CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Graded

CBCS Turnaround 7/24/20173747

CBCS Pressing SteveRicketts private msg quote post Address this user
#CBCScomics #turnaroundupdate

Post 1 IP   flag post
Collector djmike74 private msg quote post Address this user
ok so what does this mean if I submitted my book at the Orlando MegaCon on May 28th and got put in the system on June 2nd. They are all signature series and no pressing involved, when i look on the website books are just sitting there. When can i expect to see any movement on my books?
Post 2 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR dielinfinite private msg quote post Address this user
@djmike74 Books received at a convention, regardless of when they make it to the system, are backdated to the Tuesday after the show. So your Submission from May 28th counts as having been received on May 30th

That means, considering there's an 11-week turn around time, that you're about 8 weeks in. So you should see your books go into grading in about 2 1/2 to 3 weeks.
Post 3 IP   flag post
Collector djmike74 private msg quote post Address this user
@dielinfinite thanks for the reply I'm glad to see that i hope my books will be graded soon.
Post 4 IP   flag post
Collector Thanatos private msg quote post Address this user
Spoiling us with these weekly updates @SteveRicketts!
Post 5 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR DarthLego private msg quote post Address this user
What happened to Jake?
Post 6 IP   flag post
@DarthLego They accidentally shipped his box. They're still trying to track him down

Post 7 IP   flag post
Ima gonna steal this and look for some occasion to use it! IronMan private msg quote post Address this user
MODERN TIER: Grading books received May 4th and shipping books received May 3rd. ONE DAY for QC, encapsulation and shipping?

That seems unlikely. Just sayin.
Post 8 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by IronMan
MODERN TIER: Grading books received May 4th and shipping books received May 3rd. ONE DAY for QC, encapsulation and shipping?

That seems unlikely. Just sayin.

Yeah, it's more likely those dates are entering QC rather than getting out the door.
Post 9 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR shrewbeer private msg quote post Address this user
That month backlog in QC really sucks. Is everyone is getting their rivets re-holdered or what?

This means I'm 1-2 weeks out from grading and ~5 weeks out from shipping. Blargh. I'm in purgatory.
Post 10 IP   flag post
Collector b00ch private msg quote post Address this user
@shrewbeer I just got 30 books reholdered because the new labels are just soo much better. Id be curious to know how many more reholders they have been doing.
Post 11 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR JWKyle private msg quote post Address this user
I'm mailing off 20 books today to get reholdered. Guess I'll help with the backlog in QC
Post 12 IP   flag post
My re-holders went to the front of the line on my invoice, they've been done for a while. They may have to re-think that process and start giving a re-holder turnaround if this influx of #rivetgate keeps up; it's holding up the show!
Post 13 IP   flag post
Collector b00ch private msg quote post Address this user
@shrewbeer I thought re-holders were on the time sheet as 3-4 weeks.
Post 14 IP   flag post
Idk. I had one "error" shipment (one reholder one re-grade) fly through all tiers in 1 day.

Then on a regular invoice that had every tier with some reholders, the re-holders were changed to "grading" within a few days and have stayed there for weeks now. Im assuming that means they are done and just waiting for the rest of my books.
Post 15 IP   flag post
FORMER CBCS Jake_Fleming private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by dielinfinite
@DarthLego They accidentally shipped his box. They're still trying to track him down

I was at San Diego Comic Con.

This is an actual image from me getting shipped back to the office.
Post 16 IP   flag post
@Jake_Fleming Must've been nice to get some leg room after that teeny, tiny SDCC booth

Hopefully we'll be able to work out that Saturday group dinner/hang-out a little better next year
Post 17 IP   flag post
@Jake_Fleming Glad you made it back in one piece. You must have avoided @Thanatos' mail carrier.
Post 18 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by dielinfinite
@Jake_Fleming Must've been nice to get some leg room after that teeny, tiny SDCC booth

Hopefully we'll be able to work out that Saturday group dinner/hang-out a little better next year

The leg room is much needed now.
Post 19 IP   flag post
Collector D84 private msg quote post Address this user
I have to say I'm impressed with the Rapid turn around time. The website says 1 week, and my book was received Monday and shipped today (Wednesday).
Post 20 IP   flag post
Collector Wall_Crawler private msg quote post Address this user
Just subbed my first books to CBCS under ART program...States arrived May 23rd...My sub page says processed within 5 weeks of receiving or something like that...There is no grading to do as it is the Original Art label...Is 11 weeks the "actual" TAT? Not in a super big hurry, just curious. Thanks!
Post 21 IP   flag post
@Wall_Crawler 4-5 weeks is the standard tat on ART holders. It would fall under the "All Other" above, so 1-3 days behind, so I would expect 5.5 weeks.
Post 22 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wall_Crawler
I have to say I'm impressed with the Rapid turn around time. The website says 1 week, and my book was received Monday and shipped today (Wednesday).

That seems more behind than it should. Shoot me a PM with the invoice number and I'll see where it is.
Post 23 IP   flag post
Collector D84 private msg quote post Address this user
vQuote:
Originally Posted by Jake_Fleming
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wall_Crawler

That seems more behind than it should. Shoot me a PM with the invoice number and I'll see where it is.

The book is on it's way. Rapid is supposed to be one week and it was completed in two days.

I wasn't being sarcastic when I said I'm impressed. Sorry for the confusion.
Post 24 IP   flag post
Jake attempting to locate a book already shipped, now that's dedication!
Post 25 IP   flag post
Collector Johnnyonthespot private msg quote post Address this user
I'm just wondering...how long fast track takes...I have 3 bundles of books sent out already...the first one had some signatures in there to be verified and I didn't get fast track on it..that was sent out 05/15/17 going on three months...not sure how long that takes, the second was the first fast track I sent out and that consisted of four books that was sent out June 15, 2017...going on 7 weeks now...and the third was a bigger one that 12 books and was sent out July 10th, going on a month...I sent em out through my LCS and last time I checked on the ones to that were sent out still we're sitting in the vault...any help with this would be much appreciated thank you
Post 26 IP   flag post
@Johnnyonthespot the general rule of thumb is Fast Track cuts the current TAT in half. So 8 weeks becomes 4, 10 weeks becomes 5.
Post 27 IP   flag post
I'm going to my LCS today to check and see what's going on...I haven't checked since the tenth of july
Post 28 IP   flag post
I was looking on this site...how can I get ahold of cbcs directly?
Post 29 IP   flag post
customerservice@cbcscomics.com
Post 30 IP   flag post
600884 39 30
This topic is archived. Start new topic?