Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS EventsCBCS GradedCBCS Original Art Program OAPCBCS Signature ASPCBCS Signature VSP

CBCS Turnaround 5/23/16374

Collector shiftins6 private msg quote post Address this user
Books received on April 12. Status has remained the same.
Post 26 IP   flag post
Please continue to ignore anything I post. southerncross private msg quote post Address this user
sub my books. april 7 at Emarald city con. Today June the 2nd they arrived. Take away the con days. and allvthe other cons CBCS were at. then take off the weekends and the holidays. Thats good.
CGC would take 9 months to grade books from Australia. Nine months.Through a charter dealer.So im ok with the time it took. 2 months better then 9
Post 27 IP   flag post
Collector John1122 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by southerncross
sub my books. april 7 at Emarald city con. Today June the 2nd they arrived. Take away the con days. and allvthe other cons CBCS were at. then take off the weekends and the holidays. Thats good.
CGC would take 9 months to grade books from Australia. Nine months.Through a charter dealer.So im ok with the time it took. 2 months better then 9

I must say, I'm displeased with hearing this, not by you of course, but with CBCS. I submitted my books at Greenville on April 1st and haven't received mine yet.
Post 28 IP   flag post
Collector qube private msg quote post Address this user
Hearing the early April subs saying they still don't have theirs is disappointing. My dashboard shows my books received April 19, but when I called, they said that they didn't receive them until April 25.

Add in the fact that they had one of my books incorrectly assigned an art label (which they verified I submitted correctly), and I'm not quite 100% satisfied at this point either.

I was on the fence about switching from CGC, and the advertising of all tiers on time is what tipped the scales in CBCS's favor for my most recent submission.

I am very happy with the customer service and community though, so I'll be sticking with CBCS, especially in light of the current CGC holder debacle.

Just sharing my experience so far in case anyone else is thinking about switching or wondering about current turn around times based on submissions by date
Post 29 IP   flag post
Collector nadabig private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by qube
Hearing the early April subs saying they still don't have theirs is disappointing. My dashboard shows my books received April 19, but when I called, they said that they didn't receive them until April 25.

Add in the fact that they had one of my books incorrectly assigned an art label (which they verified I submitted correctly), and I'm not quite 100% satisfied at this point either.

I was on the fence about switching from CGC, and the advertising of all tiers on time is what tipped the scales in CBCS's favor for my most recent submission.

I am very happy with the customer service and community though, so I'll be sticking with CBCS, especially in light of be current CGC holder debacle.

Just sharing my experience so far in case anyone else is thinking about switching or wondering about current turn around times based on submissions by date

I'm not sure what to think either. Mine were due yesterday. I was told that at the latest I should see them on 6/7-6/9, and that's if they weren't caught up by now. Since that, the turnaround has gone from a 3-6 business day delay to 6-8. So who knows when I'll see them.
Post 30 IP   flag post

Collector asteroidcomix private msg quote post Address this user
Fast pass 2 day modern: received 5/31 and still in "received" today.
Post 31 IP   flag post
Collector shiftins6 private msg quote post Address this user
Have we now become too busy bailing out CGC customers with lousy plastic and damaged books?
Post 32 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by shiftins6
Have we now become too busy bailing out CGC customers with lousy plastic and damaged books?

That and they likely have succeeded in getting other folks to lose complete faith in normal processing turnarounds and everyone is requesting expedited services.
Post 33 IP   flag post
Fast pass 2 day modern (1 business day TAT): received 5/31 and still in "received" today.
Post 34 IP   flag post
Collector CGC1 private msg quote post Address this user
Waiting for my order marked 4/12 upon calling they state not received until 4/20? Due last week.... They have had my payment for at least a month! If you want new and repeat business you simply cannot allow this to happen, especially when you don't
send an update to your customer that it will take another week or more... Instead you are relying on social media to take care of your errors. Tighten things up.... Thx!
Post 35 IP   flag post
Kind of hard to not agree with that somewhat.

But the s/n...seriously?
Post 36 IP   flag post
Collector Ebandy private msg quote post Address this user
I never received even a email stating the received my books . Had to call customer service. Like most collector the books I submitted are my babies lol . Would be nice to know when I will get them back . A definite answer instead of " maybe July " would be great .
Post 37 IP   flag post
Yes, Those are the steps a winning company takes to gather new and retain current customers. In other words, what can we do better at CBCS to gain the respect of the industry and comic collector community to be the go to company. Showing up at various shows is important but maybe more important is how you treat that found customer cliental.... Keeping the customer waiting past
the promised due date and trying to draw in more business on a "holder" debate is questionable
at best. A welcoming customer service department and perhaps monthly specials would be more in order! To be the best you need to never forget how you got there
It's primarily the CUSTOMER and their experience that translates to a positive or negative "word of mouth!"
Post 38 IP   flag post
One thing I got to say is customer service has been great .
Post 39 IP   flag post
I suppose one of two things has to happen.

CBCS has to get working on turnarounds and have faith that they don't have to make efforts to snag CGC customers. All they have to do is fulfill promises and the rest will come.

The CGC has to address their holders. This has had to be an enormous blow to them as they now have a chink in their armor and to account for it there will be a great deal of double-work.

The one that irons theirs out first will make the first big step in gaining market share.
Post 40 IP   flag post
This is beyond "holders". I've
made my point. I guess enjoy your
CBCS.... I'm obliviously not impressed with what and how they run their business! Enough wasted energy here.... OUT!
Post 41 IP   flag post
Collector Stelbert_Stylton private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by CGC1
This is beyond "holders". I've made my point. I guess enjoy your CBCS.... I'm obliviously not impressed with what and how they run their business! Enough wasted energy here.... OUT!

You've made your point alright, if your point was to have us think you're a whiny crybaby.
Post 42 IP   flag post
I don't care if CGC runs on time, as their times are just about the same as CBCS. Hopefully anyway, as I truly don't know how long my books are running behind.

But it doesn't matter if CGC is faster if their process will compromise my books. I guess if you want someone to understand something other than that, maybe the problem is you.

I just want a quality on-time processor for grading. Is that so much to ask?
Post 43 IP   flag post
Wow.... When I get rotten customer service and the person
that answers the phone says hey your order has been delayed it was posted several days ago on Facebook and then I have to search for any mention of it. I simply believe in order to be a great company, own up to it directly with contacting your valuable clientele and letting them know "it's gonna be late". These are valid concerns. You yourself apparently have no people skills. You would rather hide behind your comments calling others crybabies .... I am stepping forward and stating the facts. Shame on you Stelbert.
Post 44 IP   flag post
Quote:
Wow.... When I get rotten customer service and the person
that answers the phone says hey your order has been delayed it was posted several days ago on Facebook and then I have to search for any mention of it. I simply believe in order to be a great company, own up to it directly with contacting your valuable clientele and letting them know "it's gonna be late". These are valid concerns. You yourself apparently have no people skills. You would rather hide behind your comments calling others crybabies

How am I hiding? My name is Stu Cathell, I live in Plainfield, CT. You can meet me every Saturday at Wonderland Comics in Putnam, CT. C'mon down, keyboard warrior!

Quote:
.... I am stepping forward and stating the facts. Shame on you Stelbert.

I too stated facts.
Post 45 IP   flag post
Ok, people facts only here .... I don't care to talk any more about these grading companies.... Complaining yea some... Feedback, definitely ---- absolutely & positively no whining!! I think all I all every grading company could make them selves Better... (CGC,CBCS,PGX, Beckett,PSA, SGC, NGC..... Etc... Thanks for your attention. Enjoy our hobby!
Post 46 IP   flag post
Ok enough Stu. This is not about whining and I'm definitely not a crybaby here. I am just giving my apparent 2X rotten service feedback and how I really feel that CBCS could be better as the "new kid on the block". If we agree to disagree then so-be-it. Let's just enjoy our hobby! Happy Collecting.
Post 47 IP   flag post
What happened to your FDQ exit?
Post 48 IP   flag post
Collector roarzola private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Ok, people facts only here .... I don't care to talk any more about these grading companies.... Complaining yea some... Feedback, definitely ---- absolutely & positively no whining!! I think all I all every grading company could make them selves Better... (CGC,CBCS,PGX, Beckett,PSA, SGC, NGC..... Etc... Thanks for your attention. Enjoy our hobby!

I think there is always room for improvement but there must also be realistic expectations. If you submitted 30 day Modern, you did see the ** next to it?

CBCS could improve in their updates and maybe even implement some way to send emails to their customers when behind. That is for them to decide. I am sure they value your feedback but they are the ones to make the decisions and as a consumer decide if their current policies and business practices are right for you.

Currently, with the whole "holder" issue at CGC, I have made the decision not to deal with them at this time. If they come out with a new holder that is absolutely the best all around, maybe they will get all of my business then. Until then, I would rather wait a few extra days then get my books damaged.

By the way, I would like to see you create a sig over on the CGC board "CBCS1" and see if they treat you better. If you do, let me know how it works out.
Post 49 IP   flag post
Fast pass 2 day modern (1 business day TAT): received 5/31, moved to "grading" on 6/7. With the Friday con, we're at 5 business days and counting.
Post 50 IP   flag post
Collector Joshua373 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by asteroidcomix
Fast pass 2 day modern (1 business day TAT): received 5/31, moved to "grading" on 6/7. With the Friday con, we're at 5 business days and counting.

I submitted my first book back at a con on April 23rd. It has been "processing" since 5/4/16. What are the different stages? Should I expect to see "grading" next? I was hoping processing was grading.
Post 51 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joshua373
Quote:

I submitted my first book back at a con on April 23rd. It has been "processing" since 5/4/16. What are the different stages? Should I expect to see "grading" next? I was hoping processing was grading.
I submitted mine same day at the Knoxville con. Last thing I heard was maybe July before I get them back
Post 52 IP   flag post
Collector DrunkWooky private msg quote post Address this user
Is there a problem with email notification of shipment?

Last month I found out my books were arriving because of a FedEx text.

I have another batch of 8 books headed back right now and I'm just wondering if CBCS will be working on putting shipment tracking numbers on the dashboard.

Otherwise, really happy with the service. Thanks for all you do!
Post 53 IP   flag post
Collector Joshua373 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ebandy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joshua373
Quote:

I submitted mine same day at the Knoxville con. Last thing I heard was maybe July before I get them back

That's the con I was at. Thanks for the update. It's taking longer than i had expected. I am planning on submitting more comics at heroes con but the wait time is making question if it's worth it.
Post 54 IP   flag post
Collector roarzola private msg quote post Address this user
wow, so when does convention season end?
Post 55 IP   flag post
601364 70 30
This topic is archived. Start new topic?