Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Signature ASPComics Modern AgeGrading Help NeededSignatures

Grade or not?3840

Collector VictorCreed private msg quote post Address this user
I've never graded any comic in my collection. Just wondering if these would be worth grading?

Post 1 IP   flag post
Collector comic_book_man private msg quote post Address this user
I would grade the two signed comics, after all the signatures are what make them special and you can show them off without worry when they are protected in a nice case. The other 2 I would not, but that's just me.
Post 2 IP   flag post
Collector Themaxx35 private msg quote post Address this user
So my two cents, so far I have only graded witnessed signatures because I want certified yellow label in the event I decide to sell one day and I'd rather pay $5 for a witness sig than $25 for a verified one. The books you have there are nice, but if they were not witnessed you should consider that a verified signature cost $25 on top of grading and $15 for each additional signature thereafter (my info could be out of date).

So your Dark Knight III will cost $18 (if you're not a member) to slab and then $55 to verify the sigs. Add shipping to that.

That's an expensive book. The question, as always comes down to is that worth it to you? I don't know you could sell the book high enough to recoup that cost of verifying all the sigs. I'd have to check recent sales to know for sure.
Post 3 IP   flag post
Or is that Jim Lee cover? If so, then it might be worth it.
Post 4 IP   flag post
Collector Bontchimuz private msg quote post Address this user
Great books. Do whatever you want that makes you happy. I have never once sold a graded comic book in my life so grading never is a value play for me as much as a collector play.

Sure someday I will most likely sell but possibly I will never. One of my goals is to have a literal man cave/library with walls covered in CGC/CBCS books, mags and posters.
Post 5 IP   flag post
Collector Sirtoddington private msg quote post Address this user
I'd grade them. Especially the Miller & Stan Lee ones.
Post 6 IP   flag post
Thanks for the feedback. I have no plans on selling. I like getting my books signed and meeting the artists and writers. I've never bought a book presigned. The BA12 books are signed by Meyers. Do the cases of graded books protect the signatures from fading at all?
Post 7 IP   flag post
The first DK3 nook is the Dell'Otto variant. This is the Jim Lee one. I'm having him sign it this Fan Expo Canada.
Post 8 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by VictorCreed
The first DK3 nook is the Dell'Otto variant. This is the Jim Lee one. I'm having him sign it this Fan Expo Canada.

Nice - that's a good looking book.
Post 9 IP   flag post

Are these worth the red verified label?
Post 10 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR DarthLego private msg quote post Address this user
@comic_book_man they are all signed.
Post 11 IP   flag post
@VictorCreed Verification is $25 for first signature and $15 each additional per book plus grading fee. So you have to decide if the book is worth enough to you personally to spend the money. If you plan to sell them, you have to consider the potential price they can get and decide if it's profitable.
Post 12 IP   flag post
Collector KingNampa private msg quote post Address this user
Why not use the hundred or so dollars you would spend to get it graded and sigs verified on buying more comics instead!
Post 13 IP   flag post
@KingNampa Slab all the things! Regret nothing!
Post 14 IP   flag post
@DarthLego

Your comics

Post 15 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR JWKyle private msg quote post Address this user
If I had anything signed by Joe Kubert I would have no problem paying the fees to have it verified and graded.
Post 16 IP   flag post
Collector Atakmunky7 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthLego
@KingNampa Slab all the things! Regret nothing!

Someone invent slab slabs do I can slab my slabs!!!
Post 17 IP   flag post
@Atakmunky7 lol, yes you bring up a good point. I'm worried about my CBCS slabs getting scratched over time. Can someone create a slab to protect my CBCS' slab? Also can someone also grade that slab around my CBCS slab for its eye appeal and add a sticker to it?

Post 18 IP   flag post
600851 18 18
This topic is archived. Start new topic?