Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Graded

The grades I've gotten back so far3833

Collector Johnnyonthespot private msg quote post Address this user

Post 1 IP   flag post
Collector Doc_Cop private msg quote post Address this user
Sweet books! Especially that NM 87. Did they grade them the way you thought?
Post 2 IP   flag post
Yeah, I thought so...my one buddy was a bit disappointed that the TOD #1 only received a 9.0...hes the dude who sold it to me...he didn't over charge me by any means he was fair on his price to me at $180...I thought I'd have gotten a 9.8 on the 87 but I'll take a 9.6 though...over all iam happy....can't wait to get my other hauls back...should be any day...by the way do you know how long the grading process takes for signatures...just asking
Post 3 IP   flag post
Waiting on a NM 87 I won on EBay. Sorry, don't have an answer for you on signature returns. New to the whole slabbing process. What's your take on buying books raw graded by CBCS?
Post 4 IP   flag post
I was thinking about doing that to some of my books that are at least 9.0 or lower...but idk...if I'm gonna send em off I may just as well get them slabbed..
Post 5 IP   flag post
I agree on slabbing your own books, I just bid on some raw graded books and plan on sending them to CBCS to have them slabbed. I figure this way at least I know the grade I should expect. I'm a fan of encapsulating.
Post 6 IP   flag post
Yeah...I won't encapsulate Everything I have though...just my keys,or nm/vf 1979 and back...everything else I usually sell/trade ungraded...try to keep my collection to just keysbat the moment
Post 7 IP   flag post
I have been sticking to only keys and a few new book speculations. I'm enjoying the Image Redneck series so far. Great story. My rule of thumb on future encapsulating is if the books value increases by 50% from raw grade to graded then encapsulating is worth it.
Post 8 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR DarthLego private msg quote post Address this user
Always expect a .2 or .5 lower than you think a book is. It'll save you disappointment down the road.
Post 9 IP   flag post
Collector nikki666666 private msg quote post Address this user
@DarthLego i always go .5 - 1 whole grade lower... then I'm nearly always happy!
Post 10 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR DarthLego private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by nikki666666
@DarthLego i always go .5 - 1 whole grade lower... then I'm nearly always happy!

That's probably a good rule for older books. If anyone is consistently a 1.0 or more off on modern books, please buy an Overstreet grading guide.
Post 11 IP   flag post
Yeah, but for me there are a few exceptions for me...like my grimms ghost stories #24 graded at 3.0 and my marvel comics presents wolverine #8 featuring man thing 4.5...those have sentimental value for me...my very first books ever...my grandma bought them for me when I was a kid...lol
Post 12 IP   flag post
Quick question: Is there another on-line price guide other than Comicspriceguide.com that everyone is using?
Post 13 IP   flag post
Well not too sure...I sometimes use eBay under sold and closed items..shows pretty much what people are getting online...I use comic book price guide but I've noticed that some of they're prices weren't up to what's happening not all but some...there's where eBay comes in handy...other than that...I rely a lot on my over street
Post 14 IP   flag post
600649 14 14
This topic is archived. Start new topic?