Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Graded

CBCS Turnaround 7/31/20173839

Collector bennyb86 private msg quote post Address this user
Grading!! WOOT!! Apparently one of my grails was a newsstand edition and not direct like I thought.... hmmm...
Post 26 IP   flag post
Collector JCage private msg quote post Address this user
I'm officially done using CBCS they don't do the right things for there customers.A while back I sent in 8 books the the estimated time was no where close to what they told me at the Con. Then for 2 weeks trying to figure out what was going on no one answered there phones then One of my books a Hulk 181 was originally graded at an 8.0 with 7 pressable defects on the front and back cover was pressed by Steve and he did do a wonderful job but they regraded it after I called and finally got hold of someone and I magically was shipped the next day and it came back the same grade which really boggled my mind and the fact they gave me the dumbest excuse on why I got the same grade. So after that then them telling me I won't get the rest of my books back till October when at the Con they told me end of July or August. So I asked them to send me my stuff back. I sent my Hulk 181 to CGC and it came back a 9.2. I honestly feel like they never regraded it they just put it in a new slab and sent it back.Besided all the problems I don't get why when they make mistakes or have issues they don't try to do anything to make it right by the customer and the simple fact is there so rediculous with there grading first with there stupid check marks then there always lower then cgc. I'm officially a CGC customer they are more consistent with there grades,way better customer service and way more accurate with there turn around times. I just had to get this off my chest because this was my second submission and I had nothing but issues and no one tries to make it rite. Like my first time I submitted 23 books that where all supposed to be pressed and cleaned and I'm almost 100 percent sure the company they had pressing my books never did and I submitted the same time as my uncle and paid for fast pass and he didn't and he got his books way before me and he got his books pressed to so that wasn't why he got his first and when I called and asked there customer service did nothing to try to do the right thing for the customer. Sorry for the long post I just had to get this off my chest
Post 27 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR JWKyle private msg quote post Address this user
@JCage so don't forget to send CGC a Christmas card this year for taking a CBCS 8.0 and turning it in a CGC 9.2 that's a pretty nice gift.
Post 28 IP   flag post
Collector Mr_adam_R private msg quote post Address this user
TLDR
Post 29 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR DarthLego private msg quote post Address this user
Don't let the door hit ya where the good lord split ya.
Post 30 IP   flag post

It really wasn't a gift it was the fact that CBCS was behind and the guy Steve did his job by pressing the book very good the graders and whoever didn't take the time to regrade the book after finger dents and creases where pressed out of a book that was originally a CBCS 8.0 . All the defects it was originally knocked down for where pressed out and cleaned.
Post 31 IP   flag post
Collector Dshel61 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by mumptastic
@IronMan It's annoying. I emailed customer service and was told my books are "currently with our first set of graders." so I am assuming my account just hasn't been updated?

So your books are with the first graders?
Post 32 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR shrewbeer private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by JCage
It really wasn't a gift it was the fact that CBCS was behind and the guy Steve did his job by pressing the book very good the graders and whoever didn't take the time to regrade the book after finger dents and creases where pressed out of a book that was originally a CBCS 8.0 . All the defects it was originally knocked down for where pressed out and cleaned.

What were the cbcs notes on the book after pressing?
Post 33 IP   flag post
I guarantee you that book has a non pressable defect keeping it down that you missed. Could be a stain or tanning or who knows. People forget that a book isn't just the outside covers, it's a whole book, and the whole book is judged. Don't be mad that CBCS is more thorough looking over books than you and CGC.
Post 34 IP   flag post
Collector 99issues private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by 99issues
My invoice was moved to complete today but a few of the books are missing from the "My Comics" section. Not all of them... just 2 out of 11 but it would be nice to know the grades. Is this common and should I be concerned or just patient.

thanks,
@DarthLego

Do you have any input on this kinda situation? thanks you are always helpful
Post 35 IP   flag post
Collector Thanatos private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by JCage
Like my first time I submitted 23 books that where all supposed to be pressed and cleaned and I'm almost 100 percent sure the company they had pressing my books never did and I submitted the same time as my uncle and paid for fast pass and he didn't and he got his books way before me and he got his books pressed to so that wasn't why he got his first and when I called and asked there customer service did nothing to try to do the right thing for the customer.

This ridiculously long winded sentence hurt my brain.
Post 36 IP   flag post
The book was originally graded CBCS 8.0 . I noticed there where a lot of finger prints dents and creases that didn't break color on the front and back cover.I brought the book to east coast Con and had the guy in the CBCS booth look it over and give me his opinion if I should get it pressed and regraded and he told me definitely with those pressable defects he said the grade will definitely go up. So I submitted it ALL THE BIG DENTS on the top front cover was pressed out along with the 3 creases that where all on the original graders notes that where all pressed out they where very small by the corners but regardless they where all on the original notes and all pressed out . So from what I gather if it was originally knocked down for those defects and they all got fixed shouldn't the grade go up ? The bottom line is they got backed up and tried to rush it threw and just gave me my original grade because it was the fastest easiest way for them.The reason they probably rushed is because Mid may the lady that worked there called me to tell me it was done being pressed and asked me about my other books and told me it would be done in 2 weeks and after a month in a half I tried to call and no one answered there phones. I call for almost 2 weeks until someone picked up and I said something and magically my book was done and shipped even though the site still said processing and magically it was the same grade.
Post 37 IP   flag post
Collector Mef private msg quote post Address this user
HOLY CRAP!

YOU DIDN'T LIKE THE TAT'S AND YOU DIDN'T GET THE GRADE YOU EXPECTED?!!?

Post 38 IP   flag post
@JCage The guy who said that should not have said that. Steve himself has said grade bumps can't be guaranteed from pressing. That guy should not have made that comment having no access to the interior of the book.

CBCS have a talk with your con people.
Post 39 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR dielinfinite private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Quote:
My invoice was moved to complete today but a few of the books are missing from the "My Comics" section. Not all of them... just 2 out of 11 but it would be nice to know the grades. Is this common and should I be concerned or just patient.

thanks,
@DarthLego

Do you have any input on this kinda situation? thanks you are always helpful

There is a bug with the site. The My Comics section only shows the first 50 books on your account and omits any subsequent books. If you have many books on your account, that might be the issue.

Regardless, you don't need them to appear in the My Comics to access the grades. If you open the notes for one of your books you'll see the URL will end with a "-" followed by some numbers. Incrementing that number by 1 will take you to other books from that same invoice.

Or you can open up the order on your Order History page and your books should have little eye icons nect to the name. Clicking those should take you to the grader's notes for that book.
Post 40 IP   flag post
Collector Jakernaught private msg quote post Address this user
Delays in TAT are due to the fact that CBCS does a good job instead of rushing out books. the tide has turned and CBCS is respected by more and more collectors for having ACURATE grading. Not the grade the customer wants/expects. I don't mind waiting for a quality product. time will show the better company GO CBCS!! Titybabies cry home to mama
Post 41 IP   flag post
Collector Mathyus_42 private msg quote post Address this user
So close! I turned in my books on May 20th at Motor City Comic Con.
Post 42 IP   flag post
Collector Mef private msg quote post Address this user
LOL someone just waved a magic wand...
Post 43 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mef
LOL someone just waved a magic wand...
I hope they just didn't delete both his and my post I hope he's gone that tone and language has no place here.
Post 44 IP   flag post
Oh, did I miss the show?
Post 45 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthLego
Oh, did I miss the show?
Just a malcontent attacking a newer board member because he thought his book or himself was the target of a conspiracy from a grading company.
Post 46 IP   flag post
Collector 00slim private msg quote post Address this user
I'll say this:

@JCage Had legit complaints aside from not liking the grade his pressed & regraded book received.

We can all agree that there is room for improvement for CBCS. But what company has no room for improvement?

Still, patience and polite persistence were clearly not on display when attempting to resolve the problems he faced.
Post 47 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by 00slim
I'll say this:

@JCage Had legit complaints aside from not liking the grade his pressed & regraded book received.

We can all agree that there is room for improvement for CBCS. But what company has no room for improvement?

Still, patience and polite persistence were clearly not on display when attempting to resolve the problems he faced.

I'm not disagreeing the guy did have some legitimate complaints. Sounded like he had some books pressed by that old pressing department that's long gone. Also sounds like he couldn't get some one on the phone when he's called. I've never had that problem I've called twice and both times I've talked to a different person each time. I've PM'ed Ricketts a couple of times and he's answered my questions. That was before he was Lord of the Press. Also if someone at a Con told him "Oh yes your book will definitely go up after a clean and press" well that person may need a talking to. I would think the answer would be " Yes your book seems to have pressible defects but we will just have to see how the book reacts to the process"

Yes CBCS has room for improvement so get to improving already. #soon
Post 48 IP   flag post
Collector fat1138 private msg quote post Address this user
any updates on turnarounds ,17-104369C Mar 22, 2017 dropped off at ECCC
Post 49 IP   flag post
597866 49 24
This topic is archived. Start new topic?