Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Art Sketch CoversCBCS Signature VSPQuestions

Daredevil # 1 Authentix sketch cover3737

Collector Gaz973 private msg quote post Address this user
Probably a bit of a newbie question but just wondering if someone might be able to help me out with an answer.

I've submitted books for the VSP before but how do I go about submitting a book with sketch and sig? I know that with CGC it just ends up with a green label due to the unverified sig anyway but does the sketch just get ignored with CBCS and should I click the original art tick box when submitting.

Thanks.

Post 1 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR dielinfinite private msg quote post Address this user
You'd submit this the exact same way you'd submit a book for signature verification.

So they can't verify the art itself so the label will say the signature is verified and that there is a sketch but it won't say the sketch is done by the person who signed it.

Original Art is optional. If you select that, your book will not be given a grade and it will just say "ART."

Like this:

Post 2 IP   flag post
Collector Gaz973 private msg quote post Address this user
Aha brilliant, just what I needed to know. I'll just send it in the same as the rest of the VSP books then. Thanks a lot. 👍
Post 3 IP   flag post
On the subject of Daredevil Authentix, though, I can't help but show mine off:

I just got it signed by Joe Quesada at SDCC and I'll be getting Kevin Smith and Jimmy Palmiotti on it later this year
Post 4 IP   flag post
Beaten by boat oars Studley_Dudley private msg quote post Address this user

My experience is that it is still VSP and CBCS will note a sketch on the cover.
Post 5 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR DarthLego private msg quote post Address this user
@dielinfinite did he re-trace the rope in gold, or is that just the different camera angle making it look more gold than the first photo?
Post 6 IP   flag post
Collector Mef private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthLego
@dielinfinite did he re-trace the rope in gold, or is that just the different camera angle making it look more gold than the first photo?

It almost looks like he did some highlights but I think it's the wonderful lighting in those convention centers.
Post 7 IP   flag post
The artist painted the rope gold, the lighting in the second picture just makes it more visible. I got Quesada's (and teying to get the others) in gold to match.
Post 8 IP   flag post
Collector AndyRexia private msg quote post Address this user
@dielinfinite that is gorgeous!
Post 9 IP   flag post
@AndyRexia Thank you!
Post 10 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR shrewbeer private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by dielinfinite

That yours?!

Post 11 IP   flag post
@shrewbeer lol no, I think that was a piece CBCS used when they announced the ART labels
Post 12 IP   flag post
598063 12 12
This topic is archived. Start new topic?