Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Collector Zombiebigfoot private msg quote post Address this user
UPDATE..
Well, I headed over to pick up the books & sure enough - the HOS got scooped up over the weekend!!! Shite!!! Plus the owner said the price was "accidentally" mislabeled by one of the clerks. He sold it for $650, so I'm not too broken up about it. I wouldn't have been able to swing that right now anyway (bills & such, you know?). The IF though? Added to my collection!! He gave me a break on the price & brought it down to $70. $70 you guys! This is definitely working out to be a great birthday indeed.
Post 26 IP   flag post
Collector Thanatos private msg quote post Address this user
Pics or it didn't happen.

$70?! That's insanity.

$650 for the HOS 92 is still ridiculously cheap if the grade was remotely accurate.
Post 27 IP   flag post
Collector Thanatos private msg quote post Address this user
Also, happy birthday!
Post 28 IP   flag post
Collector Thearrow private msg quote post Address this user
Still a great deal on IF 14 for 70. Where is this shop again?
Post 29 IP   flag post
Collector robertofredrico private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by drchaos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zombiebigfoot
So I've come across a couple of 1st appearances at a LCS I frequently visit. Sabretooth (Iron Fist #14) & Swamp Thing (House Of Secrets #92). They're in great condition (9.0 - 9.4 on both) & figured since it's my b-day today I'd treat myself to one or both issues. What do u guys think?

My answer is yes (meaning both).

If I had to choose I love me some Sabretooth.

I say Swamp Thing trumps Sabretooth.
Post 30 IP   flag post

COLLECTOR DarthLego private msg quote post Address this user
Whoever priced that at $150 doesn't need to be involved in pricing. From the business owners pov.
Post 31 IP   flag post
No pics.
Post 32 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR conditionfreak private msg quote post Address this user
I doubt most "regular" people have ever heard of Swamp Thing. Except they may say "wasn't that a movie?"

But I bet a larger percentage of regular people have heard of Sabretooth/Sabertooth.

Not sure if he was called that because of the sabertooth tiger. But is so, it is correctly written as saber-tooth, or Smilodon. Sometimes referred to as the saber-tooth tiger or saber-tooth cat.

There, despite your try at not attending school anymore, you learned something today.

(sometimes I crack me up)
Post 33 IP   flag post
Collector CopperAgeKids private msg quote post Address this user
I passed on a $49.99 BIN (with free prority shipping) for a Two Gun Kid #60, looked to be about a GD, over the weekend.

I sold a TGK 60 CGC 1.8 for $200 shipped (to a buyer in Cali last year) , offline of eBay.

Don't feel too bad.
Post 34 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR DarthLego private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by CopperAgeKids
I passed on a $49.99 BIN (with free prority shipping) for a Two Gun Kid #60, looked to be about a GD, over the weekend.

I sold a TGK 60 CGC 1.8 for $200 shipped (to a buyer in Cali last year) , offline of eBay.

Don't feel too bad.

What relevance did I miss here?
Post 35 IP   flag post
@conditionfreak

Post 36 IP   flag post
@DarthLego
I talked to the owner & he said his clerk was a new hire. Apparently they misunderstood when pricing the books; he slapped the wrong price on the HOS issue & vice-versa on another book! Needless to say the owner was just a little angry @ the clerk, to put it lightly. So, as stated before, he WAS a new hire & was promptly shown the door. He said it was the clerks 3rd strike so he had to let him go.
Post 37 IP   flag post
Collector vabchgent private msg quote post Address this user
If you go look at most of the Raw HOS 92 on Ebay you are going to say no way, once you look at them closely. Someone had or has a HOS92 up there . The front cover looks fine for the most part look at the back cover and looks like rat chew thru 1/4 the spine of the book book and asking 1100 for it. The prices for Raw low grade copies(calling them high grade) are ridiculous. A graded 7.0/7.5 puts you in the 1200 to 1500 dollar range from what I have seen. Good luck
Post 38 IP   flag post
Collector comic_book_man private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zombiebigfoot
UPDATE..
Well, I headed over to pick up the books & sure enough - the HOS got scooped up over the weekend!!! Shite!!! Plus the owner said the price was "accidentally" mislabeled by one of the clerks. He sold it for $650, so I'm not too broken up about it. I wouldn't have been able to swing that right now anyway (bills & such, you know?). The IF though? Added to my collection!! He gave me a break on the price & brought it down to $70. $70 you guys! This is definitely working out to be a great birthday indeed.

Grats, happy bday sir!
Post 39 IP   flag post
597967 39 14
This topic is archived. Start new topic?