Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
I had no way of knowing that 9.8 graded copies signed by Adam Hughes weren't what you were looking for. drchaos private msg quote post Address this user
Boston Comic Con starts this Friday (4PM).

I just booked my parking and hotel for my first time attending this show. I will have a vendor pass for all three days.

Is anyone else going?
Post 1 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR shrewbeer private msg quote post Address this user
I considered it, then realized terrificon was too close. Cant afford two cons in one month lol. Terrificon won out, I think the artist and guest list is better this year.

Not to say boston wont be a blast; have fun!
Post 2 IP   flag post
I had no way of knowing that 9.8 graded copies signed by Adam Hughes weren't what you were looking for. drchaos private msg quote post Address this user
Thanks! I will also be attending Terrificon (assuming I have any money left).
Post 3 IP   flag post
Collector Drogio private msg quote post Address this user
I thought about it...then Stan lee upped his price $40...so economically I am saving $75 by just having trinity get the signature for me...plus not spending 4 hours round trip plus waiting 4 hrs in line Sealed the deal not to go. Since mr Wests passing, likely won't go to terrificon which is much closer. Otherwise Some of the vendors and artists at Boston/Mohegan will be at Rhode Island comic con so I might just may make that my only con this year.

So no...not going to Boston!
Post 4 IP   flag post
Collector Deadpoolica private msg quote post Address this user
I always go, enjoy dude 🍻
Post 5 IP   flag post
Collector Zarbongo private msg quote post Address this user
Have they moved from the Seaport Convention Center? I went in 2014 and it was packed. It took a bit to get in the building. But it was a great con, good guests and easy parking at the hotel across the street.
Post 6 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zarbongo
Have they moved from the Seaport Convention Center? I went in 2014 and it was packed. It took a bit to get in the building. But it was a great con, good guests and easy parking at the hotel across the street.

Boston Convention & Exhibition Center this year.
Post 7 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
have a good show brah
Post 8 IP   flag post
So I have been going through stacks of comics and boxes looking for books to get signed in Boston and at the other upcoming shows.

One dealer at a show a few months ago had tons of Catwoman and Wonder Woman Adam Hughes variants until I came along and took them.

I also had books for Arthur Adams to sign at East Coast Comic Con in April before I found out that he cancelled. This group included about six copies of UXM Annual 14.

Just now I picked up a few books I set aside for grading and underneath in the same stack I found all of the Adam Hughes and Arthur Adams books I was tearing my place apart looking for all day.

Huge score for this weekend's signings.
Post 9 IP   flag post
Car is loaded up, shipping up to Boston in five minutes.

I wanted to pull more books before leaving but I already have way to many packed in the car.
Post 10 IP   flag post
Day 2 started with 2 hours and 20 minutes on line for Rob Liefeld.
Post 11 IP   flag post
Collector Deadpoolica private msg quote post Address this user
I bought next to nothing this year smh the prices those vendors were puttin on books was just ridiculous for the most part....sad, sad con this year
Post 12 IP   flag post
@drchaos From the sound of it you need all the time possible in all three days to complete your goals, but hopefully tomorrow is a better day for you! I do my cons on Sunday, the lines and crowds are always sooo much better 👌🏻
Post 13 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deadpoolica
I bought next to nothing this year smh the prices those vendors were puttin on books was just ridiculous for the most part....sad, sad con this year

Aside from about $600 of exclusives I have yet to shop. If I finish Sigs early tomorrow I will do a bit of shopping but part of me will want to get a jump on the long ride back to NJ.
Post 14 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by shrewbeer
@drchaos From the sound of it you need all the time possible in all three days to complete your goals, but hopefully tomorrow is a better day for you! I do my cons on Sunday, the lines and crowds are always sooo much better 👌🏻

Friday wasn't packed but today was pretty bad. Good thing NYCC had taught me to make my way through the crowds.
Post 15 IP   flag post
Collector DocBrown private msg quote post Address this user
I was there last year. First time, probably last time.

Sam Kieth broke my heart in Boston.

Otherwise, it was fun!
Post 16 IP   flag post
Collector Drogio private msg quote post Address this user
How have the Stan Lee lines looked? People spending 4hrs in line to pay $160 for a quick scribble?
Post 17 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drogio
How have the Stan Lee lines looked? People spending 4hrs in line to pay $160 for a quick scribble?
It was $120 and I heard the facilitators kept things moving.
Post 18 IP   flag post
Very busy and productive show. My biggest pet peeve was that all of the best spots for lunch were at the train station about a mile from the venue. Lots of time lost walking back and forth at lunch time not to mention the time spent on Friday trying to find said lunch spots.

More details tomorrow but here is a brief damage report:

Cash spent $1,800 (approx)
Credit card charge for Exclusives $485.00
Hotel for to nights $210.00 (before tax)
Speeding ticket $150.00
Three days parking $50.00

Total damage before gas, meals, tolls, misc - $2,695

Backing into the cash expenses:
Rob Liefeld $750.00
Slabbed book $260.00
Josh Williamson $140.00 (approx)
Adam Hughes $120.00 (approx, probably more)
Raw books $110.00
Andy Kubert $100.00 (approx)
Tom King $85.00 (day two, I forget if I gave him more on day one)
Joe Rubenstein $60.00 (approx)
Bob Wichek $60.00 (approx)
Tony Moore $40.00
John Romita Jr $39.00
Mike McKone $30.00
David Finch $15.00
Jonboy Meyers $10.00
Sean Gotdon Murphy $5.00

Some cash went to incidental expenses but those artist fees $5 here, $10 there tend to add up. With the number of books I got signed I was very fortunate that some artists still sign for free.
Post 19 IP   flag post
@drchaos what were D&M Finch rates? I thought they signed for free, and I heard David still does sketches.

I'm going to brave comic con this weekend with four kids, trying to gather as much info as I can 😬
Post 20 IP   flag post
Quote:
@drchaos what were D&M Finch rates? I thought they signed for free, and I heard David still does sketches.

I'm going to brave comic con this weekend with four kids, trying to gather as much info as I can 😬

M signs for free (she signed 1 or 2 for me)

D signs 2 for free and charges $5 for each additional (he signed 5)

Last year in Baltimore D only had one for free before the $5 kicked in.

If you have ten books give two to each kid and they should all be free.
Post 21 IP   flag post
Awesome thanks!

I only have one for me but three of the kids want both of them as well on one of their books. Free sounds great 😁🍺
Post 22 IP   flag post
Collector Gabriel85301 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
😬

I got this signed from both for free last year.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/332335705426
Post 23 IP   flag post
Aside from the exclusives I didn't have much time to shop for other books including back issues but I did manage to pick these up:

Close up on the CBCS slab

Here are some scenic shots from the upper level:

Post 24 IP   flag post
Collector* Towmater private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by DocBrown

Otherwise, it was fun!

Is that because he charged those that where having books witnessed or some other reason?
Post 25 IP   flag post
Collector Logan510 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Towmater
Quote:

Otherwise, it was fun!

Is that because he charged those that where having books witnessed or some other reason?

B-I-N-G-O and bingo was his name-o
Post 26 IP   flag post
Collector DocBrown private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Logan510
Quote:
Originally Posted by Towmater
Quote:

Otherwise, it was fun!

B-I-N-G-O and bingo was his name-o

I would very much appreciate it...asking again...if you would stop commenting to or about me.

I've asked several times, but you seem unwilling to honor my request.

Not looking to stir anything up, not making any judgment about right or wrong, just would appreciate it if you didn't comment to or about me on the CBCS board.

Thanks.
Post 27 IP   flag post
Collector* Towmater private msg quote post Address this user
@DocBrown Was his answer correct?

Post 28 IP   flag post
600642 28 28
This topic is archived. Start new topic?