Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS EventsCBCS GradedSignatures

Con to Con Witnessed Signatures3883

Collector comic_book_man private msg quote post Address this user
Hey CBCS forum members,

I was wondering if we could get together an official list of people/companies that will transport comics from Con to Con for witnessed signature verification. Please post which grading company(CBCS, CGC, or PGX) followed by who to contact or where to go for the information we seek.

Example:
CGC - DesertWinds(link/number)

As the list builds from responses I will edit them onto here as a master list.

Please also notate if you have first hand experience(confirmation) or if it's just something you have heard about, seen at a con, or read about online.

Thank you all!

R E S U L T S:

CGC
New York Comics (www.nycomics.us) - Rumored good
Desert Wind Comics (www.desertwindcomics.com) - Good /w small caveats
Agents of Slab (www.agentsofslab.com) - Florida based, seem expensive
Prestige Comics (see "Prestige Comics/Collectibles" Facebook) - Great reputation

CBCS
Trinity Comics (www.trinity-comics.com) - 1st Hand THUMBS UP
CBCS Scheduled/Private Signings (see "CBCS" Facebook)
Excelsior Collectibles (see "Excelsior Collectibles" Facebook)
Genuine Collectibles (www.genuinecoa.com)
Collectors Choice Comics (see "Collectors Choice Comics" Facebook)

PGX
Contact PGX Directly (phone/email)

**AFTER 8/4/17, MAIN POST WILL LOCK - I WILL CONTINUE TO SUMMARIZE LISTED GROUPS INTO POSTS WITHIN THE THREAD**
Post 1 IP   flag post
Collector Ny85 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by comic_book_man
Hey CBCS forum members,

I was wondering if we could get together an official list of people/companies that will transport comics from Con to Con for witnessed signature verification. Please post which grading company(CBCS, CGC, or PGX) followed by who to contact or where to go for the information we seek.

Example:
CGC - DesertWinds(link/number)

As the list builds from responses I will edit them onto here as a master list.

Please also notate if you have first hand experience(confirmation) or if it's just something you have heard about, seen at a con, or read about online.

Thank you all!

Not a bad idea
Post 2 IP   flag post
I had no way of knowing that 9.8 graded copies signed by Adam Hughes weren't what you were looking for. drchaos private msg quote post Address this user
CBCS - Trinity - Highly Recommended
CGC - New York Comics, Desert Wind - Have not used
Post 3 IP   flag post
Collector RyanHicks private msg quote post Address this user
CBCS - Collectors Choice Comics
Post 4 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR DarthLego private msg quote post Address this user
Desert Wind, isn't that the company with a bad reputation?
Post 5 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthLego

You know I'm not sure anymore, but from like 2012 and before all I remember seeing was the DesertWinds lady at every Con I went to...with her giant CGC signage. Maybe they've been replaced since then or did some shady stuff?

Can anyone atest to DesertWinds being a good/bad option?

I remember they never charged me the $100 for my books back then, so that was good...but it did take like 6 months or more which was less good.
Post 6 IP   flag post
Moderator Jesse_O private msg quote post Address this user
This is from the Official CBCS Signature Program facebook page pinned post.

"ADAM HUGHES (only through Trinity Comics private signing), J. SCOTT CAMPBELL (only through CBCS scheduled & private signings), STAN LEE (only thru Excelsior Collectibles, Steve McDonald, Jeff Avigliano, Genuine COA & Trinity Comics private signing), JIM LEE (only thru CBCS & Trinity Comics private signing), JIM STARLIN (only thru a CBCS witness or an AW working the CBCS booth) & FRANK MILLER (only through Trinity Comics private signing)."

This list is subject to change. ALWAYS double check before acting on this!!

I have NOT seen Trinity advertise a McFarlane signing event yet. I'll double check with CBCS tomorrow on the accuracy of that. However, this list is posted by Mark Roman, head of the CBCS Signature programs, so I assume it is legit. Also, CBCS does occasionally do private signings at cons and you would go through CBCS to do that. Those events are usually announced at the same time they announce they will be at a con. That means that it's usually just a week or two that you have to get books to them. And even then, they sometimes only accept books dropped off at the event.
Post 7 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR dielinfinite private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by comic_book_man
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthLego

You know I'm not sure anymore, but from like 2012 and before all I remember seeing was the DesertWinds lady at every Con I went to...with her giant CGC signage. Maybe they've been replaced since then or did some shady stuff?

Can anyone atest to DesertWinds being a good/bad option?

I remember they never charged me the $100 for my books back then, so that was good...but it did take like 6 months or more which was less good.

My issues with Desert Wind/Celestial have been pretty minor, mostly having to bug them to invoice me, but they still got the signatures while I was waiting to pay so no big deal.

I have heard some horror stories though and I don't doubt they're true; comics seem to be something where when bad things go wrong they can go very wrong and I've had my share of such experiences elsewhere.
Post 8 IP   flag post
Collector doog private msg quote post Address this user
Never been willing to stand in line for a signature, seen some long lines. I'd stand in line for Kirby though, (if only)
Post 9 IP   flag post
Collector Krazywan private msg quote post Address this user
Cgc- Agents of Slab http://agentsofslabs.com they are the guys that are here around me in Florida. But they seem a bit expensive to me. I like to hunt my own sigs, most of mine are still in raw.
Post 10 IP   flag post
I will try to stay on top of updating the master post as often as I can, thank you all for your input!
Post 11 IP   flag post
@comic_book_man you can only edit a post for 24-hours
Post 12 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by dielinfinite
@comic_book_man you can only edit a post for 24-hours

@dielinfinite

Thank you!

As I was updating the main post I saw the 24-hour warning message above. Darn.
That's OK, I'll just try to get as many as I can in 24-hours and any late ones I'll repost in bulk if they accumulate. So far we've got a decent list going.

@Krazywan
@Jesse_O
@RyanHicks
@drchaos

Correct so far?
Post 13 IP   flag post
I have to add Prestige Comics/Collectibles Signature and Pressing Services. I've dealt with Chris Toledo there and have always had great results. They will also get signatures on items other than comics for you. Just fyi - their presser is Josh Avery. I've not had anything personally pressed by him.

www.facebook.com/groups/1702231126730913/
Post 14 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse_O
Just fyi - their presser is Josh Avery. I've not had anything personally pressed by him.

Neither have I but Josh seems to have a pretty stellar reputation
Post 15 IP   flag post
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse_O
Just fyi - their presser is Josh Avery. I've not had anything personally pressed by him.

Neither have I but Josh seems to have a pretty stellar reputation

I agree. I have purchased comics through him and he was great to deal with. And I've not heard anyone speak ill of him or his pressing. I just can't personally testify to his pressing, yet.
Post 16 IP   flag post
@Jesse_O
@dielinfinite

Thank you guys!
I added Prestige Comics for CGC, do they also do CBCS?

Community, any others?
Post 17 IP   flag post
@comic_book_man CGC has a rule that prohibits their witnesses from witnessing for other companies so as a general rule, if someone does CGC they won't do others.
Post 18 IP   flag post
Ok - I edited my first comment. I was reading the post incorrectly. As of right now, NO ONE is authorized by CBCS to witness Todd McFarlane or Robert Kirkman signatures. This is, of course, subject to change.
Post 19 IP   flag post
Quote:
@comic_book_man CGC has a rule that prohibits their witnesses from witnessing for other companies so as a general rule, if someone does CGC they won't do others.

Good to know! ...and that just makes sense - I could see bias/favoritism for grading companies playing a negative role if that were not the case.
Post 20 IP   flag post
600889 20 20
This topic is archived. Start new topic?