it before, but I didn't realize it was an intentional security measure. This is reassuring information.

Yes, we did it so if someone pulls the label out, there will be a tear on it.
Post 400 IP   flag post
Collector* Towmater private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
I think this thread has run it’s course for now. It’s being derailed, and that is going to stop here. We really don’t want to lock this thread.

CBCS will make an announcement when we have one to make. Today is Saturday. Everyone returns to the office on Monday, so please stop with the drama until we get back to you. I appreciate the passion, but really…

As for the incessant trolling, it stops here. Consider this the only warning. Your fate lies in your own hands. Or, fingers, I suppose.

I was gone and missed a bunch. Going back and reading all the back and forth, and he said she said trolling I have to

For stepping in and posting the above. Steve,

Post 401 IP   flag post
Collector Logan510 private msg quote post Address this user
Well, that was an embarrassing display.

Post 402 IP   flag post
Naw, it was honest. All the dishonesty in the thread was making it hard for me to...ya know. Glad Steve posted. It calmed it down instantaneously. People took him at his word.
Post 403 IP   flag post
Still embarrassing.
Post 404 IP   flag post

Post 405 IP   flag post
600782 606 30
Thread locked. No more posts permitted. Return home.