Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Questions

CBCS Case Swap video Real?3983

COLLECTOR JWKyle private msg quote post Address this user
IQuote:
Originally Posted by CFP_Comics
I cracked out 3 CBCS slabs today. All three of the labels were held tightly to the inner well in the heat seal. In order to get them out completely I had to tear the label. I have a few of my own CBCS slabs here to check. I will look later on tonight.
I'm glad the labels were secured into the inner well on the ones you cracked out. I know awhile back there was some discussion about how the inner well could be removed and reinstalled into the outer shell. I really believe the label is going to have to be secured to the inner well and the outer shell is going to have to show some sort of visible damage if it's been opened.
Post 251 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
this one isn't sealed.

Post 252 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user

none of my riveting ones are sealed up past the clear plastic.
Post 253 IP   flag post

Post 254 IP   flag post

Brand new case from March-May i think?
Post 255 IP   flag post

I don't believe it's a security feature. At all. Sorry just sayin'.
Post 256 IP   flag post
Collector KiloGraham private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaptainmyke
I don't believe it's a security feature. At all. Sorry just sayin'.

I agree.

When I received my slabs back I actually thought the slight bit of sealing on to the label was because of poor placement of either the label or the location of the heat source during the sealing, not a security measure.

Security features need to be visible, if the labels were sealed through all the way up you could look at it and say "it's sealed so the label can't be removed."
Post 257 IP   flag post
I applaud CBCS for it's past corrections and measures to improve customer satisfaction. I am sure this will all be resolved in due time. As previous people have stated, there will always be someone there to try and cheat the system.
Post 258 IP   flag post
Collector PeteN private msg quote post Address this user
agree with the kaptain...if it was a security feature, its incredibly inconsistent...for my books...some slabs have both sides heat sealed, some has one side only...some first gen label slabs have it, some dont, same with the rivet label for me, one does, one doesnt...new label is the same...and it doesn't matter if its yellow sig or red verified sig...seems to be inconsistent throughout all color types.
Post 259 IP   flag post
Collector eblkheart private msg quote post Address this user
I don't know if it would look bad on the case, but they need to put some sort of seal like a butterfly band-aid (but smaller)hologram sticker around the top edges. If the person tries to unseal it, the sticker will partially remain on the case it self. Kinda like a multi-layer type seal. I'm sure there would be ways around it, but this could circumvent some attempts on cracking these open, but not all. Just an idea.
Post 260 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR DarthLego private msg quote post Address this user
How about an embossed logo heat stamped right into the label through the plastic? That would be about impossible to remove the label without destroying it.
Post 261 IP   flag post
Inventory:

Original Labels
Heat seal both sides: 5
No heat seals: 1

Rivet Labels
Heat seal both sides: 4

New Labels
Heat seal both sides: 6
Heat seal only one side: 4
No heat seals: 7
Post 262 IP   flag post

That dark line is actually a hair.
Post 263 IP   flag post

This one just barely touching on left side, but not enough for me to count it as one.
Post 264 IP   flag post

Post 265 IP   flag post

Post 266 IP   flag post

Post 267 IP   flag post

Another with a barely touch on left.
Post 268 IP   flag post

Post 269 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR shrewbeer private msg quote post Address this user
Thats a 30% failure rate on your end. Not good if this is supposed to be a security measure 😬
Post 270 IP   flag post
Collector KingNampa private msg quote post Address this user
So to summarize this whole thread:

1. CBCS case all versions can be easily opened with beer bottle opener or similar, with little to no sign of tampering.

2. Some labels were inconsistently heat-sealed; removing them would show evidence of tampering. BUT a lot cases, even new ones are NOT heat sealed.

3.Bottom line: Current CBCS cases have very little tamper protection.

CBCS Please come up with a fix and let us know, Thank you!
Post 271 IP   flag post
BTW, anyone take a really close up look at a new *cough* PGX *cough* label lately? Like right around the *urrrrp* label edges?
Post 272 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthLego
BTW, anyone take a really close up look at a new *cough* PGX *cough* label lately? Like right around the *urrrrp* label edges?

No. Out with it man!
Post 273 IP   flag post
PGX labels have the same "security measure" on their new label and cases. Is, what he's saying, if you know what I'm sayin'.
Post 274 IP   flag post
Just looked at a few. The heat seal seems to go all the way up. Balls.
Post 275 IP   flag post
@shrewbeer Yeah, balls.
Post 276 IP   flag post
Collector Symbiote private msg quote post Address this user
@DrWatson Quote:
Originally Posted by DrWatson
Quote:
Originally Posted by Logan510
Quote:
Originally Posted by IronMan
A friend said it best to me an hour ago.
"I just want to enjoy comics".

If that's true, he shouldn't even be aware of any of this.

When I think about it, I was the happiest when I had my raw Bronze Age X-Men, Avengers, and Fantastic Four in long boxes. Graded books are a pain in the ass.

Post 277 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR conditionfreak private msg quote post Address this user
Finally watched the latest video (never saw the first version), and I have to say. I do not think there was any bad intentions on the part of the video poster. I actually think he has provided a service to the community/hobby/investors.

I guess it depends on how one views what Edward Snowden did.

Telling us something we needed to know. Or trying to hurt the country (or in this case, a business).
Post 278 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by conditionfreak
Finally watched the latest video (never saw the first version), and I have to say. I do not think there was any bad intentions on the part of the video poster. I actually think he has provided a service to the community/hobby/investors.

I guess it depends on how one views what Edward Snowden did.

Telling us something we needed to know. Or trying to hurt the country (or in this case, a business).

Exactly. Which is why I tried to get a copy in case it got taken down again. It's not to shame CBCS's case design. It's to display how a malicious person could commit such behavior for gain, which in turn effects a ripple action for the reseller market of graded books by CBCS to the would be shopper on auction sites.
Post 279 IP   flag post
CBCS broke up with me over Facebook. CFP_Comics private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by KiloGraham
Quote:
Originally Posted by CFP_Comics
I cracked out 3 CBCS slabs today. All three of the labels were held tightly to the inner well in the heat seal. In order to get them out completely I had to tear the label. I have a few of my own CBCS slabs here to check. I will look later on tonight.

Can you please post some pictures so we can have an example to review? Thanks!

Here is one. While I could have soaked the label in a solvent like Naphtha to see if it helped with the heat seal I simply tried to pry it way with my fingers. It was stuck enough to leave paper behind.

Post 280 IP   flag post
598080 606 30
Thread locked. No more posts permitted. Return home.