Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Signature ASPCBCS Signature VSPQuestionsSignatures

SIGNATURE VERIFICATION384

Collector Revan_Q private msg quote post Address this user
How would the pricing work if you have books previously signed and the artist can verify the signature is there's to a witness at a con? Sorry if this has already been brought up.
Post 1 IP   flag post
CBCS Pressing SteveRicketts private msg quote post Address this user
CBCS offers two types of signature authentication. By breaking them down into their most basic functions, they're a little easier to understand.

1) ASP (Yellow label) is for signatures that were witnessed by a CBCS representative.

2) VSP (Red label) is for signatures that are authenticated by CSA (csacomics.com/).

The scenario you are describing does not fit into either of those categories. However, it can fit into option #2, if you submit through the VSP program.
Post 2 IP   flag post
But if the artist can verify right there at the con that the signature is there's would it still be a $25 fee vs. a $5 fee? I can understand it falling under the red label part.
Post 3 IP   flag post
Collector Mr_adam_R private msg quote post Address this user
I have wondered the same thing. good question! hopefully somebody official can cook up an answer.
Post 4 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_adam_R
I have wondered the same thing. good question! hopefully somebody official can cook up an answer.

Unfortunately the official answer is "no."
Post 5 IP   flag post
Is there a specific reason? The artist is right there verifying their own signature with a rep present. Wouldn't that be just the same as them signing on the spot with a rep to see?
Post 6 IP   flag post
Collector MR_SigS private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by slq955
Is there a specific reason? The artist is right there verifying their own signature with a rep present. Wouldn't that be just the same as them signing on the spot with a rep to see?

It's conceivably possible for the creator to be mistaken about a well done forgery of their sig. As long as there is a shadow of a doubt, ASP can't be used.
Post 7 IP   flag post
Collector Mr_adam_R private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveRicketts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_adam_R

Unfortunately the official answer is "no."

understandable. thanks steve!
Post 8 IP   flag post
Collector Muuko private msg quote post Address this user
Do you send out for verification or do we send out to CSA first?
Post 9 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muuko
Do you send out for verification or do we send out to CSA first?

You submit it through us. We get it authenticated for you.
Post 10 IP   flag post
If csacomics comes back saying that the signature(s) is forged, can we request to not have the books graded? I can understand having to pay the signature verification to check if its authentic.
Post 11 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR dielinfinite private msg quote post Address this user
You have an option for each signature you list whether you'd like to have the book graded or not if it fails to pass authentication.

This way if you have a book signed by multiple people but you only want it graded so long as one specific signature is declared authentic, you can do that.
Post 12 IP   flag post
I read the "How does the Verification Process Work?" and was wondering what happens when you come across one that is not authentic.

Has that happened yet?
Post 13 IP   flag post
If I could, I would. I swear. DrWatson private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by MR_SigS
I read the "How does the Verification Process Work?" and was wondering what happens when you come across one that is not authentic.

Has that happened yet?

They have. It's my understanding that the submitter is asked if they still want the book graded.
Post 14 IP   flag post
Thank you, Dr
Post 15 IP   flag post
597874 15 15
This topic is archived. Start new topic?