CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Comics Modern AgeMemorabiliaPop CultureSignatures

Brent Peeples3885

Collector ONLINE_209 private msg quote post Address this user

is coming to Stocktoncon
Post 1 IP   flag post
Collector Themaxx35 private msg quote post Address this user
Do you know how Stocktoncon is as far as back issues etc? I am trying decide if I should make the trip.
Post 2 IP   flag post
Collector ONLINE_209 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Themaxx35
Do you know how Stocktoncon is as far as back issues etc? I am trying decide if I should make the trip.
pretty decent how far would you have to travel i ask as to me depending on long of a drive it probably wont be worth it because the guest list is way small compared to last years so i am not expecting much in way of vendors but then i could be wrong
Post 3 IP   flag post
Its only about 90 minutes or a bit less for me to get to Stockton. But yeah, based on the guest list, I would only go for the vendors.
Post 4 IP   flag post
Collector 00slim private msg quote post Address this user
I had a Peeples sketch cover of Black Widow years ago. I sold it for what I paid ($75). Right after that? He hit big time & I saw it sold again for $300. 🙁

To answer your question @Themaxx35, It's a cool smaller Con with a decent selection. I'll be there both days.

A-1 is usually there.

Sadly, Heroes Comics from Campbell won't be there. They have an awesome selection of Silver Age keys.
Post 5 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by 00slim
Sadly, Heroes Comics from Campbell won't be there. They have an awesome selection of Silver Age keys.

Thanks - How have I not been to Heroes before? I was in the San Jose region for work awhile back and I hit a place called Space Cat, but I can't believe this Heroes place wasn't on my radar. Thanks again.
Post 6 IP   flag post
Quote:
A-1 is usually there.

Also, one thing for you to keep in mind if you make it up to Sac much, A-1 usually holds big in-store sales on con days where they put out a lot of the inventory that they didn't take to the con. I picked up a few nice books during their SDCC sale. Just FYI.
Post 7 IP   flag post
Good to know about the in-store sales on Con days at A-1.

I haven't been into Heroes yet. My only interaction with them was at Stockton-Con last year. They had more than one Hulk 181, an Avengers 4, and a ton of very key Silver.

They cut me a decent deal on a Daredevil #1 & my wife got a pretty cool older Wonder Woman.

Anyway, if the selection at the Con was any indication, I'm itching to go to their shop.

FYI: I messaged them on Facebook, & they said they won't be there, but one of their reps will be attending on Saturday. I forwarded them my want list & they said they'd get back to me. If they have any of the ones I'm looking for, they said they'd bring it to the Con.
Post 8 IP   flag post
Uhhhhh, yeah. I need to go to Heroes. These are the books they just posted on their Facebook, saying they're going up on the wall tomorrow.
Post 9 IP   flag post
Quote:
Uhhhhh, yeah. I need to go to Heroes. These are the books they just posted on their Facebook, saying they're going up on the wall tomorrow.

Okay as luck would have it my reserve duty this weekend is going to put me 20 minutes away from this place this Sunday. I don't think I have any choice but to try and hit it up once I'm dismissed for the day. I'll report back.
Post 10 IP   flag post
Awesome. I'm looking forward to hearing about your visit!
Post 11 IP   flag post
Stockton Con just responded to my DM. They told me CBCS will be there!!!
Post 12 IP   flag post
Quote:
Awesome. I'm looking forward to hearing about your visit!

So, I made it to Heroes. Here's my preliminary report.

Post 13 IP   flag post
Sweet.

Any pick-ups?
Post 14 IP   flag post
So, nothing significant. They had a $1 and half off sale going on. So picked up a lot of Terry Dodson Catwoman covers for $1 each. Nothing valuable but Catwoman is kind of a niche I collect and I just found out about Dodson's run in the New 52 so I was happy about that. And I found a nice NM copy of Batman 410. Again not valuable but it completed my high grade run of post-crisis Jason Todd intro books.

As for the wall books, it was great. They had an AF15 on the wall and several copies of FF 48. That's just a sample. A lot of good stuff there. That may have actually been the first AF 15 I've seen up close. But I am not ready to start dropping multiple 100s on a single book just yet. So I didn't talk myself into anything today. It was good to drool though.
Post 15 IP   flag post
597880 15 15
This topic is archived. Start new topic?