Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

Terrible Postman?! No problem!3752

Collector Thanatos private msg quote post Address this user
Are you tired of having your comics and other important documents (college diplomas, etc.) show up bent in half and stuffed in your mailbox because your postman is too lazy to care?

Well now, you don't have to worry about your delicate comic packages! Just buy a giant freaking mailbox!! Honestly didn't think this would be so big but it's perfect! Medium size priority boxes won't fit but they aren't the comics I'm worried about. I'm concerned about the bubble envelopes that have your comic smashed between two backboards because a seller was too lazy to cut some cardboard. I'm installing this tomorrow.

GET YOURS NOW!

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B01KJEFJ4I/ref=yo_ii_img?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Post 1 IP   flag post
Collector harmonicaman private msg quote post Address this user
My regular post guy is great, he puts my comics between my outer and inner doors. It's his off day substitutes that drive me nuts. And it's nearly impossible to predict when that will be.
Post 2 IP   flag post
Collector Thanatos private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by harmonicaman
My regular post guy is great, he puts my comics between my outer and inner doors. It's his off day substitutes that drive me nuts. And it's nearly impossible to predict when that will be.

You won't have to worry ever about those off day subs...with a giant freaking mailbox!
Post 3 IP   flag post
Collector Mef private msg quote post Address this user
@Thanatos is now the @BillyMays of giant mailboxes!

Ever order your airplane parts online and forget to send them to the yard?

Don't worry about it, with a giant freakin mailbox!
Post 4 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR DarthLego private msg quote post Address this user
The thread title and first sentence had me expecting a Ghostbusters style extermination pitch.
Post 5 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR Foghorn_Sam private msg quote post Address this user
What you write on package: FRAGILE
What postal employee sees: CRUSH, KILL, DESTROY

What you write on package: DO NOT BEND
What postal employee sees: FOLD, SPINDLE, MUTILATE
Post 6 IP   flag post
Collector Logan510 private msg quote post Address this user
The large mailbox is a good idea, I don't put the blame on the USPS for poorly packaged books though.
Post 7 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR Wolverine private msg quote post Address this user
I like the mailbox but whoever packaged that book is truly to blame. Books should never be put in paper envelopes, never.
Post 8 IP   flag post
Collector Revelations private msg quote post Address this user
I bought the same mailbox after my mail person folded my Gemini mailer to shove in the mail box instead of walking 50 feet to my door. That box has been a God send. It has held up to 5 gemini/comic mailers.

I had 2 aspen comics Rebirth Batman #1 in the package that got folded. It was shipped directly from Aspen.
Post 9 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
I have had several sellers put "Fragile" or even "Glass" on packages for protection. I think carriers take those stickers as a challenge.
I almost always double box when shipping comics and don't skimp on bubble wrap. I also never write "Fragile" or "Do Not Bend" on any package - best not to bring attention to it. I always get insurance.

And my favorite:

Post 10 IP   flag post
Collector dpiercy private msg quote post Address this user
😂
Post 11 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR shrewbeer private msg quote post Address this user
I know a couple current and former mail carriers, including my mum.

They have a route, and the rule is that all mail goes out on that route that day. You cant come back to the office with any mail in the truck. For those with a difficult route, or a day that everyone seems to have packages, they will try not to bring too many packages to doors because if they do spend that extra time they'll end up working all night.

It doesnt justify bending books, but there's your reason.
Post 12 IP   flag post
Collector ZosoRocks private msg quote post Address this user
Two pieces of sturdy cardboard would have eliminated this altogether.

I now write to the seller to ensure that they do this before shipping.

Hit or miss that the seller cooperates.

:o(
Post 13 IP   flag post
Collector Revelations private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZosoRocks
Two pieces of sturdy cardboard would have eliminated this altogether.

I now write to the seller to ensure that they do this before shipping.

Hit or miss that the seller cooperates.

:o(

No, it wouldn't have stopped the mail carrier from bending the package. If they're determined to bend cardboard, they're going to bend it. Like I said before, I had one bend comics in a Gemini mailer, which is far harder to bend than any two pieces of "sturdy card board.
Post 14 IP   flag post
Collector Darkga private msg quote post Address this user
I just received three comics totaling over $100 wrapped in plastic wrap and stuffed in a paper envelope from BELGIUM! No cardboard and no backing board even! By some miracle they arrived in decent shape, but I still let the seller have it.
Post 15 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR shrewbeer private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkga
I just received three comics totaling over $100 wrapped in plastic wrap and stuffed in a paper envelope from BELGIUM! No cardboard and no backing board even! By some miracle they arrived in decent shape, but I still let the seller have it.

Haha that's ripe

Try a Supergirl #1 that I *thought was in NM shape from his pics, get shipped rolled up wrapped in newspaper. I still put in in a shortbox, but it had to go in the "drek" box lol. He had never sold a comic before, at least I got it for a song
Post 16 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
A few weeks ago I received an envelope from Saudi Arabia containing five unbagged foreign comics between two pieces of cardboard. The corners were a little dinged up, but not bad considering the distance and the packaging. Now I know why the shipping was free! But it was a bubble wrap envelope. lol

Post 17 IP   flag post
If I could, I would. I swear. DrWatson private msg quote post Address this user
It doesn't matter how big your mailbox is as the mail is typically folded as it is loaded in to the delivery vehicle. We have a large enough mailbox for everything to be delivered flat and all of the mail still gets folded.
Post 18 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR DarthLego private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by shrewbeer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkga

Haha that's ripe

Try a Supergirl #1 that I *thought was in NM shape from his pics, get shipped rolled up wrapped in newspaper. I still put in in a shortbox, but it had to go in the "drek" box lol. He had never sold a comic before, at least I got it for a song

Post 19 IP   flag post
598100 19 19
This topic is archived. Start new topic?