Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
COLLECTOR DarthLego private msg quote post Address this user
I started a subscription to GoCollect and I have noticed looking over the recorded ebay sales that some books I have purchased this year have not been recorded. Does GoCollect have a reputation for missing sales records?
Post 1 IP   flag post
I had no way of knowing that 9.8 graded copies signed by Adam Hughes weren't what you were looking for. drchaos private msg quote post Address this user
@DarthLego Can't speak for GoCollect but GPA only records CGC sales so raw and CBCS sales are omitted. Also these sites collect data from Ebay, Comic Connect, etc. so if I were to sell a copy to you directly through Paypal they would not have that data.
Post 2 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR shrewbeer private msg quote post Address this user
I noticed a book that I purchased wasn't even listed at all. Sent them an email and they jumped right on it and fixed the glitch
Post 3 IP   flag post
I had no way of knowing that 9.8 graded copies signed by Adam Hughes weren't what you were looking for. drchaos private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by shrewbeer
I noticed a book that I purchased wasn't even listed at all. Sent them an email and they jumped right on it and fixed the glitch

Post 4 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR DarthLego private msg quote post Address this user
GoCollect does both CGC and CBCS, and I've noticed missing sales of both.
Post 5 IP   flag post
Collector vacaboca private msg quote post Address this user
I know that some of my purchases (on ebay) took a while to show up, but did eventually show up... I didn't take any action, send any email, etc. I do have a small number of slabs (variants) that don't have any recorded sales at all (though I did buy them on ebay), so I know it's not perfect... but I've been too lazy to email them with the information.
Post 6 IP   flag post
Collector Thanatos private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthLego
GoCollect does both CGC and CBCS, and I've noticed missing sales of both.

Were the listings that got missed titled weird? Perhaps the program that pulls the data didn't pick up the right keywords necessary to add the sale to their database
Post 7 IP   flag post
597882 7 7
This topic is archived. Start new topic?