Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Comics Modern Age

Batman #28 Neal Adams Variant3759

Collector X51 private msg quote post Address this user
I like Neal, but this one is odd. His right leg is in the foreground, but his left leg looks too big. It's like he's got a huge left leg and a tiny right leg.
Post 26 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR conditionfreak private msg quote post Address this user
It is 99 times better than I could do, but it still stinks.

It's like Ali. Retire when you are on top. Not on the slip down. I'm sure Adams doesn't need the money.
Post 27 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR JWKyle private msg quote post Address this user
Ok so this is the second cover that's not pictured on the pre-order sites. Yeah I ordered it. From looking at the cover it would be interesting to see the b/w's. I think maybe the colorist may have not done this cover any favors.
Post 28 IP   flag post
Collector Drogio private msg quote post Address this user
Would rather own 'Tec #49 (new 52)

Post 29 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR DarthLego private msg quote post Address this user
Hey I think I just figured out what is going on here. This is not Batman. Rebirth Batman is always depicted with a gold edged bat emblem, no matter who the artist is. This has to be Clayface posing as Batman!
Post 30 IP   flag post

Collector BrianGreensnips private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by JWKyle
Ok so this is the second cover that's not pictured on the pre-order sites. Yeah I ordered it. From looking at the cover it would be interesting to see the b/w's. I think maybe the colorist may have not done this cover any favors.
Good point. The inker might have had some effect on the face area too. Not sure if Neal inked it?
Post 31 IP   flag post
For cover price, there are a lot of worse art out there.
Post 32 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR shrewbeer private msg quote post Address this user
I think @BrianGreensnips may be on to something there. The six fingers and half-stache are hilarious looking, it would be interesting to find out if Neal actually did that
Post 33 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR conditionfreak private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drogio

Yes please.
Post 34 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by conditionfreak
Quote:

Yes please.

Would like NA to sign a batman book (detective or Maine title)...his silver age are too expensive to get a nice copy. A nice copper/Bronze/modern Age Adams cover would be nice...particularly a variant or something more rare/collectible. thinking Tec 49 at the moment.
Post 35 IP   flag post
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by conditionfreak
Quote:

Yes please.

Would like NA to sign a batman book (detective or Maine title)...his silver age are too expensive to get a nice copy. A nice copper/Bronze/modern Age Adams cover would be nice...particularly a variant or something more rare/collectible. thinking Tec 49 at the moment.

Post 36 IP   flag post
I'd probably go for Batman Odyssey #1
Post 37 IP   flag post
Collector X51 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by JWKyle

I agree. The coloring makes it worse.
Post 38 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthLego
I'd probably go for Batman Odyssey #1
Not a fan of odyssey or its covers. Might switch gears and get him to sign a reprint cover...thinking GL 76 might be cool.

This slab is not mine...but an NA signature would look nice in a yellow label...
Post 39 IP   flag post
@Drogio if it doesn't have to be Batman, and you are a Star Wars fan? He did an awesome Kylo Ren variant for The Force Awakens.
Post 40 IP   flag post
Forum Crier OGJackster private msg quote post Address this user

LOVE that cover!!! I have 3, a 3.5, 4.0 and a 8.5.
Post 41 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by OGJackster

LOVE that cover!!! I have 3, a 3.5, 4.0 and a 8.5.

I'm not a green lantern fan, although I enjoy and still have my emerald dawn run. But this is one, if not the only, non batman Adams cover I'd love to have him sign. Do any of your copies have his sig?

Also not a green arrow fan, but loved GA: year one. Another keeper and re-read.
Post 42 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR Wolverine private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianGreensnips
76 years old and still rocking it. I have also met him at a show on a slow Friday. He did a sketch for me and signed some.prints. He was cool to talk with and down to earth. He even gave me the pencil that he did the sketch with. I need to find a way to secure it to the frame it is in.

Go to Hobby Lobby or any frame store. Put it in a shadow box and simply put two sewing needles at an angle so the pencil sits on the needles. If you don't care bout keeping the pencil in good shape can just glue it to the frame inside
Post 43 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolverine
Quote:
76 years old and still rocking it. I have also met him at a show on a slow Friday. He did a sketch for me and signed some.prints. He was cool to talk with and down to earth. He even gave me the pencil that he did the sketch with. I need to find a way to secure it to the frame it is in.

Go to Hobby Lobby or any frame store. Put it in a shadow box and simply put two sewing needles at an angle so the pencil sits on the needles. If you don't care bout keeping the pencil in good shape can just glue it to the frame inside
This glass part you see it in actually recesses back from the frame. So I was thinking about using 2 small plastic clamps to secure it on the frame right below the glass. When I do it, I will repost the photo.
Post 44 IP   flag post
Quote:

@BrianGreensnips what price guide is that below?
Post 45 IP   flag post
Overstreet #13
Post 46 IP   flag post
Post 47 IP   flag post
@Drogio That was my earliest price guide and a hard cover. It has a really good article from E.Gerber about the preservation of comic books.
Post 48 IP   flag post
600822 48 23
This topic is archived. Start new topic?