Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Movies Television

Heeeereee's CABLE!3934

Collector* Towmater private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthLego
@kaptainmyke he expressed he would not watch a movie starring such a person. I would hope his stance would be consistent across all his daily activities.

Stating that I didn't like Mr. Brolin and why is very different than responding or limiting my responses to people verbally in person to person contact or written communication on a forum. I'm lost why you can't discern that for yourself.

In case you missed it, our perspectives are very different about domestic violence based upon life experience. I must have missed where I called others to join with me in my belief. Also, I didn't then turn around and tell you that you or anyone else, in the thread, that they should feel the same as I do, nor did I attempt to limit their ability to express them to others by setting new forum rules upon them in a post.

From what you have expressed in our back and forth it is very ascertainable that you like to tell others what they should do in life and set limits on them when you don't like their opinion.
Post 51 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR DarthLego private msg quote post Address this user
I'm lost as to why you hold a personal grudge against Mr. Brolin. That's all, it baffles me.
Post 52 IP   flag post
You're also wrong about my perspective on domestic violence being different. Because you do not know know what my perspective on that subject is. What you do know, because I have expressed it, is my perspective on presumption of innocence in our society.
Post 53 IP   flag post
Collector* Towmater private msg quote post Address this user
Super, thanks for sharing. I must have misread your post on presumptive innocence when you wrote about due process. Did I miss the answer on OJ? IMO, he was guilty. I might chat with him if we were at a function. Nothing wrong with that. Also, I wouldn't seek him out to do so. Just not my thing.
Post 54 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user

Post 55 IP   flag post

Collector Sin private msg quote post Address this user
No shoulder pads 😢
Post 56 IP   flag post
Collector VillageIdiot private msg quote post Address this user
Who cares? Brolin is a midget first off, so the Cable role is hysterical. Second, his best role IS and will always BE Goonies! That says it all folks...
Post 57 IP   flag post
I'm not sure why OJ keeps coming up. The OJ trial was one of the most televised events in American history. Regardless of one's opinion of whether or not he was guilty there are several factors which can not be disputed. First of all, he was charged, and prosecuted to the full extent of the law. Second, much (if not most) of the evidence was on display for the world to see. Everyone who watched had more than ample evidence to come to a conclusion. And to which conclusion one draws, guilty or not guilty, is not relevant to the issue. What is relevant is that everything (mostly) was public knowledge and an actual prosecution took place.

Now, somehow we are supposed to see a correlation between this event, and Josh Brolin. Why? What is the significance? Josh Brolin was not prosecuted. The evidence and details are not public knowledge. Only two humans on Earth, Mr. Brolin and his ex wife, have any knowledge of what took place that night. There are no details for the average person to draw any conclusions about guilt or innocence. There are no details to even piece together the actual incident and what it entailed. We do not know what took place.

Further more, in the 13 years since, Mr. Brolin has not had any further incidents involving the accusations of domestic violence. On the other hand, Mr. Simpson found himself in deep trouble in the years since his first trial, and has served a lengthy sentence behind bars because of it.

I really see zero correlation between these two people.
Post 58 IP   flag post
If I could, I would. I swear. DrWatson private msg quote post Address this user
I just wish someone would buy my overpriced 9.8 New Mutants 87.
Post 59 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrWatson

How much are you asking? Is it like used car salesman overpriced? No offense to used car salesmen. imo
Post 60 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user

Post 61 IP   flag post
Collector MR_SigS private msg quote post Address this user
Considering the fresh cleverness of the first Deadpool film (and having not looked into any 'preview' sites), I wouldn't be shocked if this is all a gag, and someone else will be Cable.

Not likely, but that would be funny.
Post 62 IP   flag post
Collector RexMuff private msg quote post Address this user
Any of the rest of X-Force been announced yet? Hope they don't f up Shatterstar
Post 63 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by MR_SigS
Considering the fresh cleverness of the first Deadpool film (and having not looked into any 'preview' sites), I wouldn't be shocked if this is all a gag, and someone else will be Cable.

Not likely, but that would be funny.

That would be the biggest gag ever, every news source that follows this stuff has excepted his casting as official Fox information.
Post 64 IP   flag post
Collector DocBrown private msg quote post Address this user
Why are there no memes about "walls of text"...? I was told there would be memes.

via Imgflip Meme Generator
Post 65 IP   flag post
I had no way of knowing that 9.8 graded copies signed by Adam Hughes weren't what you were looking for. drchaos private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Well, we live in a society where there is a presumption of innocence. The man not only was never convicted, but never even charged. I'm not going condemn a man for what might have happened 13 years ago. I'm certainly not going to let something that might have never happened determine my movie going habits.
We are very lucky to live in this country with the rights that we have. In every country including this one the state generally continues to take more power for itself away from its citizens.

In Europe and elsewhere you can go to jail for denying the Holocost, blasphemy, insulting the crown, etc. Some in the US would want "hate speech" to be grounds for imprisonment. Judges in some cases have refused to punish those who claim to be victims of domestic abuse from the murder of their helpless (sleeping, etc.) partners.

While I get the frustration of Towmater and others with our current system the path to tyranny is a very slippery slope.
Post 66 IP   flag post
If I could, I would. I swear. DrWatson private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrWatson

How much are you asking? Is it like used car salesman overpriced? No offense to used car salesmen. imo

By $34 according to the last GPA sale.
Post 67 IP   flag post
Collector BrianGreensnips private msg quote post Address this user
@drchaos Nailed it. Nuff said!
Post 68 IP   flag post
600771 68 18
This topic is archived. Start new topic?