Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Comics Modern Age

Wonder woman rebirth nycc gold foil3813

Collector Swifty private msg quote post Address this user
I've never had a foil graded before and I wanted some opinions on what this might grade for. Thank you for your input.

Post 1 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR DarthLego private msg quote post Address this user
I'm confused by the question. Are you asking if a foil book grades different than a regular book? That would be a no. Or are you asking grade opinions on your particular book? To which we don't know what the book looks like, any pictures?
Post 2 IP   flag post
Im asking grade opinions. The images dident load but i think i fixed it
Post 3 IP   flag post
Collector det_tobor private msg quote post Address this user
high, UNLESS there are problems inside the book that we can't see.
Post 4 IP   flag post
9.6 is likely, 9.8 is possible.
Post 5 IP   flag post
I'll probably wake up constipated. Pre_Coder private msg quote post Address this user
I'm leaning towards 9.6
Post 6 IP   flag post
Collector Drogio private msg quote post Address this user
9.5....which by cgc standards would round up to a 9.6 and by cbcs standards down to a 9.4. I see a slight spine stress around the staple that looks to break color and what looks like some stress around the corner which could be pressed out, but not sure foil should be pressed. Are there any "scuff marks" on the cover, particularly along the spine? Foul books are so tough to get wiythout some amount of scuffing.
Post 7 IP   flag post
Collector dpiercy private msg quote post Address this user
Post 8 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR JLS_Comics private msg quote post Address this user
Super low. Not even worth it... just send it to me so you don't have to bother with it all
Post 9 IP   flag post
Collector RexMuff private msg quote post Address this user
It's easier to see a book out of the plastic in pictures, imo. Pretty nice shape tho
Post 10 IP   flag post
Foil books are notoriously hard to photograph without making them look worse than they truly are.
Post 11 IP   flag post
Thanks everyone for your input. I got it boxed up to ship out Monday for grading. When I get it back, I'll post a picture of it.
Post 12 IP   flag post
Post 13 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
Post 14 IP   flag post
Collector D84 private msg quote post Address this user
With the lower right front cover corner damage (picture 2) I'd say 9.0-9.2. Cool book.
Post 15 IP   flag post
Post 16 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
that's the backer board, not the book
Post 17 IP   flag post
I see what he is talking about, but 50/50 if it's only shadow or a dent from the same impact that dented the backer board.
Post 18 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR JWKyle private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swifty

Nice eyes on the back board that's the dent of death from crappy shipping eBay purchases. If I see something like that on a backing board most of the time the books damaged.
Post 19 IP   flag post
Collector Hcanes private msg quote post Address this user
Photos are always deceiving with foil covers. If memory serves me right I believe the Wonder Woman copy was not polybagged at NYCC. It looks similar to the Suicide Squad 1 (silver) which I submitted and received a 9.4 (16-48A38B9-006). The SS1 did not have a polybag so there was a lot of smudging that took place, keep in mind, every day the Graphitti design booth looked like a grocery store in any end of the world scene.

The Doom Patrol 1 I had graded was gold foil and did not have any of the light surface scratches or smudging your Wonder Woman appears to have. Granted the Doom Patrol copies were all polybagged.
Post 20 IP   flag post

Post 21 IP   flag post
Post 22 IP   flag post
@Hcanes your surface scratches are on the bag, it's inside a bag and board in the photos.
Post 23 IP   flag post
Post 24 IP   flag post
597887 24 24
This topic is archived. Start new topic?